RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mrdude

Map Right and Left Bumpers - to change game views?

Hi guys, nice skin BTW.

Would it be possible to map the right and left bumpers to switch games views:

Ie. switch betweed xbox360, arcade, homebrew, etc.?

Is this something I could do myself? if so what needs editing?

We have something like that on our future feature list. You cant do this yourself no.

We have something like that on our future feature list. You cant do this yourself no.

I'm really disappointed that FSD is no longer going to be updated and worked on, I have to say I do appreciate what you guys are doing for the community and all the hard work that goes into doing this. But without (I'm sure) people having a go at me, I have to say I don't like it (Aurora). I personally never had a issue with FSD and I feel that by now we should have more better and also advanced features I personally feel like this is a massive step backwards. I understand its in Alpha phase but you can see where its going and primary features of Aurora. Having the sections tabs and full featured dash on FSD is what made it so great.

It feels like FSD stripped down to its bare essentials with new skins. I will say I love the look of it though you guys have done great there the win 8 metro kind of feel is really nice feels like your on xbox.com website so I commend you guys for that which is a great improvement. But please consider possibly having a full dash like FSD had with menu's and tabs with a option where you can have it boot directly into coverflow, to satisfy everyone, as I'm sure the reason you have made that choice to boot directly into coverflow and not have sections is a 50/50 some will love it and some won't. That what I'm seeing on a couple of the most popular moding sites online that have made a thread about this.

To take the advantages and features that FSD had and just get rid of them for me a many others feels like a huge step back and in a sense its just xexmenu with covers and TU's. So I hope and really like to see a possible option to either have the full experience of a dash with sections/menu's/tabs or have it boost directly into coverflow

Please don't take any offence to this I couldn't do what you do and I thank the people like you guys everyday for making my RGH/Moding experiences I have everyday great fun and enjoyable and for that I can't thank and admire the work you guys do, but as I said my only issue is it feels like a massive step backwards, if I was to loose having the full menu system and only boot into coverflow with everything all in that I'd be really gutted.

One other thing I would like to ask on FSD and Aurora there are different ways you can set your covers (Game Boxes) different views, on FSD there was a file you could replace that gave you about 20+ different views that was widley used and some of them which aren't in Aurora although most are the same as from FSD with the added couple new ones  (the full game layout looks cool) you would change this file> CLayout 3 it had+29 All 100% TESTED new layouts its a 16KB XML file which I'm sure you know but just in-case can this be used at all to add all of the extra box layouts? if not could these be added some are very popular and would be a great ad

continue with the great work your work gives us so much joy :)

Xexmenu with covers and tu's is actually what we were aiming for, so glad to see you get that reference.

F3 development stopped a while ago as the dash was as complete as we could make it without doing full rewrite.

Now it is time to do what the other 50% wants (and those includes ourselves). If you like F3, nobody will stop you from using it.

We did not strip down F3, we started a new Dash from the ground up.

Aurora will not ever get a full tabs menu. We will however make it easier to switch between filters in a future release.

As for the cover layouts, the format in Aurora is slightly different, but I'm sure someone will figure out how to convert these in the near future.

Well it is insecure for normal consumers to see the games directly on boot. I don't like it either. It's a new modern way i guess. (like the fresh metro look)

And it is good to see a new Dash started from the "ground up", but i don't know if we can except whole new functions, as if now it would just look like a new Skin which is working smoother. Dunno if it had been necessary tho.

But i look forward to it and hope to see more. The coding is really great.