Jump to content
RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

Recommended Posts

On 26/07/2017 at 1:51 PM, ZoneModzz said:

I keep loosing the avatar update every 10-15 mins I'm really fed up.....Can anyone help me with this?

Sounds like a problem with your dashlaunch plugins or the kernel patches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please help me?
I am not that good with xbox but i have an xbox 360 and i modified it a couple of years ago which has a freestyle 3 launcher and internal storage filled with games

the problem here that the kinect doesn't work. it requires an update and i kinda remember the guy that i modified it from said dont update it or you will lose all the games so what should i do i really wanna play the games.

i followed this tutorial but didnt get an update message and i feel lost at the moment.
please help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances are if you had it modded a few years ago, and have never updated it, it is on an older kernel, and should be updated. The easiest way to update everything is with the xebuild updserv option. to do this, download my updated J-runner, which has files for createing all of the dashboards, and a few of the avatar updates, including the latest. You will also need the Dashlaunch installer. For this to work, the console and the computer need to be on the same network. That being said, open the latest dashlaunch installer on the console. Doesnt matter if you update dashlaunch so go ahead and do it if you want. In the configuration menu there is an option called updserv, that needs to be enabled. So do that and leave the app running on the console. Now go back to the PC, and navigate to the xebuild folder within the J-runner folder. hold ctrl+shift and right click, and you should get a new option in the menu that says open command window here. Click that. Now in the command prompt type xebuild update -f 17511 and hit enter. Allow ports on firewall, and wait for the console to reboot. Now your console will be updated to 17511 kernel, and have the avatar/kinect update you wanted. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Chances are if you had it modded a few years ago, and have never updated it, it is on an older kernel, and should be updated. The easiest way to update everything is with the xebuild updserv option. to do this, download my updated J-runner, which has files for createing all of the dashboards, and a few of the avatar updates, including the latest. You will also need the Dashlaunch installer. For this to work, the console and the computer need to be on the same network. That being said, open the latest dashlaunch installer on the console. Doesnt matter if you update dashlaunch so go ahead and do it if you want. In the configuration menu there is an option called updserv, that needs to be enabled. So do that and leave the app running on the console. Now go back to the PC, and navigate to the xebuild folder within the J-runner folder. hold ctrl+shift and right click, and you should get a new option in the menu that says open command window here. Click that. Now in the command prompt type xebuild update -f 17511 and hit enter. Allow ports on firewall, and wait for the console to reboot. Now your console will be updated to 17511 kernel, and have the avatar/kinect update you wanted. 

 

13

Sorry to bother but i kinda don't get the part of "open the latest dashlaunch installer on the console. Doesn't matter if you update dashlaunch so go ahead and do it if you want. In the configuration menu there is an option called updserv, that needs to be enabled." where can i find the updserv. sorry i am such a noob.
But here is the steps i did i opened the console plugged an ethernet cable with the xbox so its same network as the PC and opened the cmd prompt and typed the command but it waited a while and said "***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: unable to find console"
i have noticed something that when going to my games the launcher is called FSD 2.0
If there is a video tutorial that explains step by step what to do i will be very grateful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the option is in a menu called configurator..... Could be wrong about that though. So find the updserv option in the dashlaunch installer, and enable it(Should have a green circle). Leave the dashlaunch installer open, as this is an option for the installer, and then run the command on the computer. If the console is on the same network segment, then it should work.

 

Dashlaunch installer is a seperate app, that you will need to run on the console, as most people build their nand image with the latest dashlaunch installed by default. You can find that app here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I believe the option is in a menu called configurator..... Could be wrong about that though. So find the updserv option in the dashlaunch installer, and enable it(Should have a green circle). Leave the dashlaunch installer open, as this is an option for the installer, and then run the command on the computer. If the console is on the same network segment, then it should work.

 

Dashlaunch installer is a seperate app, that you will need to run on the console, as most people build their nand image with the latest dashlaunch installed by default. You can find that app here. 

 

Thank you so much it worked finally!
i am very grateful for you man.
do you know where i can download games for it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drewxmvm said:

Thank you so much it worked finally!
i am very grateful for you man.
do you know where i can download games for it :)

I do, but I am not going to tell you, because we dont support piracy on this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i swaped my hard drive from 250g to 750g and when i insert old hard drive kinect working correctly a when i isert new kinect dowsnt working and when i insert usb with system update every time show not correct screen pls help me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KasperDanySL said:

i swaped my hard drive from 250g to 750g and when i insert old hard drive kinect working correctly a when i isert new kinect dowsnt working and when i insert usb with system update every time show not correct screen pls help me

Because the avatar/kinect data is installed to the hdd... do this, disconnect kinect, put new hdd in, usb with update, plug in kinect.. update should come up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2012 at 11:59 PM, BL4K3Y said:

You should always keep your JTAG/RGH kernel updated.

You can use older versions if you like, but new kernel versions include changes, bug fixes, additions etc.

From where can I download the older version kinect/avatar update? I have kernel version 17511 and I need Kinect and Avatar update for this version. From where can I download this please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 9:22 AM, Ryounus said:

From where can I download the older version kinect/avatar update? I have kernel version 17511 and I need Kinect and Avatar update for this version. From where can I download this please?

Google it.. 

17511 dashboard update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...