RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
HowlingWolfe93

[LiNK] Language/Region Selection Idea

A few nights ago, I came up with an idea for LiNK. (or LiNK v2 I guess.) I thought, (And I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's hard finding people who speak the same language.) maybe there would be something you guys could do to make it easier for people to find others who speak the same language as they do. (Exp. I speak English as I live in the U.S. It is very difficult to find others who also speak English) So I didn't know if maybe there could be something like, a Region/Language Selection or something? Or maybe something that people can join on the Unity website or maybe on here? (Swizzy was the first to see this suggestion)

• Like 1

A few nights ago, I came up with an idea for LiNK. (or LiNK v2 I guess.) I thought, (And I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's hard finding people who speak the same language.) maybe there would be something you guys could do to make it easier for people to find others who speak the same language as they do. (Exp. I speak English as I live in the U.S. It is very difficult to find others who also speak English) So I didn't know if maybe there could be something like, a Region/Language Selection or something? Or maybe something that people can join on the Unity website or maybe on here? (Swizzy was the first to see this suggestion)

It is called the "Matchmaking" area, as it is separated by region:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/42-matchmaking/

dunno why people ask for things that are already here???

I guess I should rephrase. something to use/join for LiNK for talking online while playing? Also, had an idea for DashLaunch. As most games already have the ability to use chat in-game (headset) Some games, like CoD: Ghosts, you need to enable FakeLive rather than AutoFake in DashLaunch. But, in order for someone else to hear you, they need to have that on as well. So I didn't know if maybe the next DashLaunch update, instead of needing to change it periodically, there could be a feature that switches from AutoFake to FakeLive for certain games?

• Like 1

I guess I should rephrase. something to use/join for LiNK for talking online while playing? Also, had an idea for DashLaunch. As most games already have the ability to use chat in-game (headset) Some games, like CoD: Ghosts, you need to enable FakeLive rather than AutoFake in DashLaunch. But, in order for someone else to hear you, they need to have that on as well. So I didn't know if maybe the next DashLaunch update, instead of needing to change it periodically, there could be a feature that switches from AutoFake to FakeLive for certain games?

i've asked that question m8, if there will be "voice-chatting" for games that don't support it.. got straight told no.. lol.. but in NOVA, there will be texting? but i forgot what thread it was in.. so i can't link it to you.. but i'm pretty sure MaesterRowen is the one who said no..

FOUND IT:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5217-nova-the-future-of-link/page-5#entry42802

but i do like your idea of the fakelive option being able to be known.. so you CAN know who is talking.. but yeah.. doubtful on that too probably..

You can already choose global regions like EU when you create your own room.

But i like the idea. Just like some games we could have in the "root" selection regional rooms, e.g. like Germany or Spain

In these there are the subrooms "public rooms" etc. Maybe there could be a better hierarchy for this. You could even make Nova Autoselect your region setup from Aurora or Xbox, but what if you want to play global? And there would be more maintanace work. It can be optimized but you have to plan it first for the best improvements.

• Like 1

When we get Player Search for Nova/LiNK v2, add something like a filter or something like (Search for Users/Player who speak English, Spanish, etc.) or something while we are on Aurora. Eh? How's that for an idea? Pretty cool right?

When we get Player Search for Nova/LiNK v2, add something like a filter or something like (Search for Users/Player who speak English, Spanish, etc.) or something while we are on Aurora. Eh? How's that for an idea? Pretty cool right?

i know what you are getting at, but think about it for 2 seconds, how hard would it be for someone to LIE and say they are/do speaking english, but not? sheesh..

i know what you are getting at, but think about it for 2 seconds, how hard would it be for someone to LIE and say they are/do speaking english, but not? sheesh..

About this easy. I am a 2000 year old decedent of Jesus.  lol. Oh we are talking about language. lol. I just figured I would show people how easy it is to lie on the internet. ;) God that was easy. lol

About this easy. I am a 2000 year old decedent of Jesus.  lol. Oh we are talking about language. lol. I just figured I would show people how easy it is to lie on the internet. ;) God that was easy. lol

LMFAO ~DIED!!

• Like 1

Yeah, I was going to go on to say I was also his gay lover, but I figured that would offend people. lol.

glad to see you're in a good mood today.. lmfao

This isn't a joke. It's really hard trying to find people who speak the same language when playing online.

We understand that, but in the same token, there is nothing to stop people from lying about what language they speak to get in on more games. There is no language recognition that will kick them from a game if they start speaking spanish in an english game. That is why we are making jokes. It isnt to offend, but at the same time, it is to show how ridiculous the request actually is. This is where media IDs come into play on a stock xbox, but with all the people that download games, that doesnt fix this problem either, as even on link to different media IDs cant play together either. Long story short, it is a nice idea, but it is practically impossible to enforce. Now the best that can be done is the ability to kick people from a private room, but it is kind of mean to kick someone because of a language barrier. :(

I never said anything about lying though. Right now I'm currently making some pics on what I mean specifically. (I just don't know how to add pics to a reply comment.) So I think I'll just put them on MEGA so you can download them. I have a few done, but it can take me a while.

I never said anything about lying though. Right now I'm currently making some pics on what I mean specifically. (I just don't know how to add pics to a reply comment.) So I think I'll just put them on MEGA so you can download them. I have a few done, but it can take me a while.

You just attach them, this can be done with the full editor...

OK, here's the pictures. As much as a pain in the ass it was to make them, here you go. Please download them in order.

https://mega.nz/#!boMlhKYC!tcTFpOACbk4AnydEydJS8mrJHzavLFri7jiYpaqzN3k 

https://mega.nz/#!Wt0XTZ6T!-zMzsuSp9s8luNvc3dqUwi18y8exfHrfeW_eLQ2IwMc

https://mega.nz/#!7kFUDSAb!GlnEhnZxSHi7T47rZP_tDshYiRp6rJ-_6p6XtQKK4fY

https://mega.nz/#!WxUCVQrT!RysvKFFSucyD3bq8sK_49XyCdIrGDJeW_ztarZh6Es4

There needs to be something that people will have to do. (Not sure how.) But, people will need to select what language they speak. (Not every time. It would be a one-time thing. Maybe on Aurora or Unity account settings?) What you do is select the language you speak, then when you are on the Xbox Guide for Player Search, you click the Filter button. And what that will do is to sort out people who play on LiNK that speak that language you have selected. (All it does is SHOW the people who have that language set for their spoken language, not play with only those people!) The point of this is to find other people who speak the same language as you do. Then you could message them, friend request, etc. There will be other languages to choose from of course. When you are on the Player Search tab, it will show all players by default. (Not sure how the Friends tab should look like. I'll let the creators do that on their own.) But this is just a basic idea. (I guess you could say it's a "Teaser" haha!) The rest is pretty much up to the creators to finnish. You will notice that there is an icon missing from 2 of the pics. That is because I can't find a "colored version" of them. So please don't say anything mean, I worked REALLY hard on them.

I'm guessing that you want this in the "HUD"? As the matchmaking area can do most of this.. And for the friends thing, you can do that already, after you've talked on the site.. There is limited resources with the HUD as is.. But yeah, next time use tinypic.com or even mediafire,. As they will allow you to view pix w/o downloading m8

• Like 2