RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mrftwilliams

xbox 360 controller help very serious problem

when i'm playing a game with wired controller after about 2-3mins or so ittells me to reconnect the controller so i changed it for wireless onebut when i press the middle button nothing happens i even try tosynch on both controllers but same thing i reboot the console then it worksagain for a bit

my controller i use a lot is wired and have spare wireless one alsothere is nothing wrong with the controllers because i went out to get a new one and new battery packand still the same thing sometimes i just get to the dashboard and then it just stops working

i have tried googling it and looking on other sites too but i seem to be the only one with this problem and i'm very angry that i cant on link and kick some ass at black ops 2

any help would be greatly appreciated

...maybe bad RF Board

thanx jpizzle i was thinking hardware problem just couldnt bring myself to believe it lol

might sound like a dumb question is this easy to replace mate

An RF board is very simple to replace - Google or YouTube (look for "XBOX 360 Replace RF Board" or something) should be able to help you.

You have another issue elsewhere because the wired controller is having issues as well and I think that it is an issue with the USB ports (or at least one of them).

Connect a USB stick (a spare one preferably) and format it for XBOX 360 storage - do you have issues with this?

Are you connecting the wired controller to one of the front USB ports on the console?

Sorry I missed that part, Blakey is right to bring that up. When using your wired controller try to use one of the other USB ports.

An RF board is very simple to replace - Google or YouTube (look for "XBOX 360 Replace RF Board" or something) should be able to help you.

You have another issue elsewhere because the wired controller is having issues as well and I think that it is an issue with the USB ports.

Are you connecting the wired controller to one of the front USB ports on the console?

yes i am it lights up and i can boot it up scroll thru dash sometimes then it goes dead i have to reboot

i have an old xbox jtagged with 1 usb slot on the back which i have 1tb hdd and 2 on front mp3 player works in both ports

edit:  jpizzle hit the nail on the head as usual much thanx to u again i have new rol board on its way knowing a guy down the road with a spare one lol

thanx again jpizzle

This may sound like a stupid question, but are you trying to use a PHAT controller with a SLIM or vice versa? they are not interchangeable (MS's way of making extra money), if that is not the problem check the battery pack on the wireless one, I found mine tries to come loose a little and I get the message even with good batteries sometimes.

This may sound like a stupid question, but are you trying to use a PHAT controller with a SLIM or vice versa? they are not interchangeable

They are.

I have a wireless controller here that came with a 4GB Trinity and it works perfectly fine with phat and slim consoles.

They are. I have a wireless controller here that came with a 4GB Trinity and it works perfectly fine with phat and slim consoles.

I thought they weren't, I tried a USB PHAT controller with the SLIM and didn't work, I read up on it and I read they weren't compatible...

thanx guys for all ur help i have had nothing but trouble with my xbox lol it is a really old one that i got jtagged couple years ago it has been reballed and reflowed and now the rf board has gone and also i think i need new gpu lol so this is very expensive xbox lol

thanx again to all that helped and thankyou again JPIZZLE you r the man lol

turns out that there was nothing wrong with RF board now my xbox only boots up 1 in 15 attempts and has started making a clunking noise and by research i found out that it could possibly be my southbridge which apparantly talks to my controllers cos i got same issue with both wired and wireless. so now i'm praying a reball will fix it any other suggestions would be appreciated

had my southbridge replaced then it worked for couple of days. have now got e74 error lol which i only had fixed about 2 months ago. i had enough of keep repairing it and got rgh1 falcon. so i need to get rid of my jtag falcon