RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Neo Te Aika

NTSC Xbox (1) games run at 50Hz, regardless of PAL60 settings on RGH. Is it possible to convert my PAL system to NTSC to fix this?

Hi there! I've happily had my Slim set up and JTAG/RGH'ed for about five or six years now, but I've found frustratingly that Xbox 1 games will always run at 50Hz if they're NTSC. Some games don't have an issue but this mainly affects Halo CE, which I need to get running at 60Hz to prevent desyncs when I host LAN matches with some buddies. The Xbox 1 I have is also a PAL system, but I've successfully just set it to always run at NTSC video when possbile since TSOP flashing it, and I wish to do the same with the 360. It is region free, but it can be annoying when it runs 50Hz even on a PAL60 setting, and on both a composite and HDMI display that both support NTSC/60Hz.

Is there a way I can force or switch the JTAG's software region? Would this require reinstalling a different region of the same dashboard, similar to changing regions on a Wii? I'm currently just running the stock standard (although I boot into Aurora) 360's ugly Metro dashboard, I don't plan on devkitting my retail unit any time.

Cheers to anyone reading.

6 hours ago, Neo Te Aika said:

Hi there! I've happily had my Slim set up and JTAG/RGH'ed for about five or six years now, but I've found frustratingly that Xbox 1 games will always run at 50Hz if they're NTSC. Some games don't have an issue but this mainly affects Halo CE, which I need to get running at 60Hz to prevent desyncs when I host LAN matches with some buddies. The Xbox 1 I have is also a PAL system, but I've successfully just set it to always run at NTSC video when possbile since TSOP flashing it, and I wish to do the same with the 360. It is region free, but it can be annoying when it runs 50Hz even on a PAL60 setting, and on both a composite and HDMI display that both support NTSC/60Hz.

Is there a way I can force or switch the JTAG's software region? Would this require reinstalling a different region of the same dashboard, similar to changing regions on a Wii? I'm currently just running the stock standard (although I boot into Aurora) 360's ugly Metro dashboard, I don't plan on devkitting my retail unit any time.

Cheers to anyone reading.

If u look into dashlaunch settings, you can spoof the region ..

Just dont know if it will work for OG xbox games..

But changing your region can be done in jrunner or xebuildgui..

I had a problem with not being able to run NTSC Halo CE (neutral host edition) on my PAL 360 even with the hacked emulator. If I remember correctly it complained that the screen didn't support 50 Hz even though the game was NTSC.

I got it working by changing the region in J-Runner and creating a new flash. Changing region in dashlaunch didn't work for me.

Alright cool, 'll look into both of those programs, as well as the Dashlaunch settings. Cheers!

EDIT: Yep, I used XeBuild to both update to the latest dash and run the region swap. Runs exactly how I wanted it to, thanks you two!

Edited by Neo Te Aika