RealModScene
BaconGaming52

Dvd on tray after shutting down

My xbox chip was broken and i brought it to my seller and asked him to fix it. Then, he also told me to take the cd off the tray before shutting down next time or there will be a problem. What is the problem and what is the cause?

• Like 3

My xbox chip was broken and i brought it to my seller and asked him to fix it. Then, he also told me to take the cd off the tray before shutting down next time or there will be a problem. What is the problem and what is the cause?

There's nothing in the DVD that would cause any issues with the glitch chip, however, you could eject the drive whenever it's not working, remove whatever is inside and restart, see if that makes a difference... i honestly can't think of anything that'd change with or without a DVD in the drive...

I remember in the past (early Xbox 360 times) it was previously recommended, to take your DVD off your DVD Drive before you shutdown the 360, to protect the 360 DVD drive (if you move your Xbox 360) from damage.

• Like 1

I remember in the past (early Xbox 360 times) it was previously recommended, to take your DVD off your DVD Drive before you shutdown the 360, to protect the 360 DVD drive (if you move your Xbox 360) from damage.

That would simply be to protect the dvd drive from getting the DVD stuck inside and/or damaging the DVD/laser if it's still spinning

Sent from my SM-G903F

Is there anything u recommend to do with the dvd to avoid problems?

Idk of i misheard him but i think he said something about the dvd scanner (or something like that) that has a problem

P.S

I moved the xbox to another room with dvd inside before it starts to shut down by itself after trying to boot (which apparently didn't boot after waiting for a long time)

And he said something about loading into the dvd instead of the hdd

There's nothing in the DVD that would cause any issues with the glitch chip, however, you could eject the drive whenever it's not working, remove whatever is inside and restart, see if that makes a difference... i honestly can't think of anything that'd change with or without a DVD in the drive...

He didn't say it caused a problem to the chip but a problem with the dvd scanner or laser or idk

And there is nothing wrong when playing with dvd or ejecting the dvd drive

Why can it be damaged

Because the DVD inside can move around and hit the laser which is extremely fragile... it's very easy to break the laser if you hit it the wrong way, and also like i mentioned the DVD may jump around and get stuck in a position where it won't allow you to open the tray resulting in the mechanical parts breaking (not immediately but, it's a highly possible thing)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Because the DVD inside can move around and hit the laser which is extremely fragile... it's very easy to break the laser if you hit it the wrong way, and also like i mentioned the DVD may jump around and get stuck in a position where it won't allow you to open the tray resulting in the mechanical parts breaking (not immediately but, it's a highly possible thing)

Sent from my SM-G903F

That's what i thought :D