RealModScene
dogmaticas

Problems with external USB hard drives after moving to Aurora?

Hi Guys,

I have 2 USB HDD connected to my Xbox 360 and until i was using FSD i could disconnect them from Xbox, connect to Windows PC add some games in them, connect back to Xbox. Everything was fine.

This weekend i decided to move to Aurora. Everything was fine, i really enjoyed how Aurora is working. Today i decided to add some new games and plugged one of the drives in to Windows PC, but PC cant recognize my USB HDD anymore. I tried another one and i have same situation. I have attached prtscr from windows disk manager.

So, my question is, could change from FSD to Aurora cause this situation?

Is there a way to fix my external HDD, so it could be recognizable on Windows again?

Interesting, that one of the drives has 700GB of free space, another 160GB, but Windows disk manager shows same view for both of the drives

post-79459-0-19713800-1476131887_thumb.png

• Like 4

It's definietly a bad hdd or something, neither Aurora nor FSD directly access the hdd, all of that is done by the 360 Kernel... and, that looks really messed up as it should show 2 blocks of unallocated, not 3 like that... but... should even be a single one normally...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks for comments Guys, but i think it's not HDD problem, since it happened on both USB drives at same time.
Also Xbox recognize both drives and i can see and play games from both of them.
On weekend i also changed some settings in Dashlaunch (changed temperature settings) could that cause the problem?
Is there any way to fix this without loosing data?

Are you sure the drive in your screenshot is the external hdd and not something else attached to your pc?

Can you take a screenshot showing all drives in that view?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Very strange, i would like to view the mbr of that disk...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Any hex editor capable of raw disk access such as HxD

Sent from my SM-G903F

I'll try to take a look when i come home from work, kinda difficult to look at the details of this on my phone while at work :)

Sent from my SM-G903F

As far as I remember, i have always made "safely remove and eject" on Windows and always ejected drives from Xbox when it's turned off.

If this would be one of the drives i could say that i forgot to do this :) but we are talking about two drives and problem came up on both of them at same time

That's a problem with the "Windows 10 anniversary update".

Its happen to me too and I done everything.. just rollback to win10 version 1511,  win7 or use linux.

As far as I know there not much to do with that issue. only if microsoft fix that.

• Like 1

Is this Windows 10 then?  (If so, is it build 1607 x64, by chance?)

yep 1607 is the last version and the bug is still there

That's a problem with the "Windows 10 anniversary update".

Its happen to me too and I done everything.. just rollback to win10 version 1511,  win7 or use linux.

As far as I know there not much to do with that issue. only if microsoft fix that.

Damnnn you are so right! i rolled back Windows in one of my PC and Xbox drives are recognizable again! Sometimes Windows can suck so bad. 

Thanks for the help guys, i'm really happy that we wound solution for this!

• Like 1