RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Atifkazia

Anything?

Hey guys :),

Im having holidays now for a week or so and im bored so much.. Is there anything i can do to help this community?..any one wants to play bo2? Im really bored? Can anybody teach me how to make skins?.. Anything?... Sorry because this is really really offtopic..

Best way to learn skins is to jump in. You need the XDK (you're on your own finding that) to be able to edit/build them, but once you've acquired that you can get started. I would recommend editing a skin you like, as starting from scratch would not be easy at all. You will also need XZP Tool 2 to unpack the skin before editing it.

There are some video tuts around RMS and you can always pull up the help files in xuitool, those are always... helpful. But once you jump in and start looking around the xur's you'll see the task ahead of you. Try starting by changing some images, then move on to changing/adding transitions.

Good luck though, I'm guessing 1 week isn't enough time to finish a skin project, but if you take the time to look at a few skins and try to understand how they make things work, maybe you'll get hooked and want to continue.

Best way to learn skins is to jump in. You need the XDK (you're on your own finding that) to be able to edit/build them, but once you've acquired that you can get started. I would recommend editing a skin you like, as starting from scratch would not be easy at all. You will also need XZP Tool 2 to unpack the skin before editing it.

There are some video tuts around RMS and you can always pull up the help files in xuitool, those are always... helpful. But once you jump in and start looking around the xur's you'll see the task ahead of you. Try starting by changing some images, then move on to changing/adding transitions.

Good luck though, I'm guessing 1 week isn't enough time to finish a skin project, but if you take the time to look at a few skins and try to understand how they make things work, maybe you'll get hooked and want to continue.

a week is WAY more than enough time, if you take the time.. hahah.. ALOT is trial and error.. and the ability to not get pissed off at making mistakes, or completely breaking something.. hahahha which i dont have..

• Like 1

First thing is it too hard or complicated for someone who knows nothing about this stuff?

If no then move on,

Another question,while installig the xdk it said something about visual studio? Is it required required for editing skins?

I have got the xdk and the xzp tool.. I have extracted the base skin of aurora.. I see many files.. I opened the loading menu.. But i see nothing there i zoomed out zoomed in nothing but nothing is there its just plain white.. 1-how to get the screens to show?

2-for example,in the basic skin of aurora the loading screen is in green(aurora logo)..i have changed the colour green to orange using paint or some other software... I have edited the basic logo nothing else no size remake or anything (its 1280x720 MAYBE?)...how can i use my edited logo instead of the stock one? How to replace those files?

First thing is it too hard or complicated for someone who knows nothing about this stuff?

If no then move on,

Another question,while installig the xdk it said something about visual studio? Is it required required for editing skins?

I have got the xdk and the xzp tool.. I have extracted the base skin of aurora.. I see many files.. I opened the loading menu.. But i see nothing there i zoomed out zoomed in nothing but nothing is there its just plain white.. 1-how to get the screens to show?

2-for example,in the basic skin of aurora the loading screen is in green(aurora logo)..i have changed the colour green to orange using paint or some other software... I have edited the basic logo nothing else no size remake or anything (its 1280x720 MAYBE?)...how can i use my edited logo instead of the stock one? How to replace those files?

Visual Studio is only required to install it as it's really made for Game development, which means programming... (which is what Visual Studio is for)

If no then move on,

Might be too hard, never know till you try it. That's why I said 1 week might not be enough. 

Are you sure you extracted it, or are you just loading it from inside the xzp program. I never had any luck with the images showing unless I extracted it all to a working folder... even then, I had issues with the extraction button on top. extracting only worked for me if I did a "select all" and then right clicked and selected "extract to". Once I did that I had no issues with backgrounds, images, etc. But I'm no good with Windows, lmao.

As far as the logo goes... you're probably not drilling down far enough. If you did, you would be able to actually click on the logo and the info on the right side of xuitool will populate and tell you the path of the image, e.g. Images\Aurora.Skin.Scenes.Settings.About.Aurora.Logo.png Just follow the arrows down to xuicanvas/splashscreen/logo... and it's actually a 900x235 image for logo, 1280x720 is the full screen size.

Make sure to watch felida's videos, it can help with understanding some of the basic controls in xuitool.

[Tutorial] Changing the Loading Screen    

[Tutorial] Skin Tutorial    

[Tutorial] WHY there are ALOT of frames in the skins    

• Like 1

thanks quattro for the help and felida for your tutorial....now i know i have to change the logo in every frame? is it right?.....now i can see screens and i changed the aurora logo... now how to create new xzp file? so i can check in my xbox ...how to copy my edited files to the existing skin...and create one skin.xzp file?

edit: NVM,i figured out how to create new xzp file...but what i edited in my custom skin doesnt show up in xbox why?...

thanks quattro for the help and felida for your tutorial....now i know i have to change the logo in every frame? is it right?.....now i can see screens and i changed the aurora logo... now how to create new xzp file? so i can check in my xbox ...how to copy my edited files to the existing skin...and create one skin.xzp file?

Every frame, and at least the start and end of each transition.

To create a new xzp, just make sure you name your folder whatever you want the file called, then open xzptool, select build and point it at your folder. You may also want to use the skinmetagenerator to modify some info, but not necessary.

Not sure what edited files you are talking about. I just modify the files I extracted. Then go to File->Export Binary, and overwrite the originals

I have edited the aurora_loading file ... I have changed the aurora logo.... Repleaced/copied binaries as shown in felida video(changing loading screen tutorial)....then built the .xzp file.. Then copied it over to my xbox.. Loaded the skin.. Restarted aurora..the loading is screen is just plain white.. No logo nothing..what to do?... And also i have to tell you that when i open the aurora_loading screen it opens fine(unlike before it was giving me an error)and it also opens with my logo.. Then why doesnot it show in the xbox?

I have edited the aurora_loading file ... I have changed the aurora logo.... Repleaced/copied binaries as shown in felida video(changing loading screen tutorial)....then built the .xzp file.. Then copied it over to my xbox.. Loaded the skin.. Restarted aurora..the loading is screen is just plain white.. No logo nothing..what to do?... And also i have to tell you that when i open the aurora_loading screen it opens fine(unlike before it was giving me an error)and it also opens with my logo.. Then why doesnot it show in the xbox?

PM me the file, I'll take a look. Don't know what you did, but it sounds like you missed something.

Edit: fixed, he was pointing to his image on his computer, not inside the working folder.

• Like 2

You may also want to use the skinmetagenerator to modify some info, but not necessary.

actually would be necessary lol.. to tell yours apart from the rest, otherwise there would be a list of "Default" skins and you wouldn't know which you were working on haha.. always good to add test to the end of the name "default-test" or something similar, until release is ready..

• Like 1

Yeah thats a problem felida...it shows all as default aurora skin... But another problem while starting up aurora (in aurora loading) i have my custom aurora logo which it shows and the rest of the part is dark grey colour why?how to fix this? And When i start aurora_loading there are 4 frames.right?.. In first everything(the remaining part outside the logo like a fat border type thing)is white and in second one there is dark gey(so there is my logo in the middle and dark grey color around it... And i want it to be white how do i this?)and whats the use of the colour triangle thing in top right?.. Can i replace the whole 1280x720 screen instead of just replacing the logo?

Yeah thats a problem felida...it shows all as default aurora skin... But another problem while starting up aurora (in aurora loading) i have my custom aurora logo which it shows and the rest of the part is dark grey colour why?how to fix this? And When i start aurora_loading there are 4 frames.right?.. In first everything(the remaining part outside the logo like a fat border type thing)is white and in second one there is dark gey(so there is my logo in the middle and dark grey color around it... And i want it to be white how do i this?)and whats the use of the colour triangle thing in top right?.. Can i replace the whole 1280x720 screen instead of just replacing the logo?

there are techically 4 frames.. BUUUUUUUT, here is the part you are missing, the green and red lables up there that say light/endlight and dark/enddark

the light portion is for the normal loading screen, the dark part is for when the option to use alternate loading screen is ticked in aurora settings..

you can spread out the frames respectfully enough to show animations and stuff like that.. but make sure you check to see which you are changing, which settings you have set to use in aurora, or change BOTH light and dark sections to be the same.. which would make the alternate screen option pointless because is the same either way xD

EDIT: now.. as far as you asking questions about certain things.. if you have windows 7 or 10, search for a program called "snipping tool" (this is built into windows) and take a screen capture of what you are trying to explain, there are LOADS of options EVERYWHERE lolz.. cant really be expected to know what you mean without any pictures mate

• Like 1