RealModScene
jkiper

Xbox 360: Weird Power on issue

Hi! Im facing this weird issue... (xbox 360 rgh corona 4gb) ... After powering off the console, I've to unplug all (the power supply,xbox etc) for a few minutes and the plug all again before power it on again.... probably is a deffective power supply? I've recently have to repair the xbox and change the original power supply because it was broken (also broke the xbox voltage regulators), and I just manage to get  a replacement, not original ... I pressume its the power supply who is causing this weird behavior....

thanks!!!

Hi! Im facing this weird issue... (xbox 360 rgh corona 4gb) ... After powering off the console, I've to unplug all (the power supply,xbox etc) for a few minutes and the plug all again before power it on again.... probably is a deffective power supply? I've recently have to repair the xbox and change the original power supply because it was broken (also broke the xbox voltage regulators), and I just manage to get  a replacement, not original ... I pressume its the power supply who is causing this weird behavior....

thanks!!!

haha.. this is a minor issue.. turn off "background downloads" in the settings.. also, play-and-charge kits cause this issue also..

lol!!! where's that?? Maybe I didnt realize it starts to happen after upgrading dash and kernel...... lol!!

in the main system settings.. haha.. you press the "guide" button, go to system settings, (then)console..

Yeap... it was disabled....

then it might be a faulty power supply.. lol.. was just giving the #1 reason RGH's still stay on after power off.. #2 of course being either power supply/faulty install

what do you mean with faulty install? 

the wires of the CR/Demon touching other stuff.. that isn't supposed to be used/bridged/ect. people do be having some solder everywhere.. haha

I didn't touch it... I took it to the guys who made the RGH three years ago to repair it....Well... will try to get an original power supply from microsoft and/or take the console to the guys who repair it.....

I didn't touch it... I took it to the guys who made the RGH three years ago to repair it....Well... will try to get an original power supply from microsoft and/or take the console to the guys who repair it.....

well im not saying you did/didnt.. these are just reasons.. lol.. 

BUT, you are very vague with your statement.. what exactly do you mean? like once you power it off it still stays on? doesn't come back on? have you checked the thin strip that runs the power button?? 

more info to your question would be nice..

Sorry... It does power off... (even some times the joystick button light remains on) but then It doesn't turn on... Just the beep when you press  the power button of the console... and the led from the external usb hdd goes on and off really fast....

Sorry... It does power off... (even some times the joystick button light remains on) but then It doesn't turn on... Just the beep when you press  the power button of the console... and the led from the external usb hdd goes on and off really fast....

try disconnecting the USB device.. those can cause the "power cycle" issue.. meaning the fans still run, green center light stays on(or blinks from time to time).. you can try double pressing the power button.. this cuts it off completely.. but this issue is usually caused by a USB device.. even on "stock" consoles..

When it happens no matter what I do... the only things that bring it back "alive" is to keep the power supply unplugged a few minutes......

When it happens no matter what I do... the only things that bring it back "alive" is to keep the power supply unplugged a few minutes......

ok, i mean, when it's powered on, press the power button 2 times fast.. it will force a power off.. and should directly power off..

not when it's in the "cycle"

mnop nothing... just have to unplug it for a few minutes

ok, so you remove the power from the power supply, or just the XB.. lolz.. 

Edit: this is a legitimate question.. as one, you remove power from the XB BUT your PS is still powered.. the other, both the XB and PS are not powered..

Sounds to me like a faulty chip, when your PSU broke it may also have damaged the RGH chip

It is something with your CPU_RST cable, i had the same problem and i moved the cable a little and it didn't do it anymore :)

More likely to be a faulty/damaged chip in this case tbh

Sounds to me like a faulty chip, when your PSU broke it may also have damaged the RGH chip

Yes, and he mentioned something about voltage regulators on the xbox itself so it might be related to the mosfets. One thing that caught my attention was that he has to let it sit fully unplugged to get it to re-POST, possibly a bad  capacitor or two not discharging correctly?