RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Blaak

LiNK issues..

I did this and nothing happened.. I then followed the steps from MS and it made UPnP pass. But the data/broadcast ports are still unreachable and I am still unable to play LiNK..

you need to just hook directly up to the modem or router to test.. just saying.. lolz

Check your IP in Aurora or go into NXE and set static ip manually.. then open ports for that IP and run the test, if you made UPnP pass probably you just have to open ports for the right IP

Check your IP in Aurora or go into NXE and set static ip manually.. then open ports for that IP and run the test, if you made UPnP pass probably you just have to open ports for the right IP

You do realize that UPNP manages ports automatically right?

• Like 1

Would buying a set of home plugs not be a worthwhile investment, I have a good set that cost £30 (on offer at the time I purchased them)

plug one in and the router plug into that socket, run a small ethernet cable to it, plug the other one at your xbox side, plug the xbox into that and run another small ethernet cable, bish bash bosh job done

Would buying a set of home plugs not be a worthwhile investment, I have a good set that cost £30 (on offer at the time I purchased them)

plug one in and the router plug into that socket, run a small ethernet cable to it, plug the other one at your xbox side, plug the xbox into that and run another small ethernet cable, bish bash bosh job done

It's a great solution, however it's also quite common that these have a limited bandwidth making them more stable then wifi but much slower

I wouldn't recommend it, but don't let that stop you. I have a pair hanging around somewhere too, never use them cause they're to sensitive to power spikes etc.

and yeah, like Swizzy says, bandwidth. You never get what they advertise, lolz.

• Like 1

until someone cuts on the microwave, or vacuum lol.. those would BEST be used on dedicated circuits.. as nothing would interfere 

• Like 1

I have a pair and I rate them, much better than the bandwidth I lost via an old WiFi dongle I had, there's two floors separating my router and pc and I only lose about 10 percent of my download speed (16meg a second to around 14)

Just offering an alternate solution for the guy, hardwired is the best solution and a line won't degrade till its over a certain length of cable (100ft I think)

I have a pair and I rate them, much better than the bandwidth I lost via an old WiFi dongle I had, there's two floors separating my router and pc and I only lose about 10 percent of my download speed (16meg a second to around 14)

Just offering an alternate solution for the guy, hardwired is the best solution and a line won't degrade till its over a certain length of cable (100ft I think)

it isn't that something is wrong with it.. lol.. it's just that "MOST" people do prove Darwin right.. haha.. but i agree.. nothing beats line..