RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jackhulk

512MB vs 256MB Jasper advantages (if any?) & how to identify my model?

Hello

I read in the sell section Swizzy mentioned the 512MB JTAG Jasper being quite rare. I've had mine for so long now that I can't recall if it's 256MB or 512MB (I know it's not 16MB), so how do I go about checking please? This post mentions checking NANDPRO Flashconfig, but having not done the JTAG myself I am not familiar with this, so wary of using it.

In the same post Swizzy mentions to simply check memory unit size, but mine is unformatted so no size is given. I'm sure this has to remain unformatted as it could mess up the JTAG if formatted (correct?). As such how can I easily identify my Jasper model please?

Lastly other than the obvious size increase, what are the actual noticeable benefits (if any) of 512MB vs 256MB please?

Thank you

what are the actual noticeable benefits (if any) of 512MB vs 256MB please?

lolz.. as far as RGH/Jtag goes.. it's not really needed.. there was once upon a time where they were gonna do some RGL features with it.. but that fizzled out.. 

Hello

I read in the sell section Swizzy mentioned the 512MB JTAG Jasper being quite rare. I've had mine for so long now that I can't recall if it's 256MB or 512MB (I know it's not 16MB), so how do I go about checking please? This post mentions checking NANDPRO Flashconfig, but having not done the JTAG myself I am not familiar with this, so wary of using it.

In the same post Swizzy mentions to simply check memory unit size, but mine is unformatted so no size is given. I'm sure this has to remain unformatted as it could mess up the JTAG if formatted (correct?). As such how can I easily identify my Jasper model please?

Lastly other than the obvious size increase, what are the actual noticeable benefits (if any) of 512MB vs 256MB please?

Thank you

It doesn't really matter if you have a 256 or 512MB Jasper, they're both made with the same NAND dump... use JasperBB if not sure, or 256/512, they're all 3 effectively going to be the same

Thanks guys, but is it still possible for me to identify exactly what I have please? If I ever sell my 360, it will be good to know exactly what I have.

Thanks guys, but is it still possible for me to identify exactly what I have please? If I ever sell my 360, it will be good to know exactly what I have.

You can check the information given by Simple 360 NAND Flasher, it'll tell you the Flash Config, which is what you check with NANDPro, it'll be slightly different, but the important bits stay the same ;)

Sorry for being dim, but can you perhaps explain a little further please? What info am I looking for within Simple 360 NAND Flasher please? And if Simply 360 NAND Flasher has that info, is there any other apps I can use with that info to identify my model? I'm unable to run NANDPro as it needs DlPortIO.dll, which I can't install as port95nt.exe reports it's not compatible with 64-bit version windows.

Surely shouldn't be this difficult?! I did actually identify my model when I first got it and it was a LOT easier than this. I believe I identified via serial (or maybe batch number) against some online database, but just can't for the life of me remember now.

Sorry for being dim, but can you perhaps explain a little further please? What info am I looking for within Simple 360 NAND Flasher please? And if Simply 360 NAND Flasher has that info, is there any other apps I can use with that info to identify my model? I'm unable to run NANDPro as it needs DlPortIO.dll, which I can't install as port95nt.exe reports it's not compatible with 64-bit version windows.

Surely shouldn't be this difficult?! I did actually identify my model when I first got it and it was a LOT easier than this. I believe I identified via serial (or maybe batch number) against some online database, but just can't for the life of me remember now.

If you download xeBuild GUI it have DlPortIO.dll already without installing port95nt.exe, and it'll work in both x86 and x64 (just not with LPT in x64 i think)

You're looking at the FlashConfig just like with NANDPro, you might be able to identify model based on LOT# or Serial#, but you can't get a 100% accurate answer on that really, with NANDPro/Simple 360 NAND Flasher you get the flashconfig which is guaranteed to be accurate as long as the hardware config is ok (which it is if your console boots in the first place)