RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vicicarus

Aurora asset editor background asset not recognized

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I finaly switched over to Aurora becasuse FSD3 can't handle my game library. I was able to get game covers for all my games but no backgrounds nor game discriptions. I looked at the "how to" for "Aurora asset editor". I am able to switch to custom game covers, but when I try to drag and drop a game background I get and unreconized error in Aurora asset editor. I know I am selecting the correct file "BKTitleID" but I think I get the error because the file its blank. I didn't get the error when I drag and drop the cover file "GCTitleID" as it has a image in it. I am suppose to follow the method that is used to edit the game cover, am I right? I haven't found were to add the game discription yet either.

GCTitleID <--- Contains the Cover
GLTitleID <--- Contains the Icon & Banner
BKTitleID <--- Contains the Background
SSTitleID <--- Contains screenshots

To add a background you just drag 'n' drop the image you want in the corresponding tab, then you save... you don't have to load an existing file to create one, however if you want to add stuff to already existing assets (mainly when it comes to icon/banner or screenshots) you have to load the existing one...

Thank you for the reply,

But I still rename it to the corresponding title file,yes?

Yes, the file needs to have the correct name in order to work, other then that, it's exactly the same...

Thank you so muchj swizzy for your help,

I will try it again and add to my game data. Were can I edit the game info/discription?

I will try it again and add to my game data. Were can I edit the game info/discription?

That is in the database, i haven't finished my Database manager yet...

You can add/change them manually if you get a sqlite db editor.  I use sqlitebrowser . The db is in Aurora/Data/Databases/content.db

I have added all the missing xbox classic descriptions and cleaned up arcade/360 descriptions on my 360.

Just make sure you don't do anything to the database before backing it up first, that way you can get back to where you were if you do something wrong.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the posting location,

Is using sqlitebrowser a straight forward process, or would I need knowledge on reading/writing script? I'm a little techie, but not knowledge in programming.

Is using sqlitebrowser a straight forward process, or would I need knowledge on reading/writing script? I'm a little techie, but not knowledge in programming.

SQLite browser lets you edit the database fields like it was a text editor :)

Yeah, pretty straight forward. Like I said though, copy the db to a safe location before doing any edits. Only you can prevent... well, just be smart ;)

sqlitebrowserAurora.jpg?raw=1