RealModScene
jackhulk

Xbox Live aside, any good reason to keep full padded ISO's instead of GOD?

Hello

I'm looking at ways to cut down amount of space my 360 games take up. Currently I keep full ISO on PC and their equivalent GOD (full padding removed) format on 360 internal HDD. As I don't go on Live, I'm thinking of getting rid of my ISO's and just keeping GOD format. Apart from Live aspect and baring in mind some games don't work with full padding removed, with those few exceptions, is there any other reason to keep full size ISO's please?

I like the idea of keeping just GOD's as this will save a hell of a lot of space, but want to be sure I haven't missed something before I go getting rid of my ISO's.

Thank you

• Like 1

Hello

I'm looking at ways to cut down amount of space my 360 games take up. Currently I keep full ISO on PC and their equivalent GOD (full padding removed) format on 360 internal HDD. As I don't go on Live, I'm thinking of getting rid of my ISO's and just keeping GOD format. Apart from Live aspect and baring in mind some games don't work with full padding removed, with those few exceptions, is there any other reason to keep full size ISO's please?

I like the idea of keeping just GOD's as this will save a hell of a lot of space, but want to be sure I haven't missed something before I go getting rid of my ISO's.

Thank you

well the "GOD" converted format isn't exactly safe anyway.. it's just a container.. the "GoD" formats on Live have different media ID's altogether..

you don't need a padded version on RGH's.. except those few exceptions.. 

2 games to give info about, H.A.W.X has to be in GoD, as there is a file that exceeds the name limits,

Deadpool doesn't like GoD format..

Hi felida. As mentioned, Xbox Live is to be taken completely out of the equation because I never go on live anyway, so apart from the odd games that do not work well with GOD, is there any other reason in keeping ISO? I understand that padded versions are not require as I've always removed padded where possible, so the purpose here is to understand the con's if any (apart from live) of getting rid of my ISO's and just keep games in GOD format. 

With a GOD I could still...

1. Convert back to ISO for burning.

2. Extract that ISO for whatever reason (modding xex - trainer/hack etc).

The only thing I can think of that would no longer be possible, would be to create an ISO again to pass ABGX, which is fine as no intention of going on Live. Live for Xbox 360 won't be around much longer anyway, so unless I'm missing something, there will soon be no need for Live safe backups, and therefore might as well get rid ISO's, use GOD and save loads of space.

Not having the iso's unless you have the original discs means you don't have a backup if your hdd hits the fan & you will loose all those games.Go buy an external place the iso's on it,if you can afford it get two unless you can afford to loose those games.You should also think about creating system backup images of your operating system & installed programs,you'll know why i mention this when it happens

Hi felida. As mentioned, Xbox Live is to be taken completely out of the equation because I never go on live anyway, so apart from the odd games that do not work well with GOD, is there any other reason in keeping ISO? I understand that padded versions are not require as I've always removed padded where possible, so the purpose here is to understand the con's if any (apart from live) of getting rid of my ISO's and just keep games in GOD format. 

With a GOD I could still...

1. Convert back to ISO for burning.

2. Extract that ISO for whatever reason (modding xex - trainer/hack etc).

The only thing I can think of that would no longer be possible, would be to create an ISO again to pass ABGX, which is fine as no intention of going on Live. Live for Xbox 360 won't be around much longer anyway, so unless I'm missing something, there will soon be no need for Live safe backups, and therefore might as well get rid ISO's, use GOD and save loads of space.

you can discard the iso's at will man.. but think of it like this.. at some point.. HDD's DO fail.. and then if you don't have a backup, disc/iso/external hdd.. then you lose everything and whatnot.. that being said, you can convert god's back to iso, make extracted games iso's.. and stuff like that.. 360mpgui/god2iso has these features.. so no, no need to keep em if you dont want to..

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on this. I hear ya with regards to backing up in case of failed hard drives, and this is what I've done with ISO's until now. ISO's backup on PC and then of course GOD's on 360, but now I think I will simply keep GOD's as backup on PC instead of keeping ISO, and this will save a lot of space. I'm basically trying not to expand number of drives within in PC as all too easy to fill them with junk, so getting rid of my ISO's will give me some much needed space.