RealModScene
b3nz

XBOX > PC monitor with external speakers.

sup. I know this was asked many many times before, but my situation is a little bit different.

First of all, AFAIK all the HDMI cables are the same, right?. If so (as my monitor doesn't have an HDMI input), would it work out using a HDMI-DVI cable?:

HDDVIMM2M_500x500.jpg

And how do I make the sounds come from my 2.1 external speakers? What kind of adapter(s) do I need?

Oh, and the most important question.. Is there any difference than playing, LET'S SAY, on totally the same specifications TV and totally the same monitor? I mean is there any delay or something playing on a PC monitor? My monitor is better than my TV, but I've never seen a review of XBOX connected to a monitor.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Well, HDMI is a standard, they're always going to be the same, however, there are different versions of the standard, so higher versions have more features... however, it doesn't really matter when it comes to the Xbox 360... (i assume this is what you're looking to use?)

Depending on your model you can either use a Optical Audio adapter (phat/slim, not Slim E) to get the audio out separately or the Optical Audio port (Slim/Slim E) for that...

There's probably also a adapter you can buy that's in the middle that give you the option to hook up a speaker to that... Some modern PC Monitors may also have a Audio Out port, check if that's the case (probably not since you don't have HDMI on yours)

Yup, my monitor doesn't have audio out port, so from what I have read, I'll have to use 2xRCA to 3.5mm jack adapter like in this picture below:

31snyb-OFLL.jpg

White and red cables comes from the XBOX A/V cable and the black one is for external speakers/headphones if I'm not mistaken.

If I'm right, I guess we can L&A this.

Thanks, Swizzy!

Basically yes, you can do that... if your cable fits in the A/V port while you're using HDMI :p (most of the original cables don't fit with both in at the same time, to solve that you just take off the cover from the cable and plug it in without the bottom half of it...)

What do you mean with "If I'm right, I guess we can L&A this." ?

Lock and Archive ???

Makes sense, thanks :)

But, i don't really lock threads unless they're not meant for discussions

Basically yes, you can do that... if your cable fits in the A/V port while you're using HDMI :p (most of the original cables don't fit with both in at the same time, to solve that you just take off the cover from the cable and plug it in without the bottom half of it...)

What do you mean with "If I'm right, I guess we can L&A this." ?

I didn't know that :clap:. I was watching a video about this method and I didn't understand why did the creator took out the cover. Thanks man! But it is really safe to have the A/V cable plugged in without both top and bottom cover?

You can get a slimmed down version of the adapter for the rear of the xpox that allows using both the slim adapter & an hdmi cable,yes it works as i have one

http://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/xbox-360/accessories/cables-leads/auction-931112021.htm

Thanks for the idea, but I guess I'll just take out the cover, because the problem is that there's no such things to buy in Lithuania, I guess. Shipping would take some days.

I didn't know that :clap:. I was watching a video about this method and I didn't understand why did the creator took out the cover. Thanks man! But it is really safe to have the A/V cable plugged in without both top and bottom cover?

Thanks for the idea, but I guess I'll just take out the cover, because the problem is that there's no such things to buy in Lithuania, I guess. Shipping would take some days.

It's safe as long as you don't touch the exposed casing while your console is hooked up to the wall and running... you may get a small electrical shock if you touch it while the cover is off...

It's safe as long as you don't touch the exposed casing while your console is hooked up to the wall and running... you may get a small electrical shock if you touch it while the cover is off...

I guess this is where electrical tape comes useful? Or even a normal tape would do the job?

I guess this is where electrical tape comes useful? Or even a normal tape would do the job?

Electrical tape would help, normal office tape is useless in this case ;)