RealModScene
cmshp

Newly acquired jtag with aurora

Hello, I'm a new member here and new to my jtag as well. It has nothing but aurora installed on it and some homebrew like xm360, dashlaunch etc. etc. My question is will I be able to use my regular game discs and play like a normal system? Or do I need to do something to get the game onto aurora first? Sorry if it sounds silly, I'm still learning the ropes...

• Like 2

Jtag's are for fat consoles only & will not take time to boot,rgh for everything else

Dude you won't be needing game discs..lol..well apart from installing,after that the discs are not required you play direct from hdd.It also means your now not limited in hdd space you can use 2tb hdd for usb or mounted in side case xbox hdd case.

There's too much too list so get reading,however some tools you may need all free most are for pc use

filezilla

360 content manager

iso2god

nxe2god

lefluffie ap

horizon

parrtybuffalo

modio

xbox avatar viewer

xm360 is for unlocking xbla & dlc

someone else can explain dashlaunch,i've never bothered to read the readme of it assuming there is one,however it's great for setting up auto fan control,set the target temps & forget it.Plus other stuff

360 Tutorials section here at ems

couple of other handy sites,for more info

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/

http://www.xyzmods.com/

• Like 1

What scorpnZ said, Expect to do a LOT of reading on how much cool stuff you can do with you JTAG, there's a bunch of neat stuff that you can now do with it. Just take some time and read the Tutorials section on stuff from Aurora, Homebrew, and Xbox 360 sections here.You'll find a bunch of knowledge.

Just be careful not to update if the console asks for it,there's two types,ones a "system update" the other's a game update,the latter is ok to go ahead with but not the other under any circumstances.If you read through the tuts you'll come across it

Thank you guys! I've done some reading, and played around with the system a bit. Its the shiny slim one from 2010, so not sure what kind of mod it is. The sole reason I bought it from the guy is because he said he left all his DLC for the Mass Effect games on the HDD. I absolutely love that series but never played any of the extra content. I own the three games, which is why I was wondering if the modified xbox is still capable of playing games off the discs.

It has the following installed:

Aurora 0.5b if I'm not mistaken

xexmenu

xm360

DashLaunch

FSD3

After a bit of reading, it seems like my primary needs are as follows. For my old game discs to recognize the installed DLC, they all need title updates. I signed up for xboxunity.net and "pushed" the updates I could find (only 2 and 3 were available, nothing for 1 :(). I turned it on while plugged in booted into aurora, and I saw the message that the downloads started. I'm guessing they got installed where they need to be??

The second complication is multi disc games. Both 2 and 3 are multi disc, and if I can, I'd rather avoid "merging" steps and just play straight off the disc, hoping there won't be any issues......

You can play game discs with a RGH/JTAG system aswell, if you want to continue playing it in "normal" mode, that's fine...

You'll need to install the game to a HDD and scan it in for Aurora to be able to manage your TitleUpdate for you (then start the game with Aurora to activate/copy the TU to the correct folder)

Using Aurora you can start game discs by pressing the Back button and using "Launch DVD" if memory serves me right (might be written slightly differently, but means essentially the same thing)

• Like 1

Thanks swizzy! So ME1 should be no issue if I need to install it to disc. But for 2 and 3, what would be the best way to do that as they're both 2 disc games? Should I just 'copy to disc' in the same location on the HDD and aurora will figure it out?

Thanks swizzy! So ME1 should be no issue if I need to install it to disc. But for 2 and 3, what would be the best way to do that as they're both 2 disc games? Should I just 'copy to disc' in the same location on the HDD and aurora will figure it out?

Place them like this:

Hdd:\Games\Mass Effect #\<Disc 1 content>

Hdd:\Games\Mass Effect #\Disk 2\<Disc 2 content>

Aurora should then automatically switch games for you...

• Like 1

Place them like this:

Hdd:\Games\Mass Effect #\<Disc 1 content>

Hdd:\Games\Mass Effect #\Disk 2\<Disc 2 content>

Aurora should then automatically switch games for you...

Perfect! One last question about title updates in Aurora. Does it pull ONLY from xboxunity.net or are there other sources? I still haven't found the TU for 1 :(

Perfect! One last question about title updates in Aurora. Does it pull ONLY from xboxunity.net or are there other sources? I still haven't found the TU for 1 :(

It's only Xboxunity.net, any other sources would be Xbox Live (not happening any time soon) and/or forums, forums cannot be reliably used... the alternative was xbuc.net which has been down for some time (might be back up again now? dunno!)

Only pulls from unity.Your web browser can tell you if there's any tu available for that game

It's only Xboxunity.net, any other sources would be Xbox Live (not happening any time soon) and/or forums, forums cannot be reliably used... the alternative was xbuc.net which has been down for some time (might be back up again now? dunno!)

Not up yet :( Oh well, I've gotta get playing soon, so I'll live without the DLC for the first game (not much to begin with).

I've been doing more and more reading, and it probably confusing myself even more. Back to the multi disc stuff, while its clear that when installed properly aurora manages it for you. But there's also threads mentioning fatal crashes when the disc switching plugin from FSD or DL is "loaded". How do I get around that trap? Or is it even relevant with the newest release?

Thanks for the patient replies, guys.

i don't think it's relevant for the latest release, you don't use the dashlaunch "diskswapper" plugin, or enable the dashlaunch diskswapping feature (if you use the FSD plugin (which Aurora uses for the multi disc stuff) as these will cause problems for eachother)

Personally i've always been using the diskswapper plugin due to it giving me more control of things, i can have my games wherever i want, in whatever structure i want... i specify manually where each game is located :)

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been able to get around to start playing just yet, day job keeps getting in the way. Things are looking good for the weekend though! Was just reading another TU related thread here, and being ever so optimistic, I'm going to BELIEVE that the the 0 TUs that show up in unity for Mass Effect 1 is an error and there is actually one available ;) (apparently a db error can make unity report an incorrect number). I will post back how things go, ideally a report saying all worked well, very soon.

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been able to get around to start playing just yet, day job keeps getting in the way. Things are looking good for the weekend though! Was just reading another TU related thread here, and being ever so optimistic, I'm going to BELIEVE that the the 0 TUs that show up in unity for Mass Effect 1 is an error and there is actually one available ;) (apparently a db error can make unity report an incorrect number). I will post back how things go, ideally a report saying all worked well, very soon.

If unity says there are no TU's, there are non on the server, the error that was before was that it'd tell you there were more TU's then there was (when it was showing the Overview)

• Like 1