RealModScene
KaleSlayer

Jtag won't boot. Please help.

When I turn on my Jtag it starts up for a completely random amount of time and then eventually it will just crash and turn off. Please help me out if you have any idea on how to fix this issue.

HI Mate,

Was your boot issue anything like this:

when booting up somtetimes it can take up to 10-20min , other times it'll boot up quick then go straight off displaying messages such as 'resolution not supported', or sometimes it'll boot up the screen wil get pixelated- the xbox light stays on.

A few times i'll have it booted up and i'll run a game, then 5min into the game screen will go blank but xbox light stays on.

thanks

HI Mate,

Was your boot issue anything like this:

when booting up somtetimes it can take up to 10-20min , other times it'll boot up quick then go straight off displaying messages such as 'resolution not supported', or sometimes it'll boot up the screen wil get pixelated- the xbox light stays on.

A few times i'll have it booted up and i'll run a game, then 5min into the game screen will go blank but xbox light stays on.

thanks

that sounds more like a hardware problem...

Hi Swizzy,

this is full description of the problem i'm getting , Hope you can shed some more light: i did try posting a new thread but didnt go thro for some reason,

Had Slim RGH xbox over a year no problem. Boot times were very good- booted up within 40secs-60secs.

However last few weeks when booting up somtetimes it can take up to 10-20min , other times it'll boot up quick then go straight off displaying messages such as 'resolution not supported', or sometimes it'll boot up the screen wil get pixelated- the xbox light stays on. (see image for example of pixelated screen-i'll try to upload an actual screenshot over the weekend) 2HtMR.jpg

When this happens i just power it off and on untill it starts working again. when it does work it stays on as if nothings wrong with it!. i've had it on 8hours at a time when working fine.

Normally i use it over the weekends only =- i would say probably 16hours a week. except hoildays when it'll be used all through cocksure.png

My gut feeling is telling me maybe the RGH glitch is wearing off? i hope not as i had it done from someone , don't think he is around anymore.

i also thought maybe it was hdmi cable or port but i tested that by swapping them with my other xbox.
My tv is not the culprit as everything else is fine.

thanks

That's 100% hardware failure, you need to get your XCGPU reballed/replaced as it's on the edge of working...

HI Swizzy,

Thanks for getting back to me. I need to ind someone who can sort it out for me,

I was thinking of maybe opening it up and trying to clean it up?

also if i was to buy a new slim RGH console - can i simply take hard drive out of this one and put it the new one - so that i dont have to redownload all my stuff?

thanks

HI Swizzy,

Thanks for getting back to me. I need to ind someone who can sort it out for me,

I was thinking of maybe opening it up and trying to clean it up?

also if i was to buy a new slim RGH console - can i simply take hard drive out of this one and put it the new one - so that i dont have to redownload all my stuff?

thanks

It's not enough to just clean it up at this point, it might for slightly better but most likely it'll have the same problem still...

Yes, if you buy a new slim RGH you can just transfer your HDD and everything on it will work as it did on your current machine

HI Swizzy,

Just wanted to give an update , just in case someone else has same problem.

yesterday whilst i was FSD 3 i noticed a setting for fan speed. It was set to AUTO and has been since i bought the xbox. So i turned it up to next setting which was 65%, the xbox stayed on for around 20min (cut off during a game - MGS). So next time i booted up i went into FSD fan setting and put it up to 75% after that i ran MGS and was playing all day! :thumbup: . Was constant 6hours at least. Also this time when i went back to dash i checked the temp for GPU (normally i dont even look at it) the temp was around 39-40, and i think before adjustemnt of fan speed it was reaching 59-65 maybe more.

i will see how it goes for a few days and report back. I may even Attempt to open it and clean it as much as i could - failing that then i will have to get it reballed.

You really shouldn't set a static fanspeed setting, you should change the target temperatures instead using xeBuild/xeBuild GUI or Dashlaunch, this is a better method as it will change the speed while not locking it to a specific speed...

hi mate

i'm in dashlaunch, havent got a clue what to change tho!.

any guides? i can tell you that my slim is a corona.

at the moment the settings are :

cpu target temp 82

gpu target temp 76

edram target temp 76

cpu fan speed override 45

what do i need to change?

thanks

hi mate

i'm in dashlaunch, havent got a clue what to change tho!.

any guides? i can tell you that my slim is a corona.

at the moment the settings are :

cpu target temp 82

gpu target temp 76

edram target temp 76

cpu fan speed override 45

what do i need to change?

thanks

This:

cpu target temp 82

gpu target temp 76

edram target temp 76

And change back to Auto in FSD

Hi

what  i meant was what settings do i need to set those to? all this was set by the guy who did my rgh , i dont know much about RGH. I'm still learning.

thanks

My slim runs at (nearly) the same. 82,78,76, works great too. To disable the override just uncheck the box for CPU fan speed override.

Not sure if you ever fixed the problem with your graphics, but i'd probably change the GPU from 76 to 70 (or just play with the setting), just in case.

I had a graphics card go out in the same fashion on an Alienware laptop years ago, so i'm always cautious of overheating the GPU, lolz.

I think the chances are pretty good that your graphics failure is tied to that static fan speed you had.

Hi

what  i meant was what settings do i need to set those to? all this was set by the guy who did my rgh , i dont know much about RGH. I'm still learning.

thanks

Those values seem like the defaults, possibly the fanspeed override isn't... but, i don't remember what Dashlaunch defaults to there...

My slim runs at (nearly) the same. 82,78,76, works great too. To disable the override just uncheck the box for CPU fan speed override.

Not sure if you ever fixed the problem with your graphics, but i'd probably change the GPU from 76 to 70 (or just play with the setting), just in case.

I had a graphics card go out in the same fashion on an Alienware laptop years ago, so i'm always cautious of overheating the GPU, lolz.

I think the chances are pretty good that your graphics failure is tied to that static fan speed you had.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for info.

I don't think the graphics issue is tied to the static fan speed i applied because i only put that setting in this week. The graphic problem occured before this. To be honest with the static fan speed my xbox been running ok - no crashes and turns on straight away. However if Swizzy says that Static fan speed is not right way then i gotta listen to him as he is the man on these boards!.

So far i would say that my graphics/overheating issue is solved but as i dont know much about rgh i probably am going the wrong way about resolving the issues.

i will try changing the values that you mentioned and see what happens.

whats the complications from setting a static fan speed via fsd? (Apart from noise- which i can handle).

thanks

Hi Mate,

Thanks for info.

I don't think the graphics issue is tied to the static fan speed i applied because i only put that setting in this week. The graphic problem occured before this. To be honest with the static fan speed my xbox been running ok - no crashes and turns on straight away. However if Swizzy says that Static fan speed is not right way then i gotta listen to him as he is the man on these boards!.

So far i would say that my graphics/overheating issue is solved but as i dont know much about rgh i probably am going the wrong way about resolving the issues.

i will try changing the values that you mentioned and see what happens.

whats the complications from setting a static fan speed via fsd? (Apart from noise- which i can handle).

thanks

You're probably right if you only set static fans this week.

Static fan speed can be bad if the Xbox runs hotter than the fan can cool. If the GPU/CPU were to heat itself past a safe temp, the fan wouldn't do anything different and it could damage hardware. But I believe the Xbox would shutdown if it reaches an unsafe temp.

When you set target temps, the fan will adjust itself to whatever RPM is necessary (up to 100%) to keep that temp. It's just safer. 

I think what Swizzy it trying to get you to do in FSD, is just enable Auto so that Dashlaunch controls the fan speed.

Having said all that, I would always recommend listening to Swizzy's advice. If someone like me comes along and says something that could put your device in jeopardy, Swizzy (or any number of people) will post to correct us. 

• Like 1

Hi Swizzy,

this is full description of the problem i'm getting , Hope you can shed some more light: i did try posting a new thread but didnt go thro for some reason,

Had Slim RGH xbox over a year no problem. Boot times were very good- booted up within 40secs-60secs.

However last few weeks when booting up somtetimes it can take up to 10-20min , other times it'll boot up quick then go straight off displaying messages such as 'resolution not supported', or sometimes it'll boot up the screen wil get pixelated- the xbox light stays on. (see image for example of pixelated screen-i'll try to upload an actual screenshot over the weekend) 2HtMR.jpg

When this happens i just power it off and on untill it starts working again. when it does work it stays on as if nothings wrong with it!. i've had it on 8hours at a time when working fine.

Normally i use it over the weekends only =- i would say probably 16hours a week. except hoildays when it'll be used all through cocksure.png

My gut feeling is telling me maybe the RGH glitch is wearing off? i hope not as i had it done from someone , don't think he is around anymore.

i also thought maybe it was hdmi cable or port but i tested that by swapping them with my other xbox.

My tv is not the culprit as everything else is fine.

thanks

Hi what games is that? Looks like LoL

Hi what games is that? Looks like LoL

not sure what game it is - i got that image of google just to illustrate what i was on about.

not sure how to insert images of proper screenshot on here