RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
StaticPulse

Xenon RGH2 solder points

Before anyone responds with "You cannot glitch hack a Xenon" please read first.

This is not to glitch hack a Xenon for  custom firmware hacking.

This is so that I can retrieve the DVD Key from the NAND so that I can reflash a replacement drive. Now I would search the Xecuter forum but they're apparantly moving to a new server so I'm dead in the water for now.

I've done phats before as well as slims.

I'm looking for what would be the DB1F1 solder point which if memory serves me would be the CPU_RST right?

Or do I need to do this from the STBY_CLK point?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to fix two Xenons.

db1f1 if I remember correctly is one of the jtag points, or RGH2+ points on a system with hdmi. RGH2 doesnt work on xenon consoles as it doesnt have the same hana chip, which has adjustable registers to slow the cpu speed, to apply the glitch at the right time. The best bet you have on that console is R-JTOP, as you cant create an rgh 2 image with most image builders for a xenon console, so as far as I know rgh1.2 is out. R-Jtop requires building your own timing files, and wiring with RGH1 wiring with the modification of moving post out from post out 1 to post out 0, and jtag wiring. You also have to find the right timing, or it could take forever to boot. :( that being said, why are you wasting the time on a xenon? they are crap, and more likely to get RROD then any other console.

• Like 1

db1f1 if I remember correctly is one of the jtag points, or RGH2+ points on a system with hdmi. RGH2 doesnt work on xenon consoles as it doesnt have the same hana chip, which has adjustable registers to slow the cpu speed, to apply the glitch at the right time. The best bet you have on that console is R-JTOP, as you cant create an rgh 2 image with most image builders for a xenon console, so as far as I know rgh1.2 is out. R-Jtop requires building your own timing files, and wiring with RGH1 wiring with the modification of moving post out from post out 1 to post out 0, and jtag wiring. You also have to find the right timing, or it could take forever to boot. :( that being said, why are you wasting the time on a xenon? they are crap, and more likely to get RROD then any other console.

Its not for personal use, its just to get a replacement drive working for it. The dash is too new for JTAG and old enough for rgh1 I just want the DVD key from the damn thing but if its too much trouble I'll just  put it in the junk pile and move on to this Jasper and Zephyr that came in the same lot.

Before anyone responds with "You cannot glitch hack a Xenon" please read first.

This is not to glitch hack a Xenon for  custom firmware hacking.

This is so that I can retrieve the DVD Key from the NAND so that I can reflash a replacement drive. Now I would search the Xecuter forum but they're apparantly moving to a new server so I'm dead in the water for now.

I've done phats before as well as slims.

I'm looking for what would be the DB1F1 solder point which if memory serves me would be the CPU_RST right?

Or do I need to do this from the STBY_CLK point?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to fix two Xenons.

actually some xenon's can be freebooted.. but it's a hit/miss with em.. 15432 has confirmed this.. 

http://teamx360.co.uk/showthread.php?p=18418

key retrieveal

freeboot xenon

actually some xenon's can be freebooted.. but it's a hit/miss with em.. 15432 has confirmed this.. 

http://teamx360.co.uk/showthread.php?p=18418

key retrieveal

So I can glitch hack it but not with a TX product, instead with a squirt using RGH 1.2 timing files?

I'd need this one right?

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17824&cat=294&page=1

15342 used Matrix Glitcher v3, you should be able to use TX Products aswell i believe

I'll see if I can hunt one down then. If this does a full-on glitch then I'll get two. :D Thanks Swizzy and Felida!