RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
carnivash

Few problems with aurora 0.5b

Through FTP, no errors, but since you mentioned it, i'll try every other way i can think of to transfer the trainers. Thanks

What client did you use?

Make sure you use Binary transfer and not Ascii transfer

I use Filezilla, i changed default transfer mode to binary, but same errors. Then i tried installing FlashFXP also changing transfer mode to binary in settings, no luck.

I also tried transferring trainers plugging my external hdd in my computer, on windows, then on mac, then on linux, and finally tried using smb share from FSD. Nothing changes, same 3 errors keep poping up on log. Sad, very sad.

I use Filezilla, i changed default transfer mode to binary, but same errors. Then i tried installing FlashFXP also changing transfer mode to binary in settings, no luck.

I also tried transferring trainers plugging my external hdd in my computer, on windows, then on mac, then on linux, and finally tried using smb share from FSD. Nothing changes, same 3 errors keep poping up on log. Sad, very sad.

It's strange, maybe your aurora has gotten corrupted during the transfer somehow? try deleting it, downloading using linux (not mac or windows) and extracting it to your hdd, setting everything up again, and see if it works as expected

I mean, the issues you've been having are all weird, sure, you've fixed one of the issues you had by editing the DB, but the underlying problem doesn't make much sense, the same goes for this... it's really weird issues...

I'll certainly try your suggestion and report back.

They are really weird indeed, but i might have forgotten to provide some important information, i was so focused on correcting the problem that i stopped care about how it started in the first place: i used to have a fully functional version of aurora running from my external hdd, i was testing to see if it was worth moving entirely from FSD to Aurora, and version 0.5b is really good so decided to make Aurora default, in order to do that, i moved my entire Aurora folder from external hdd to internal (sometimes i start my xbox without external hdd plugged, so its safer to leave aurora on the drive i know will always be available), and that's when problems started, aurora booted just fine after the transfer, but all the already in place trainers stopped being detected, well, no problem i thought, transferring an entire Aurora folder already configured must not be good, all i had to do was delete aurora and start from scratch, no luck, trainers wouldn't show, and that's when i noticed my unsigned xbox games problem as well. After some days of trying to solve for myself i decided to seek help, and here we are.

So, transferring aurora folder from drive to drive was a bad idea, but why the problems are still haunting me even after deleting everything and start from a brand new aurora?

I'll certainly try your suggestion and report back.

They are really weird indeed, but i might have forgotten to provide some important information, i was so focused on correcting the problem that i stopped care about how it started in the first place: i used to have a fully functional version of aurora running from my external hdd, i was testing to see if it was worth moving entirely from FSD to Aurora, and version 0.5b is really good so decided to make Aurora default, in order to do that, i moved my entire Aurora folder from external hdd to internal (sometimes i start my xbox without external hdd plugged, so its safer to leave aurora on the drive i know will always be available), and that's when problems started, aurora booted just fine after the transfer, but all the already in place trainers stopped being detected, well, no problem i thought, transferring an entire Aurora folder already configured must not be good, all i had to do was delete aurora and start from scratch, no luck, trainers wouldn't show, and that's when i noticed my unsigned xbox games problem as well. After some days of trying to solve for myself i decided to seek help, and here we are.

So, transferring aurora folder from drive to drive was a bad idea, but why the problems are still haunting me even after deleting everything and start from a brand new aurora?

Honestly, i have no idea why it'd suddenly happen like that, maybe there's an issue with your HDD? or maybe something else?

Either way, try to delete aurora entirely from your internal hdd, then do FTP transfer while running aurora from your USB, that way you should be ok :)

No good, i tried everything, but trainers won't show up no matter what, the same 3 errors are shown in the log file for every game i try to use trainers.

I even bought a new pendrive just to test if it was a device problem, but nope, no trainers are shown, and xbox games keep being detect as unsigned, but hey, at least there is a way to fix that.

Did you try downloading the trainers on a linux machine and transferring?

If you have a faulty network device, firewall/antivirus software or even a virus on your computer you may end up with corrupt data, linux don't tend to have issues with firewall/antivirus or viruses, this is why i recommend that you try downloading there, OSX/Mac may do things to files, which is why i don't recommend using that...

I'm not at all saying you have faulty hardware/software or a virus either for that matter, i'm just stating it as a possibility we should check for :)

I tried, but i have a macbook pro, and it seems that Ubuntu running from a pendrive in a mac, can't detect network device, so if i run linux i end up with no network to download or transfer to xbox by FTP, but i can transfer by usb to everywhere, that's what i did, downloaded on windows, run linux, transfer to pendrive, the only missing piece was download from linux, I'll keep looking for a way to enable networking in linux so i can try your suggestion. Thanks

no good, i did everything from Linux, download extract, transfer, but trainers are never found, always the same 3 errors

Guys, sorry to interrupt, but got a friend that "did" something I have no idea what with XeXMENU (he said just pressed the Y button) and all his games became Homebrew & cannot be played.

Tried troubleshooting for weeks, last thing I did for him was:
1) for extracted games in XeX format: delete the current default.xex and replaced with a working one from other copy - some works, most still not working.
2) convert or simply delete all extracted XeX format game and use only GoD format games - 99% of games not detected correctly and playable.

3) replaced FSD with Aurora 0.5b - isues still persist.
4) delete existing Aurora and paste a fresh ones, and yeah updated his kernel to 17349 - till today, everything is working fine, heck even better than before because now all the games in GoD container format (faster rescan when needed & faster booting).

*for FTP transfer, I just user Windows Explorer to FTP and transfer all the Trainers, and used WinRAR to extract it from xyzmods (when using WinZIP / 7Zip the trainers "missing" from Aurora)

I hope this n00b info could be of assist.

Thanks.
-InKeNET

• Like 1

Guys, sorry to interrupt, but got a friend that "did" something I have no idea what with XeXMENU (he said just pressed the Y button) and all his games became Homebrew & cannot be played.

Tried troubleshooting for weeks, last thing I did for him was:
1) for extracted games in XeX format: delete the current default.xex and replaced with a working one from other copy - some works, most still not working.
2) convert or simply delete all extracted XeX format game and use only GoD format games - 99% of games not detected correctly and playable.

3) replaced FSD with Aurora 0.5b - isues still persist.
4) delete existing Aurora and paste a fresh ones, and yeah updated his kernel to 17349 - till today, everything is working fine, heck even better than before because now all the games in GoD container format (faster rescan when needed & faster booting).

*for FTP transfer, I just user Windows Explorer to FTP and transfer all the Trainers, and used WinRAR to extract it from xyzmods (when using WinZIP / 7Zip the trainers "missing" from Aurora)

I hope this n00b info could be of assist.

Thanks.
-InKeNET

Sounds like something else is wrong with his games. Pressing Y in xexmenu brings up a context menu, so not sure what he could have pressed that would do that. Whats even stranger is that you say it broke games in Aurora and FSD. That doesn't make sense to me, because he would have had to delete something out of each game folder. 

Maybe someone else will come along that can shed more light on it, i'm not that familiar with xexmenu. I wonder if he was messing around in dash launch too?

Sounds like something else is wrong with his games. Pressing Y in xexmenu brings up a context menu, so not sure what he could have pressed that would do that. Whats even stranger is that you say it broke games in Aurora and FSD. That doesn't make sense to me, because he would have had to delete something out of each game folder. 

Maybe someone else will come along that can shed more light on it, i'm not that familiar with xexmenu. I wonder if he was messing around in dash launch too?

that guy's best bet, start from scratch.. lol.. just saying.. 

I was thinking that too, sounds like a real cluster****. I would at least save all the god's first though.

deleting xexmenu/FSD/Aurora or what ever will have no effect on his games.. lol

deleting xexmenu/FSD/Aurora or what ever will have no effect on his games.. lol

He said he put a fresh Aurora on. I thought you meant something more drastic when you said start from scratch, lolz

He said he put a fresh Aurora on. I thought you meant something more drastic when you said start from scratch, lolz

i'd try it out with a spare hdd first.. to see if that is partially the problem.. but yeah gonna play me some LiNK.. goof off, til FF7 remake gets released(months from now but still).. ugh it's been FOREVER!!

back on topic.. Y just rescans devices in XexMenu.. lol.. there is no changing the games to "homebrew" lol.. def a major problem on something that isn't related to Xexmenu.. 

as these are the buttons on XexMenu:

143dg9j.jpg

• Like 1

He probably entered the filemanager, pressed Y to bring up the context menu and patched the xex's... that'd cause them to not work anywhere aswell if the patching caused corruption which i believe it does... (it's not good to use on Freeboot, only was needed for XBR back in the early days of JTAG)

If you guys properly read his post you'd see that he listed steps he had taken, and the final step he solved it...

• Like 1

He probably entered the filemanager, pressed Y to bring up the context menu and patched the xex's... that'd cause them to not work anywhere aswell if the patching caused corruption which i believe it does... (it's not good to use on Freeboot, only was needed for XBR back in the early days of JTAG)

If you guys properly read his post you'd see that he listed steps he had taken, and the final step he solved it...

The way I read it, he said "till today, everything was working fine" Maybe I miss read. But yeah, I would think that would have fixed it.

Thanks guys for all of your input & feedback.

Yup as Swizzy said, I listed all the steps I took to troubleshoot the said issues...

Maybe like what Swizzy said, my friend maybe push some patching options or something, which I have no Idea how in Asgard did he managed to do it in the 1st place..

I have mercilessly deleted all my friend's RIP (XeX format) games he had and replaced it with my copy of GoD games.

Till today (7th July 2015) he didn't complaint anything about any issues, the latest Aurora 0.5b really nice, and easy to be used by anyone.

Thanks again everyone

p/s: Dear Swizzy, I "accidently" launched a game (within Aurora Dashboard) named "XBOX INVADERS" what a nice way to fill a fun free time.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

Well, i just saw you guys started another discussion on this topic, but i'd like to return to the original one, sorry for being absent but i was on the process of exchange external hdd so i could try rule out a defective hdd just as was suggested.

But sadly, nothing has changed, even after transferring everything to a new external formatted hdd, all my games are still being detected as homebrew, and trainers won't work, not even by a presidential executive order.

Well, i just saw you guys started another discussion on this topic, but i'd like to return to the original one, sorry for being absent but i was on the process of exchange external hdd so i could try rule out a defective hdd just as was suggested.

But sadly, nothing has changed, even after transferring everything to a new external formatted hdd, all my games are still being detected as homebrew, and trainers won't work, not even by a presidential executive order.

Could you upload your content.db and settings.db again. I noticed something in the first one you uploaded that i'm not sure about. If the db's are case sensitive, your scan paths in settings don't match the directory path in content. 

Maybe Swizzy can confirm if that's a problem or not. But a fresh set of db would be better to help you with.

edit: never mind, it's like that in mine too except for the arcade and ARCADE cases.

well.. aint nothing i can say besides.. get your games again?? do new ones come up as homebrew??

well.. aint nothing i can say besides.. get your games again?? do new ones come up as homebrew??

Agreed, I would rip a fresh game disc on a fresh install and see if it still gives you problems. That would at least tell you wether or not the games are the issue, and it looks like they might be.

You've already run the gamut and nothing seems to work. I think everyone is just as stumped as you. 

• Like 2