RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gualdimar

[Aurora]User categories

it would be great to have some sort of user categories, which can be managed directly in aurora`s UI.

as i see it, it`s a custom title`s propetry in db, which can be created and assigned to the title by user directly in aurora, and later used in filter scripts(something like Content.UserCat == "mycategory").

and filter script auto creation for your new user category would make aurora much more user friendly.

this will greatly simplify filtering and management of titles.

maybe there are some better ways to implement this, but i think the idea is clear

tell me what you think about this.

• Like 2

it would be great to have some sort of user categories, which can be managed directly in aurora`s UI.

as i see it, it`s a custom title`s propetry in db, which can be created and assigned to the title by user directly in aurora, and later used in filter scripts(something like Content.UserCat == "mycategory").

and filter script auto creation for your new user category would make aurora much more user friendly.

this will greatly simplify filtering and management of titles.

maybe there are some better ways to implement this, but i think the idea is clear

tell me what you think about this.

so.. the sections of games separated by "360 games, xbla, classic, and homebrew" isn't simple enough? or the way to create your own filter isn't simple enough??

or are you asking for a "favorites" category? which has been asked a few times already.. i ask because you've put "Can we get a favorites(basically) filter?" in technical terms..

It has already been implemented, it is called quick views. This lets each user create their own quick views, which is basically what a user catagory is. Also it would be hard to implement something like this the way you are, because where would the user catagories be saved, the enums, and other stuff would need to modified. it would be a pain. completly doable, but as I havnt seen the code behind aurora, I dont know how easy, or hard it would be.

There's already "Script Data", which you can set to anything you want, this can then be used in filters...

• Like 1

so.. the sections of games separated by "360 games, xbla, classic, and homebrew" isn't simple enough? or the way to create your own filter isn't simple enough??

or are you asking for a "favorites" category? which has been asked a few times already.. i ask because you've put "Can we get a favorites(basically) filter?" in technical terms..

yes, there are game categories already, but  you can`t rename them, can`t add or delete, can`t move game from one cat to another(which is the main flaw). so you can`t manage and build your library as you want.

for example, both i and my brother play on the same console, but different games. and each of us wants to create his own "library" and manage it. and at the moment you can`t do that in aurora, unless you manually modify the db and change title`s category or create huge filter script with the ton of lines.

this is just one example, but there are a lot more similar situations, when ppl would like to separate their games as they want.

It has already been implemented, it is called quick views. This lets each user create their own quick views, which is basically what a user catagory is. Also it would be hard to implement something like this the way you are, because where would the user catagories be saved, the enums, and other stuff would need to modified. it would be a pain. completly doable, but as I havnt seen the code behind aurora, I dont know how easy, or hard it would be.

"quick views" is "fast filter changing" feature. it doesn`t show specific games, it simplifies filter switching process. in qucik views you can select filter or group of filter to show, but can`t select specific games from your library.

There's already "Script Data", which you can set to anything you want, this can then be used in filters...

correct me if i`m wrong, but this can be set during content scan only and for the whole conten scan path, but not for a specific game.

Correct, but if you want to only show specific games, set them as favorite and enable showing only favorites...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Correct, but if you want to only show specific games, set them as favorite and enable showing only favorites...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

yes, i can use favorites, but it won`t solve the problem at all. i will have my own library, but my brother won`t.

i think, if it was possible to set script data for each game and not only before content scan, it would have done the trick.

yes, i can use favorites, but it won`t solve the problem at all. i will have my own library, but my brother won`t.

i think, if it was possible to set script data for each game and not only before content scan, it would have done the trick.

Each profile will have their own favorites, are you both using the same profile on the console?

• Like 1

"quick views" is "fast filter changing" feature. it doesn`t show specific games, it simplifies filter switching process. in qucik views you can select filter or group of filter to show, but can`t select specific games from your library.

I know what quick views are. I almost feel insulted with this response. But with the show faviorates script, or even a custom script, you could set it to show only certain games, on a specific quick view. :)

I know what quick views are. I almost feel insulted with this response. But with the show faviorates script, or even a custom script, you could set it to show only certain games, on a specific quick view. :)

There is no script for Favorites, it's a internal flag...

Each profile will have their own favorites, are you both using the same profile on the console?

didn`t know that, but anyway all this methods are workarounds, which won`t give all that freedom and customisation possibilities as user categories will.

yes, i can, but as i said:

...and at the moment you can`t do that in aurora, unless you manually modify the db and change title`s category or create huge filter script with the ton of lines...

didn`t know that, but anyway all this methods are workarounds, which won`t give all that freedom and customisation possibilities as user categories will.

yes, i can, but as i said:

They may be workarounds to you, but, we're currently NOT considering adding categories for each user in the mix, maybe later there will be such a feature, but not right now, especially since this does work for what you need it...