RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
2Ceedz

QuickView exit animation & Other questions

Yes,

Im creating a skin, and am making progress, but there are a few questions i need help with.   I would like to share it here, but want to do a good job.  So the first question is probably the most important, but any help is greatly appreciated!!  Some may not be 'do-able' as it is a custom font.

• I have moved the 'title bars' on the main sceen and also 'quickview' all is working great, except for some odd reason (and i cannot find it), when i hit RB for quickview, then 'B' to go back, the titles of the games are off center.  This is the only transition this happens with.  I've played with everything i think, Where would the 'exit quickview' transition take place?  I've checked the title bars on main.xur and all are lined up the exact same way.  Didnt see that transition in the QV scene.
  • In the 'settings' menu, is there anyway to resize for the 'loaded moduals'? its cutting off the top of the words because of my font. I've tried to resize the box alone and also the 'loaded moduals' scene in the .xur, but it is not showing the whole font, its just moving the 'loaded moduals' down with the same cut off.  (I was thinking if i resized the individual 'boxes' it would show the top of the font.
  • Finally, is there anyway to 'shrink' the font on certain buttons?  I know I can with headers and body's, but when i try to add that visiual, it did not work.

Thanks for all your help....i've learned alot because of the great help here!!

• Like 2

Yes,

Im creating a skin, and am making progress, but there are a few questions i need help with.   I would like to share it here, but want to do a good job.  So the first question is probably the most important, but any help is greatly appreciated!!  Some may not be 'do-able' as it is a custom font.

• I have moved the 'title bars' on the main sceen and also 'quickview' all is working great, except for some odd reason (and i cannot find it), when i hit RB for quickview, then 'B' to go back, the titles of the games are off center.  This is the only transition this happens with.  I've played with everything i think, Where would the 'exit quickview' transition take place?  I've checked the title bars on main.xur and all are lined up the exact same way.  Didnt see that transition in the QV scene.
  • In the 'settings' menu, is there anyway to resize for the 'loaded moduals'? its cutting off the top of the words because of my font. I've tried to resize the box alone and also the 'loaded moduals' scene in the .xur, but it is not showing the whole font, its just moving the 'loaded moduals' down with the same cut off.  (I was thinking if i resized the individual 'boxes' it would show the top of the font.
  • Finally, is there anyway to 'shrink' the font on certain buttons?  I know I can with headers and body's, but when i try to add that visiual, it did not work.

Thanks for all your help....i've learned alot because of the great help here!!

there are roughly 26 transitions you have to look for.. as for font.. no.. lol.. as it is a COMPLETELY  Different format from windows m8

and also.. you should hit me up before creating a thread m8 ;-) just saying.. lol

• Like 1

Didnt wanna bug you too much, lol...you've done alot .. and i thank you, i've learned alot......LoL.

there are roughly 26 transitions you have to look for.. as for font.. no.. lol.. as it is a COMPLETELY  Different format from windows m8

and also.. you should hit me up before creating a thread m8 ;-) just saying.. lol

Or, you can explain things here so others can read it ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, i had the transitions..he was talking about in main.xur...had to have Felida look at my skin to fix....i couldnt find it...... waiting on him to let me know where the error was, and i'll post exactly where it messed up at.  He just fixed it last night, after hours of me redoing the transitions.... I bet it was an easy fix for him, but it killed me, i couldnt find it.  Once he gets back to me on how he fixed it...ill post it here.  ;-)

Also, the 'font' errors are unfixable... (what i get for trying to change the font, LoL).  Although i did find something hoping its font size, will post back.

**seems the 'size' doesnt matter to the font.....i tried to resize the boxes for 'loading moduals' (just moved the words).. and then tried to lower the hight

of the 'text' in Xui_Button_AppInfo_Modual (in aurora_skin.xur), but nothing is changing.  Guessing i cant fix the font (as Felida didnt know either).  Not a big bug for me, and can always just go back to the original font for posting the skin here, but with the font, thats the only 'major' bug with it. (Outside of being too large for some buttons).

Thanks again to Felida, and once i find out exactly which transition it was for QV exit, ill update post. (he said it was ALOT....but was only the 1 transition, so im still confused...LoL.

Yeah, i had the transitions..he was talking about in main.xur...had to have Felida look at my skin to fix....i couldnt find it...... waiting on him to let me know where the error was, and i'll post exactly where it messed up at.  He just fixed it last night, after hours of me redoing the transitions.... I bet it was an easy fix for him, but it killed me, i couldnt find it.  Once he gets back to me on how he fixed it...ill post it here.  ;-)

Also, the 'font' errors are unfixable... (what i get for trying to change the font, LoL).  Although i did find something hoping its font size, will post back.

**seems the 'size' doesnt matter to the font.....i tried to resize the boxes for 'loading moduals' (just moved the words).. and then tried to lower the hight

of the 'text' in Xui_Button_AppInfo_Modual (in aurora_skin.xur), but nothing is changing.  Guessing i cant fix the font (as Felida didnt know either).  Not a big bug for me, and can always just go back to the original font for posting the skin here, but with the font, thats the only 'major' bug with it. (Outside of being too large for some buttons).

Thanks again to Felida, and once i find out exactly which transition it was for QV exit, ill update post. (he said it was ALOT....but was only the 1 transition, so im still confused...LoL.

there is roughly 26 frames to each transition, and his error was around frame 180ish.. one of the last ones.. all i did was straighten up his skin by taking it to where he wanted it, the copied the x/y/z to make across ALL frames(the starter spot).. and that fixed it.. as he had slight differences all around(yes ALOT of differences 2ceedz).. but if you want it smooth, gotta make sure you copy the EXACT x/y/z spot, instead of eyeing it.. otherwise you'll get the transition error 2Ceedz was getting.. a few pixels off equates to a huge difference on TV screen

• Like 1

@Swizzy, sorry m8, was working on the damn ratings thing, plus 17th was my moms 56th bday.. so wasn't around that much.. 

but all 1800+ USA 360/xbla titles are rated, and sent to Gavin..

and i was able to TeamViewer with 2Ceedz and show him the errors.. can't really do that on a thread m8

@Swizzy, sorry m8, was working on the damn ratings thing, plus 17th was my moms 56th bday.. so wasn't around that much..

but all 1800+ USA 360/xbla titles are rated, and sent to Gavin..

and i was able to TeamViewer with 2Ceedz and show him the errors.. can't really do that on a thread m8

True, but you could document the issues he had ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

True, but you could document the issues he had ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

i did? in the post right above the one i quoted u? unless you want me to write a TUT on it??

there is roughly 26 frames to each transition, and his error was around frame 180ish.. one of the last ones.. all i did was straighten up his skin by taking it to where he wanted it, the copied the x/y/z to make across ALL frames(the starter spot).. and that fixed it.. as he had slight differences all around(yes ALOT of differences 2ceedz).. but if you want it smooth, gotta make sure you copy the EXACT x/y/z spot, instead of eyeing it.. otherwise you'll get the transition error 2Ceedz was getting.. a few pixels off equates to a huge difference on TV screen

Yeah, i wasnt sure where it was messed up (near the end)....the other slight differences were from me trying to 'hurry' and not do my x,y,z correctly (i just moved)......I always have to learn the hard way.  Thanks again for all of your help!!! Now on to others!! LoL.

On my 'font bug' seems i CAN shrink text, np, but it still cuts the top of the text off just the same as larger text.   So im going to play a bit more but i did figure out where the font size for the loading moduals is:  aurura_skin.xur >>  'appinfo_modual', then change text size on the right....fyi.  (for those who are stupid like me.)  Just seems weird that resizing the boxes/shrinking the text doesnt fix the 'font bug' .....(but i know its not a console font, is probably why...still seems weird)

post-11679-0-46884900-1432167229_thumb.jpg

post-11679-0-93206700-1432167269_thumb.jpg

Yeah, i wasnt sure where it was messed up (near the end)....the other slight differences were from me trying to 'hurry' and not do my x,y,z correctly (i just moved)......I always have to learn the hard way.  Thanks again for all of your help!!! Now on to others!! LoL.

On my 'font bug' seems i CAN shrink text, np, but it still cuts the top of the text off just the same as larger text.   So im going to play a bit more but i did figure out where the font size for the loading moduals is:  aurura_skin.xur >>  'appinfo_modual', then change text size on the right....fyi.  (for those who are stupid like me.)  Just seems weird that resizing the boxes/shrinking the text doesnt fix the 'font bug' .....(but i know its not a console font, is probably why...still seems weird)

that doesn't actually change the font size in the ttf file btw ;-) which is where the problem is.. that option just shrinks the screen display <--- wrong answer, read my next post

• Like 1

OIC...ok, thanks again m8!!! Should be able to fix now i know its def. my font.  ;-)  (or not, LoL)

OIC...ok, thanks again m8!!! Should be able to fix now i know its def. my font.  ;-)  (or not, LoL)

it's not your font m8.. i figured out the problem.. in appinfo_module.. make x/x/z 0/0/0.. lmfao

x=-1 y=-8

that was the problem..

even tho resizing it down to 75% worked.. that's not the actual fix..

everything should be 0 instead of x-1 and y-8... learning something new every day lol

14keb14.jpg

• Like 2

Sweet...that's much easier then me resizing the font.although that worked too........LoL.....Was thinking i bugged it out, why it was bothering me so bad but i didnt mess with that until today.  (Pretty sure)....Thanks Again!!! ;-) 

• Like 1

Sweet...that's much easier then me resizing the font.although that worked too........LoL.....Was thinking i bugged it out, why it was bothering me so bad but i didnt mess with that until today.  (Pretty sure)....Thanks Again!!! ;-) 

the default skin is slightly off.. but yeah i found out why, and the fix once i looked around in the skin, glad i could help.. and got a pic for anyone else using different fonts...

• Like 2