RealModScene
som3a

[HELP] Setup LiNK without a router!

hello everyone, am new here and just have received my j-tagged xbox 360, so bear with me i will ask a lot of questions in these fourms :3

i have a problem playing on LiNK, i have my internet connection using a LAN cable attached to my PC which is connected to the internet using wireless that i have on home, i don't have a router to connect my xbox to, which is making the problem, i can't pass the TCP/UDP ports tests, cause i can't port forward the ports the xbox is connecting to, if i had a router it would be easy to setup the filter and everything, but i don't have that, i can connect to the internet, downloaded the covers and the title updates, i can connect to the public room and other lobbies, i can see the players but i can't find a game in my CoD Blackops II, i know i can't play without the port forwarding part..

note that, i have FSD V3 rev 775, i have my unity account working fine, i have games downloaded and also them title updates, i can play fine offline mode, but can't do anything online 

please help, I'm searching this topic for nearly three weeks, i found some applications and OSs to port forwarding my ports!! but nothing seems to work .. :( :'(

• Like 1

First of all, this isn't a tutorial, so don't post it in the tutorials section! learn to read!

Second, this has already been covered before, check the threads... You need to open the ports in your router, i do believe you DO have a router... where else is your wireless coming from? if it's a 3G/4G connection, you can give up right now and forget about it...

www.portforward.com

enuff said, as that site will tell you how to work "double nat" issues, or anything else.. and has damn near EVER router known

and as Swizzy said, you have a router.. there is no such thing as "WiFi" without one.. unless you are 3g/4g.. even then that is a "router"

If you are using a 3G/4G connection you can't do anything, sorry  :hope:

you can, depending on the hotspot, but the connection speed can be spotty at best. eg. If the hotspot is a rooted android phone, you can set up iptables to forward the ports from the gsm modem, to the wifi card, and do it that way. Note, IPtables doesnt come with android by default, there might be a dumbed down version, for the wifi hotspot stuff, but you will probably have to build a version for arm processors. :( maybe one day I will write a guide for this. Probably not though.

hummm ,, i guess my little huawei E5220 can do a lot ! ! :3 ,, by router i meant the device which has that cable ports and i can directly connect the xbox to the network with it..

i did a  network bridge between my local area network and the wireless network on my windows's network adapter in control panel... and on my router's control panel i found a way to make a virtual router or something, a LAN IP filter and played in the DMZ settings.. 

yet the test don't pass, but i can find the lobby and enter a hosted game! and play! but as you guys said, the speed is making it so hard to play sometimes,, cause it's a  didn't try to create a game yet but i guess it could work..

next thing am going to try is to use a third party application to port forward the ports.

thanks for your reply ,, <3 <3

hummm ,, i guess my little huawei E5220 can do a lot ! ! :3 ,, by router i meant the device which has that cable ports and i can directly connect the xbox to the network with it..

i did a  network bridge between my local area network and the wireless network on my windows's network adapter in control panel... and on my router's control panel i found a way to make a virtual router or something, a LAN IP filter and played in the DMZ settings.. 

yet the test don't pass, but i can find the lobby and enter a hosted game! and play! but as you guys said, the speed is making it so hard to play sometimes,, cause it's a  didn't try to create a game yet but i guess it could work..

next thing am going to try is to use a third party application to port forward the ports.

thanks for your reply ,, <3 <3

Hosting a game takes more then playing as you're responsible for ALL others when hosting... so, i don't recommend trying to host a game as it'll not be fun for anyone but you (you're the only one that'll have a decent gameplay)

hummm ,, then i won't :)

I found applications like PFconfig, simple port forwarding, router pf .. will let you know what happened when i try it later :)

thanks for the support, and i will make sure to post my posts at the right forum next time :)

hummm ,, then i won't :)

I found applications like PFconfig, simple port forwarding, router pf .. will let you know what happened when i try it later :)

thanks for the support, and i will make sure to post my posts at the right forum next time :)

IF you open ports.. test them on your PC first, and IF they pass, swap IP to Xbox. Bridged connection will work fine.. IF ALL ELSE FAILS.. it is your ISP blocking.. call them and ask them to open the ports.. OR you can get a VPN..