RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
moh97

.asset file

I can't sleep in the night thinking how to extract the .asset file (the file in aurora GameData folder) :(

i try every thing to know what's really type using "trid" but i got nothing 

plz help me and tell me how to extract it :D

i'm trying to make a program like GaDaBaMa :)

NOTE:I'm a real noob i got my first xbox 360 from 1 month ago :$ :$ 

GC41560845.zip

• Like 1

I can't sleep in the night thinking how to extract the .asset file (the file in aurora GameData folder) :(

i try every thing to know what's really type using "trid" but i got nothing 

plz help me and tell me how to extract it :D

i'm trying to make a program like GaDaBaMa :)

NOTE:I'm a real noob i got my first xbox 360 from 1 month ago :$ :$

They're a custom memory blob... you won't be able to extract them that easily...

Thanks swizzy :)

This files have the cover image? Why they store it like this?

They store the data as-is in memory when it's used, this increases performance as it doesn't need to convert it once loaded (like FSD has to do)

Ooh thanks swizzy again

now I understand :D you and the team have a great genius mind just OMG ;)

Have fun with that project, it will be a lot of work to pull the data, but maybe if you pm maester rowen, he will give you the portion of the code that generates that file, and the file structure and you can reverse it. It is a long shot, but would be your best bet.

Have fun with that project, it will be a lot of work to pull the data, but maybe if you pm maester rowen, he will give you the portion of the code that generates that file, and the file structure and you can reverse it. It is a long shot, but would be your best bet.

I think it's actually a XDK feature that creates the file format based on input from a PNG reader or something like that... Basically, MaesterRowen has already explained things in a different thread and there isn't much to add ontop of that...

I must have missed that thread. It sounds like it would be an interesting read though. :)

Might have been in a PM tho, i'll have to look tomorrow, if it was a PM, i'll post it here as it's i guess kinda good for the public to have... if memory serves me right

Might have been in a PM tho, i'll have to look tomorrow, if it was a PM, i'll post it here as it's i guess kinda good for the public to have... if memory serves me right

This be what you talking about i think

The .asset files are a very custom format of image that essentially breaks down to being a D3Dx9 texture memory snapshot saved as a binary.

This is the key component that allows us to have the really fast load times. We can basically load the file directly into video memory, and a direct3d texture is created and ready to use.

If you want some insight in how that works, you can check out AtgPackedResource if you have access to the SDK as its using a similar method.

Personally, i would just redownload the artwork- lol

Sent from my fingers

This be what you talking about i think

Sent from my fingers

Exactly, thanks :)

• Like 1