RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shuraim Ahmet

Unrepairable console after RROD

Hey Swizzy I sent my console to the guy who rghed it and he says my console cannot be repaired because of all the rust it's wearing. Now he's got another rgh console which he will sell for 100 euros (without power brick and controller). It's a jasper model and rom isn't working but with newer rom it may cost extra 40 euros. So u think it's a good bet.

Cheerz.

• Like 8

It'll save you the trouble of trying to find a good deal on a used console... so 100 euros would be worth it for me. However, I don't know about the rom. And 140 euros seems a tad expensive for a completely working rgh. By comparison: getting only the rgh done cost me about 80 euros (so excl. console).

• Like 1

It'll save you the trouble of trying to find a good deal on a used console... so 100 euros would be worth it for me. However, I don't know about the rom. And 140 euros seems a tad expensive for a completely working rgh. By comparison: getting only the rgh done cost me about 80 euros (so excl. console).

Thanks Mate I am buying it without rom and will get it afterwards seperatley.

• Like 1

If the drive in the other console is a liteon 16d2s, you could flash it, and put it into your new console. I have never seen a jasper without a liteon. the 140 is completly worth it though, as jaspers are the least likely to get RROD.

If the drive in the other console is a liteon 16d2s, you could flash it, and put it into your new console. I have never seen a jasper without a liteon. the 140 is completly worth it though, as jaspers are the least likely to get RROD.

New console's drive is liteon but not working and drive in my console is Toshiba that's the problem.

that is unfortunate. Spoofing drives doesnt work with the newer kernels. :( I still think 140 is a good deal for a working jasper RGH, I have had my jasper since 2012, installed coolrunner the day I got it, replaced with r-jtag when it first came out, and it is still running strong. I have seen less jaspers get rrod then slims. I would let them fix the drive for you. That is just me.

• Like 1

New console's drive is liteon but not working and drive in my console is Toshiba that's the problem.

Not really a problem, just have the guy flash the appropriate key and voila! it's a working one ;)

RGH don't care about drive models, however it does care about spoofed drives... (don't ask me why)

I'd probably go for getting the liteon drive fixed tho, samsung (toshiba as you call 'em) isn't very good...

• Like 2

Not really a problem, just have the guy flash the appropriate key and voila! it's a working one ;)

RGH don't care about drive models, however it does care about spoofed drives... (don't ask me why)

I'd probably go for getting the liteon drive fixed tho, samsung (toshiba as you call 'em) isn't very good...

I've bought it it's a jasper june 2009 model. :)