RealModScene
saywaking

[Aurora] Changelog on first start/update

Hello,

We get update notifications. As popup, rss feed or in the "About" information in the settings.

An information after the installation of the update or on first start of Aurora would be nice.

A popup with the changelog would be nice. Otherwise we have to go to the site and read whole content.

It would be a nice informative feature. Nothing that would make disadvantages.

• Like 4

If the changes can't be seen why bother wasting time coding the change log into a rss stream no one cares about

Thats why i suggest to put a pop up. "Thats new in this version". Its just like the synopsis but could help alot.

The rss feed on the plugin is just to remind there is an update available. You cant put changelog there. I would put a sign on Aurora on the left or right corner like update available. Or a Pop Up update available. If it isnt aleady like that tho.

When you start aurora and have a Unity connection it'll popup saying there is an update available when you start...

• Like 1

Thats good. Last update i did now that there was an update but did not had the pop up. It was shown in the About menu.

Anyhow a changelog "ingame" would be nice.

Maybe it leads us to a .txt reader too which could also help with the hidden debug logs.

I think I would rather have a key combo like you use to reset family settings that would bring up a log viewer. The changelog isnt really needed, might be nice to know what the update contains if you arent checking the forums, but honestly, most of the people I have set up boxes for dont care about this, they just want something simple that works, which it already is, they for the most part dont care about the minor changes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the opinion. For me and many people i know ask myself whats new. And then you have to go to the official rms site which is not known by all end users. Many people are just consumers by someone. Many software has this even games like Minecraft does this. It is a well known technique by programmers.

On the recent update i was asked by someone who i told there is an update what new features that contains. I didnt put that in mind. :)

Of course this is not priorized as many suggestions. It also wouldnt kill anything specific its rather more "information is always better".

Hopefully this suggestions just survives for a moment.

Is there a Aurora Changelog here in this Forum ?

There's a "What's new" for each new version, but other then that... there's nothing...