RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shuraim Ahmet

RROD

Hey Swizzy and Co, I just experienced RROD on my rgh console. I couldn't get the error code coz my eject button is diasabled so any idea on how could i get the error code. I've also included my pic of the console. One more thing my power supply also turning red and ofcourse console doesn't boot.

post-13230-0-68190200-1422979951_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

When the PSU is red aswell it's likely a bad PSU or a short somewhere, can you do me a huge favor and take pictures of the USB ports (the actual ports) these are common culprits...

Also, try unplugging the PSU and leaving it like that for 24h (both from the wall and console) then plug the PSU back into the wall socket (not console!) and check if it turns red, if so; the PSU is bad for sure... if not; try connecting it to the console (don't power it on yet) is the PSU red now? then it's probably a short in the standby voltage rail(s), if not try powering on the console, does it go red now? then it's a short somewhere in the active voltage... if not; great! you fixed the problem!

Oh, and for each test you have to make sure to remove everything that's not required for the console to boot (any accessories, including the hdd... only leave video and power cables)

When the PSU is red aswell it's likely a bad PSU or a short somewhere, can you do me a huge favor and take pictures of the USB ports (the actual ports) these are common culprits...

Also, try unplugging the PSU and leaving it like that for 24h (both from the wall and console) then plug the PSU back into the wall socket (not console!) and check if it turns red, if so; the PSU is bad for sure... if not; try connecting it to the console (don't power it on yet) is the PSU red now? then it's probably a short in the standby voltage rail(s), if not try powering on the console, does it go red now? then it's a short somewhere in the active voltage... if not; great! you fixed the problem!

Oh, and for each test you have to make sure to remove everything that's not required for the console to boot (any accessories, including the hdd... only leave video and power cables)

Thanx swizzy i'm doing the tests right now and do i need to take the console apart to take the pictures of usb ports or just from the outside. And thanks bro.

Thanx swizzy i'm doing the tests right now and do i need to take the console apart to take the pictures of usb ports or just from the outside. And thanks bro.

From the outside is good enough, just make sure i can see the pins inside of the ports...

post-13230-0-46182300-1422985560_thumb.jpg

From the outside is good enough, just make sure i can see the pins inside of the ports...

OK i'm taking it and just to tell u more my psu brick turns red from orange as i power my console on and in the last few attempts it turned green for a fraction of a second then again turned red. Thanks.

post-13230-0-64555600-1422985554_thumb.jpg

post-13230-0-99094800-1422985556_thumb.jpg

post-13230-0-29482000-1422985558_thumb.jpg

OK i'm taking it and just to tell u more my psu brick turns red from orange as i power my console on and in the last few attempts it turned green for a fraction of a second then again turned red. Thanks.

So, not likely to be the PSU, more likely to be a short on the console...

• Like 1

SO means I have to get it repaired.

Yes, and your front USB ports look ok, and i'm going to go all out and guess you haven't used the one in the back at all which means it's likely also fine ;)

• Like 1

Yes, and your front USB ports look ok, and i'm going to go all out and guess you haven't used the one in the back at all which means it's likely also fine ;)

Yup I haven't used it at all good guess. And just one more thing about repairs like all I need to do is to get those xclamps removed and put back thermal paste right like nothing has happened to rgh hardware and all.

Cheerz Bro.

Yup I haven't used it at all good guess. And just one more thing about repairs like all I need to do is to get those xclamps removed and put back thermal paste right like nothing has happened to rgh hardware and all.

Cheerz Bro.

It's not likely to be a regular RROD, you have to get the eject button working in order to get the error code in order to figure out what the exact problem is, but it's behaving like you have a short somewhere in your console...

It's not likely to be a regular RROD, you have to get the eject button working in order to get the error code in order to figure out what the exact problem is, but it's behaving like you have a short somewhere in your console...

I contacted the person who rghed my console and he says i should bring both my psu and console so he can see what the actual problem is and he further says if the problem is with my console it may not be repaired coz it's an old model.

I hope you get it fixed! I would definitely get another RGH if my current one broke.

• Like 1

I hope you get it fixed! I would definitely get another RGH if my current one broke.

Yup I'm also thinking of getting another RGH if the problem is a lil complicated.

• Like 1