RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
tombo

Minecraft modding

Hi,

first of ll i hope I'm posting this into the right section. If not please move it.

I searchead around the Internet for Minecraft Mods on Xbox, like Texture and Skin Packs. I found a whole Bunch of Threads but they seem outdatet.I have the XBLA not the Disc Version of the Game. Since there are som new Files in the Title update it isn't enough to just Patch the Game.

I extractet the Game out of its Livecontainer and patched the Title Update to the XEX. Everything is working fine. I canMod the game etc. But it's always a Trial Version.

I tried repacking it with Lefluffie, but this takes to long, because you have to add each folder manualy and unpacked Minecraft have a lot of them.

So my Question is, is there any way to repack the Live Container or patch the Xex that it isn't a Trial?

I tried many Programs like Xm 360, Yaris swap etc. Last thing i'm thinging about is getting the disc version, because i i copy it, ith should be extrtacted on disc or is it also the Livecontainer on Disc?

Hope someone can help me.

If you can find the original disk or ISO, you should be able to extract it, either in Freestyle dash or with a program like xbox image browser. The disc shouldn't be too hard to find.

with the latest dashlaunch you should be able to run XBLA games in extracted form, i think it's the licpatch that does that... read the new launch_info :)

If you can find the original disk or ISO, you should be able to extract it, either in Freestyle dash or with a program like xbox image browser. The disc shouldn't be too hard to find.

The disk based version is just XBLA on a DVD with no DRM... so it doesn't help...

Hi,
thank you so much! I've searched so many Hours on the internet and didn't find anything. or anyone else with this Problem. You have to enable licpatch in Dashlaunch.
"changed how contpatch works, added/separated into xblapatch and licpatch (the Lets Try Find The Problem Blindly edition)" Now i'm able to use my Texture Packs and make a new tutorial for all who have the same Problem.

Thank you so much

Ok, but there is a nother Problem.
The game works as full version Fine now. I've moved all the files from Tu into game folder patched Xex and it is updatet.
If i extract the TU there is a folder called DLC where are all released Texturepacks inside it. So i tke one of it and extractet the pck with Bms unpacker. I edit the terrain.png and the 2 others. I looked at the filesize and they are even smaller than the original. I packed it again with reiporter. Now if i want to start the game with the edited texture pack it crashes.
Modding the original dlc files worked for me, but there are some objects missing. So i thought about modding the Dlc inside Tu.

Edit: ok i find out that your png must be plain png 24 (no compression or something else) otherwise the texure pack will be not loading.

I got it woring so far. Still some bugs, need to find out how to get the pngs to right file size after modding.