RealModScene
Totoz1234

What will happen if i remove my jtag?

hey guys. so my friends have retail xboxes, and they encouraged me to remove my jtag. i just have a question. will things stay as they are? for example will my installed dlcs and xbla stay accesible, and will i still be able to launch games without using the disk if i used nxe2god? please dont say kkeep the jtag, just post answer if u know, thanks.

You have to remove your soldering and reflash your Retail Image. After this you need a original Disc to start your Disc based games on HD (if they are legal).  If your XBLA stuff (Games, DLC) is patched (not from Xbox Live), it will not boot.

Anything you've modified at all (XBLA/DLC downloaded from the web are modified) will NOT work... the modifications done to them causes the signatures to break, the JTAG/RGH patches are in place to disable this check, when the kernel runs the function it just returns "all is good" everytime... so... it works... everytime...

NXE2GOD also breaks this, not only that... it moves the files from the NXEInstall directory to the GOD directory... so, they're useless...

A true friend would never ever tell you to remove your mod the only reason they would is jealousy :ice:  Ok seriously get a retail box or do what i'd do convince them to rgh then you can all have an ice cream

• Like 1

to be honest, they told me to remove the jtag to do lt3.0 in order to play online with them. i know that lt flashes the cd drive, so i can still play my games but from the disc (i have them on cds) all i care about is the dlcs. Since the dlcs will go, i just have one question. Is there a way to make them work, even if i have to redownload them?

Thanks for u all

A true friend would never ever tell you to remove your mod the only reason they would is jealousy :ice:  Ok seriously get a retail box or do what i'd do convince them to rgh then you can all have an ice cream

Hahahahaha I already tried this but they wont quit from xbox live  :thumbsup:

IMO removing the mod would be foolish ,, no offence at all intended but sounds like this could very well be above your skill level to accomplish at the present time as you will need to buy flashing tools, soldering equpment, and do lots of reading to accomplish this properly.  

at the least keep the modded box to test games before buying them to save wasting money on junk games ,,then just get an unmodded console to play with your buds ,, or sell it and you'll have enough for a new console and a game or 2 

3 main things to consider

1. If you do not have an original NAND backup from before the console was modded (as far as I know) you cannot go back to retail. 

2. You have to properly burn disc games or they will not boot or will throw errors , simply burning the "jtag rip" game files to a disc breaks the security and will not boot on a retail console (in case this is how you have backed up your games)

3. Either way playing on a retail you will be paying for every game and every DLC (aside of a VERY small amount or DRM free content)

if you do decide to unmod the box (again I totally disagree with) If you need I'd be glad to help you out with a list of steps and tools you will need ;)

1. If you do not have an original NAND backup from before the console was modded (as far as I know) you cannot go back to retail.

Actually, you can rebuild retail... but... it's not 100% live safe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Actually, you can rebuild retail... but... it's not 100% live safe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That's kinda what I had figured , good to know for sure it is at least possible , Swizzy always got the top tips and info  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

to be honest, they told me to remove the jtag to do lt3.0 in order to play online with them. i know that lt flashes the cd drive, so i can still play my games but from the disc (i have them on cds) all i care about is the dlcs. Since the dlcs will go, i just have one question. Is there a way to make them work, even if i have to redownload them?

Thanks for u all

Why don't u get a dual nand in that case u'd have access to live and also jtag functions but obviously not at the same time.

Why don't u get a dual nand in that case u'd have access to live and also jtag functions but obviously not at the same time.

Except, when you have a JTAG you can't do dualboot with retail/hacked... you have to install R-JTAG or similar to do that...

• Like 1

Except, when you have a JTAG you can't do dualboot with retail/hacked... you have to install R-JTAG or similar to do that...

Oh yeah that's what I meant. :)

IMO removing the mod would be foolish ,, no offence at all intended but sounds like this could very well be above your skill level to accomplish at the present time as you will need to buy flashing tools, soldering equpment, and do lots of reading to accomplish this properly.

at the least keep the modded box to test games before buying them to save wasting money on junk games ,,then just get an unmodded console to play with your buds ,, or sell it and you'll have enough for a new console and a game or 2

3 main things to consider

2. You have to properly burn disc games or they will not boot or will throw errors , simply burning the "jtag rip" game files to a disc breaks the security and will not boot on a retail console (in case this is how you have backed up your games)

3. Either way playing on a retail you will be paying for every game and every DLC (aside of a VERY small amount or DRM free content)

if you do decide to unmod the box (again I totally disagree with) If you need I'd be glad to help you out with a list of steps and tools you will need ;)

Iff i will do it, i will take it to a shop who does these kind of stuff. Thanks for ur proposal though. Its him who jtagged my xbox. But i think mine is an RGH since i have the slim model. Does it matter anyway if i will do lt? And that Rjtag can somebody explain it to me?

Iff i will do it, i will take it to a shop who does these kind of stuff. Thanks for ur proposal though. Its him who jtagged my xbox. But i think mine is an RGH since i have the slim model. Does it matter anyway if i will do lt? And that Rjtag can somebody explain it to me?

R-JTAG is a combination of RGH and JTAG... but, as you have a slim, all that's required is the installation of the Dualboot chip... however, if you don't have your original NAND dump you might end up being stuck with RGH forever...

And yes, Slim have RGH only...