RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
wootzored

Advanced Warfare The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again.

I have put the content folder on my usb0 root and the iso2god folder in my games folder but when I run the game in FSD 3 it gives me the error message:

The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again.

I can download TUs with no problem. I downloaded TU update 2 which was the latest available.

I think I'm not putting the folder(s) in the right place?

I have a /OnBoardMU/Content/0000000000000000/ folder that I have not used before since this is the first two-disc game I installed. (All the other games I just create a GOD image and put it in my games folder) but it seems that FSD wants me to put the game there instead of in usb0 but /OnBoardMU has only 1GB free space left so the game content wont fit. Is there a way to tell FSD to look in my usb0 instead or I am doing something totally wrong here?

Any clues/pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

you can create a USBMU from NXE (The xbox 360 dashboard) then you can use that to store those files, it's not so much FSD which looks for these files, it's the game itself...

Hmm I created a new USBMU on a 15gb USB stick and it gave it the name USBMU1. I moved the content/00000000...... folder to USBMU1, added the path to the content/0000... folder, ran a manuall rescan , ran the game but it still gives me that error message (?).

Is it possible to use the same USB HDD drive for the content/00000... folders? Or do I need a completely different one? Also, how exaclty do you create this USBMU? 

Hmm I created a new USBMU on a 15gb USB stick and it gave it the name USBMU1. I moved the content/00000000...... folder to USBMU1, added the path to the content/0000... folder, ran a manuall rescan , ran the game but it still gives me that error message (?).

Is it possible to use the same USB HDD drive for the content/00000... folders? Or do I need a completely different one? Also, how exaclty do you create this USBMU?

Does it work without the TU installed?

Perhaps your dashboard version has something to do with you not being able to run the latest games? You should check it.

What I did to get this working was

Created a folder called CODAW and made 2 sub folders DISK 1 & DISK 2

I extracted the ISO's and copied them to each folder

On the xbox I went into file manager and went into DISK 1 of CODAW and copied the floder (cant remember the number ) 51232434 or something like that

to the internal HD where the folder containing the content/000000000000000

After that the game ran perfectly  

What I did to get this working was

Created a folder called CODAW and made 2 sub folders DISK 1 & DISK 2

I extracted the ISO's and copied them to each folder

On the xbox I went into file manager and went into DISK 1 of CODAW and copied the floder (cant remember the number ) 51232434 or something like that

to the internal HD where the folder containing the content/000000000000000

After that the game ran perfectly  

My internal disk has only 1gb left. 4gb in total i think. So can't install it there. But the internal is the only drive that has the content/00000000000 folder. I can't find that folder on my hdd where i have all my other games.

I want to try this from the beginning.

So first I ran a sfv checker - both disk are OK. I unrared both. Now I have the .iso for both disks.

Since this is the first time a install one of theses games with two disks where one is the gamedisk and the other is the contentdisk Im not really sure what to do next since like I was saying dont have a content/000000000  on my external hdd.

Perhaps my FSD 3 isnt properly installed/configured? A guy who I no longer have any contact with helped me install FSD 3. I later updated to version 3.0b Rev 775 which I believe is the latest version? 

What would  you guys with more experience do next?

I want to try this from the beginning.

So first I ran a sfv checker - both disk are OK. I unrared both. Now I have the .iso for both disks.

Since this is the first time a install one of theses games with two disks where one is the gamedisk and the other is the contentdisk Im not really sure what to do next since like I was saying dont have a content/000000000  on my external hdd.

Perhaps my FSD 3 isnt properly installed/configured? A guy who I no longer have any contact with helped me install FSD 3. I later updated to version 3.0b Rev 775 which I believe is the latest version? 

What would  you guys with more experience do next?

What you call your "internal hdd" is actually an internal MU (Memory Unit), you cannot use this memory for this purpose, you also cannot use your external HDD for those files, you need to buy yourself a HDD to install in your console... (if you have a 4GB HDD i regret to inform you that your console is f*cked up as there's no such small harddrive with a SATA interface)

I have a "Microsoft Xbox 360 Slim 4GB".

Does this mean I am screwed? :-(

No, it means you have to get a slim hdd case and a 2.5" SATA harddrive, or a Xbox 360 S harddrive (slim harddrive)

I had a USB stick lying around and I configured it under "Storage Deviced" and now it says it's a "Memory Unit".

I put the content disk inside of the content/0000000000 but the game still wont play?

I had a USB stick lying around and I configured it under "Storage Deviced" and now it says it's a "Memory Unit".

I put the content disk inside of the content/0000000000 but the game still wont play?

The game auto installs to HDD1:\ you don't have a choice there...

But according to microsoft you can buy a 16gb flash drive to play such games? So it should be possible with a 16gb flash drive, yes?

I mean if you buy an xbox 360 slim 4gb and then they release a game that requires more GBs then they surely cant tell their customers "sorry, but you're out of luck!" ?!

But according to microsoft you can buy a 16gb flash drive to play such games? So it should be possible with a 16gb flash drive, yes?

I mean if you buy an xbox 360 slim 4gb and then they release a game that requires more GBs then they surely cant tell their customers "sorry, but you're out of luck!" ?!

I told you already, you can buy a harddrive for your console!!!

But maybe, just maybe, you put the files entirely wrong? you put them on there with windows or something else? USBMU doesn't work the same as a normal USB thumb drive, they create a virtual filesystem for you (hidden Xbox 360 folder with data files in it) windows doesn't understand how that works... you need other tools, but, from what i've heard it only installs to hdd1, probably a performance thing...

I use  a regular FTP client to transfer my files from windows to the drives in FSD 3. A hidden folder you say..... maybe the content folder is one of them hidden ones.... so maybe it will show up if I use another tool? I have enabled "Show hidden files" in my FTP client BTW.

No, it means you have to get a slim hdd case and a 2.5" SATA harddrive, or a Xbox 360 S harddrive (slim harddrive)

If I buy a new  slim harddrive will I have to reinstall FSD 3 or will I be able to put the content/0000000000000 folder on the new slim harddrive and advanced warfare will work?

I use  a regular FTP client to transfer my files from windows to the drives in FSD 3. A hidden folder you say..... maybe the content folder is one of them hidden ones.... so maybe it will show up if I use another tool? I have enabled "Show hidden files" in my FTP client BTW.

Ok... FTP to FSD... What mount path? USBMU0? USB0?

If I buy a new  slim harddrive will I have to reinstall FSD 3 or will I be able to put the content/0000000000000 folder on the new slim harddrive and advanced warfare will work?

The later :)

Ok... FTP to FSD... What mount path? USBMU0? USB0?

The later :)

I have tried to both actually; USB0 and USBMU0 but obviously this doesnt work and you need a new HDD. I think it's weird that MS forces you to buy new hardware if you buy a new game.

I have tried to both actually; USB0 and USBMU0 but obviously this doesnt work and you need a new HDD. I think it's weird that MS forces you to buy new hardware if you buy a new game.

It's not so much Microsoft that does this, it's the game studio's... they made the game so large that it doesn't fit as-is on the DVD's, another reason might be performance issues, if you put some of the larger or commonly used data on the hdd, loading times will decrease, which will increase the performance of the game ;)