RealModScene
VanZan

One cover not showing!

I have Planets vs. Zombies but when I do a scan it comes up as Popcap Collection and has no cover. When I rename it and press refresh it simply goes back to Popcap.

May I ask how does someone get the right cover when the scan fails?

Thank.

I have Planets vs. Zombies but when I do a scan it comes up as Popcap Collection and has no cover. When I rename it and press refresh it simply goes back to Popcap.

May I ask how does someone get the right cover when the scan fails?

Thank.

The only way to do it is to find the TitleID and uploading a cover to xboxunity.net

Nice one mate. The TITLEID for the one I've got is 504787d8 but Xbox Unity already has a listing for Plants vs. Zombies (584109FF). lol probably be easier just to re download!!!

download the cover to the pc then use webui to load it to the 360

Doesn't work in Aurora...

I had the same problem and solved it with the following steps:

1) Get the game title ID (either from Aurora interface or from xboxunity.net)
2) Using other dashboard (FSD or XEXmenu), go to Aurora folder, then: Data/GameData
3) Find the folder that has the title id of the game, then delete everything inside this folder (or just GameCoverInfo.bin, but not sure)

Now try going again to the game in Aurora, and try to refresh (from game options, LS left on the screenshot button then A)

I had the same problem and solved it with the following steps:

1) Get the game title ID (either from Aurora interface or from xboxunity.net)

2) Using other dashboard (FSD or XEXmenu), go to Aurora folder, then: Data/GameData

3) Find the folder that has the title id of the game, then delete everything inside this folder (or just GameCoverInfo.bin, but not sure)

Now try going again to the game in Aurora, and try to refresh (from game options, LS left on the screenshot button then A)

You don't have to delete any of those files, doing that refresh option you mentioned should download everything from the net again... if the cover is missing it's probably because it's not available on xboxunity.net for that particular TitleID

• Like 1

lol yeah I was thinking the same but wasn't confident enough to say....basically the "solution" is deleting it's cover and re-downloading it??!?

• Like 1

You don't have to delete any of those files, doing that refresh option you mentioned should download everything from the net again... if the cover is missing it's probably because it's not available on xboxunity.net for that particular TitleID

lol yeah I was thinking the same but wasn't confident enough to say....basically the "solution" is deleting it's cover and re-downloading it??!?

Guys, like you never had to just close something and open it again to make things work again without any logical reasons?

As I said, I actually had a problem with a title cover before and the refresh button didn't work then, so I had to delete the files manually and that solved the problem and made the cover download successfully. I think there is a bug occurs (rarely to be honest) that makes the refresh function unable to delete these files.

I had the Plants vs. Zombie game before with the correct cover in Aurora, so that's why I thought the problem "might" be with the refresh process itself like the problem I had before.

Guys, like you never had to just close something and open it again to make things work again without any logical reasons?

As I said, I actually had a problem with a title cover before and the refresh button didn't work then, so I had to delete the files manually and that solved the problem and made the cover download successfully. I think there is a bug occurs (rarely to be honest) that makes the refresh function unable to delete these files.

I had the Plants vs. Zombie game before with the correct cover in Aurora, so that's why I thought the problem "might" be with the refresh process itself like the problem I had before.

I've had such issues before, but as a developer i understand why that works... what happens when you close it and open it up again is that all memory is read in once again, maybe there was a slight memory issue or some stupid shit in the code causing it? who knows!

In this particular case i don't think it actually deletes the files, it just overwrites them... i could be wrong tho, gotta check with the developers who wrote this function :)

I've had such issues before, but as a developer i understand why that works... what happens when you close it and open it up again is that all memory is read in once again, maybe there was a slight memory issue or some stupid shit in the code causing it? who knows!

In this particular case i don't think it actually deletes the files, it just overwrites them... i could be wrong tho, gotta check with the developers who wrote this function :)

Well, I used to be a developer myself, but I spent long time trying to get myself to speak "non-technical" language since I deal now with zero-technical people in my new work  :baby:

So forgive me if I tend to use extra-simple (and accordingly not so accurate) language.

I know of course the logic behind the "restart" and the memory flushing thing. I also didn't mean that the code actually "deletes" the file, and it makes more sense if it's replacing or even editing the file.

What happens was that I found for some reason that the file "GameCoverInfo.bin" became a zero-byte file and the refresh function fails to overwrite/edit this file since the modified date never changes. That was fixed by deleting all files manually from another dashboard and attempt to refresh again.