RealModScene
Thorz

Have screwed up... big time :( Profile transfer corruption

I am feeling dizzy...

I have had my profile on my retail box for almost 7 years. Started as a Live profile but after my box got banned in 2011 I continued using it offline since. Saved games for 10s of games and achievements are linked to it. Today I decided that I was going to transfer it from that box to my newly acquired RGH.

I had the bright idea of using a USB memory stick for doing this. I have never, in all these years, used USB to profile storage so was totally unaware that something bad could happen if you REMOVED THE DAMN THING BEFORE SIGNING OUT FIRST!

Well, Mr. Morphy's law was once again confirmed :(

The worst part is that I have no idea why I decided to MOVE the profile to the stick instead of just copying it. Now I am sitting with a USB stick that holds a corrupted profile when I am trying to read it on the RGH box.

I don't care for the achievements, what I care is for the saved games. I did not transferred the games, just the profile, but I am afraid that the saved games are linked to that special profile, and cannot be used by another one.

I can still see all my games and saves stored on the retail using the NXE. But I tried to copy for example Braid (XBLA) with all its saves from the hard disk on the retail into USB and I just got a message that "this item cannot be transferred between profiles" or something like that.

Is there any way that I can repair the corrupted profile on the USB stick or transfer these saved games from the hard drive on the retail to a new profile on the RGH?

Thanks for your help

im sure that you will need a program to adapt that profile from one xbox to another i had this problem be4 i will do a search and see what i can dig up but like i said im sure that you need a prog to change the profile from one xbox to another because it needs the key changed from one to the other or somet like that 

have you still got the original profile on your other xbox ?

No. Instead of copying it to the memory stick I MOVED it  :wallbash:  :ouch:

No. Instead of copying it to the memory stick I MOVED it  :wallbash:  :ouch:

It should not remove it before it's done transfering it...

It was done transferring it. The profile was just 5MB big and the stick was on the Xbox for maybe 20 minutes. I got the message that the transfer was done, but the profile was still signed in when I pulled the USB stick it from the box.

I think i should have signed out from the profile before pulling the stick out. It is the only explanation I can think of, but as I told before I am not familiar with having profiles saved in USB memory units. Mine has always been stored on the internal HDD.

Is there any hope in using that saved game files that still are in the HDD, or they are just useless without the profile?

It was done transferring it. The profile was just 5MB big and the stick was on the Xbox for maybe 20 minutes. I got the message that the transfer was done, but the profile was still signed in when I pulled the USB stick it from the box.

I think i should have signed out from the profile before pulling the stick out. It is the only explanation I can think of, but as I told before I am not familiar with having profiles saved in USB memory units. Mine has always been stored on the internal HDD.

Is there any hope in using that saved game files that still are in the HDD, or they are just useless without the profile?

I solved a similar problem for another guy... it might be possible to recover your profile aswell, it's just not very easy...

I solved a similar problem for another guy... it might be possible to recover your profile aswell, it's just not very easy...

Worth a try if you are willing to share the procedure. I have not done anything yet to the USB stick.

Thank you very much Swizzy

Worth a try if you are willing to share the procedure. I have not done anything yet to the USB stick.

Thank you very much Swizzy

It's basically that you open the profile file (even tho it's 'corrupted') and extracting the ID from it, then you put this ID in a new profile... some games require stuff to be added to your profile before they work, so you might have to start over some games before your save will work...

I can't really explain it to you, because it's not something i do alot, i do it quite rarely... and therefor have to think and look at things as i go...

Thanks. Does this mean that I basically cannot do shit with the save files for all the games without this profile file? Even if the saved games are still in the HDD and visible in the NXE?

Thanks. Does this mean that I basically cannot do shit with the save files for all the games without this profile file? Even if the saved games are still in the HDD and visible in the NXE?

The dashboard use your profile to know which save(s) to use ;)

For anyone guessing about the save game files. I found the answer to this, it was just too late for me because the hole HDD that had these files has been erased (as I was thinking I could not use any of the things that were left on it). Maybe someone else can use this info:

You can basically transfer any save file from one profile to another using this editor:

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/save-games/9344-xbox-360-save-editor-download-resign-change-ids-anonymise.html

• Like 1