RealModScene
s8n

is this a 16MB / 256MB or 512MB Jasper ?

hi members ,  i just got today in the mail a Jasper that will be my guinea pig for my first RGH attempt

i am trying to figure out if its a 16MB / 256MB or 512MB Jasper ,  in the memory options no memory unit is there so i believe its a 16MB NAND.

buzz me some time with a confirm or correct info

chat soon

The easiest way to Identify your JASPER Motherboard Revisions Either it is 16MB or 256MB or 512 MB is to check NANDPRO Flashconfig 

The Flashconfig depends on the motherboard version, other valid values are as follows: 

FLASHCONFIG - MOTHERBOARD TYPE

01198010 - Xenon, Zephyr, Opus, Falcon

00023010 - Jasper 16mb, Trinity 16mb

008A3020 - Jasper 256mb

00AA3020 - Jasper 512mb

The attached picture shows it is either a Xenon or Zephyr or Opus or Falcon motherboard depending on the which power connector you've got.post-16724-14007493947147_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Miro using Tapatalk

The easiest way to Identify your JASPER Motherboard Revisions Either it is 16MB or 256MB or 512 MB is to check NANDPRO Flashconfig

The Flashconfig depends on the motherboard version, other valid values are as follows:

FLASHCONFIG - MOTHERBOARD TYPE

01198010 - Xenon, Zephyr, Opus, Falcon

00023010 - Jasper 16mb, Trinity 16mb

008A3020 - Jasper 256mb

00AA3020 - Jasper 512mb

The attached picture shows it is either a Xenon or Zephyr or Opus or Falcon motherboard depending on the which power connector you've got.attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1400749343515.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Miro using Tapatalk

How is that easier then booting it up and checking the memory unit size?

No memory unit == 16mb

400+mb memory unit == 512mb console, anything else is 256mb...

Also, there are rare cases with jaspers that have the old flashconfig ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hi guys thanks for your replies ,  yeah theres no memory unit so this is a 16MB

thats the end of this chapter ,  progressing further into RGH

hi guys thanks for your replies ,  yeah theres no memory unit so this is a 16MB

thats the end of this chapter ,  progressing further into RGH

Pay attention to what Swizzy said about there being an "old" Flash Config for 16MB Jasper boards.

If you see Flash Config 0x01198010, you must use the "jaspersb" image type when building your image.

I believe his GUI will select the correct radio button when you load your NAND image as the source :).

• Like 1

Pay attention to what Swizzy said about there being an "old" Flash Config for 16MB Jasper boards.

If you see Flash Config 0x01198010, you must use the "jaspersb" image type when building your image.

I believe his GUI will select the correct radio button when you load your NAND image as the source :).

Not for this type i'm afraid, it doesn't know the difference other then that it's a 16MB Jasper (it checks the CB Bootloader and size of the nand file for that)

i understand what your saying BL4K3Y great tip but with Swizzy's response im thrown off what to do ................

let me know what i should be doing ,  as in type me a little mini guide/tut/explanation

remember im still learning RGH

i understand what your saying BL4K3Y great tip but with Swizzy's response im thrown off what to do ................

let me know what i should be doing , as in type me a little mini guide/tut/explanation

remember im still learning RGH

Start by reading up on how to dump your nand, then check the flashconfig... if the flashconfig is what bl4k3y said, then talk to me or someone else here, otherwise proceed according to whatever guide you want to follow :)

What bl4k3y mentioned is very rare, only a handful of ppl have that, most have the other one (the one that is considered normal)

thanks Swizzy...............

if the flashconfig is what bl4k3y said, then talk to me or someone else here

i understand that no problemo

btw im learning from a couple of Tutorials online , Youtube videos and asking questions at these forums and TX forums

chat soon

You learn from whatever method seems best for you, i'd recommend asking here if you have anything you aren't sure of, and also... don't write anything to the board untill you are sure that you know what to do... (basically, don't just follow the tutorial or whatever as you go, check all of it before you start so you know what you are going to be doing, ask any questions you might have before you start, then ask if you are having problems later on)

Btw, what dashboard does your console have? And what hack are you planning on installing? jtag, rgh 1.0, rgh 2.0 or r-jtag?

On the tx forums ppl tend to treat you like shit if you don't know what you are doing and especially if you are not using their products... i cannot say they are always the best, sometimes they are, other times they're not...

hi Swizzy ,

You learn from whatever method seems best for you, i'd recommend asking here if you have anything you aren't sure of, and also... don't write anything to the board untill you are sure that you know what to do... (basically, don't just follow the tutorial or whatever as you go, check all of it before you start so you know what you are going to be doing, ask any questions you might have before you start, then ask if you are having problems later on)

thats really encouraging and sweet thanks for that.............

Btw, what dashboard does your console have? And what hack are you planning on installing? jtag, rgh 1.0, rgh 2.0 or r-jtag?

the Dash is on 16537 ,  im planning on installing a Coolrunner 4 which i think will be ready for purchase in 6 to 8 weeks and will be purchasing a J-Runner Programmer as well.

oh and QSB's too ,  its difficult to say whether V3's will work with the new CR4's

oh and QSB's too ,  its difficult to say whether V3's will work with the new CR4's

Personally i hate QSB's because you can easily end up with a short underneath it, or they could be shorted from factory... and they're a royal pita to remove once installed (without causing damage to the console)