RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
tx3

Port Forwarding

hi with my router TP-Link i did not manage to open ports for my xbox ..to use link

i followed this guide 

Every Thing You Need to Know to Make LiNK Work - Tutorials - RealModScene

the part that confused me is this

once in the router’s setup page, navigate to networks and look for something called either UPnP or NAT (NAT=UPnP --- UPnP=NAT --- they both are same) and tick it if its not already ticked and if it is, then LEAVE IT ALONE. Next, navigate to application, under it click port forwarding and give it a rule name e.g. xbox, give it a ip address e.g. in my case its 192.168.2.76 
there are 14 devices that are connected to my router; so that means ip address from 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.15 are already assigned. I took 76 because that way I know my xbox’s ip address will never conflict with other devices.

Go to port range and type 1 in first box and 62222 in the next and select udp and tcp both.
- Just be more sure that all your ports are forwarded correctly, you can insert your xbox’s ip address in the DMZ box and enable it. That way you are 100% sure that all your ports are forwarded.

here is my Interface 

Posted Image

the point with  "Go to port range and type 1 in first box and 62222 in the next and select udp and tcp both". confuses me a lot.
i dont know wher to go -  Virtual Servers`?
or is it - Port Triggering?

thats how Virtual Servers looks like

sorry for my bad english you guys....
Posted Image

You set it in the second one (Virtual Servers) but, i highly DO NOT recommend that you do as he said "forward range 1 to 62222" because it'll open your box to the world completly, it's like using DMZ...

Instead, add 2 forwards; one for the Broadcast (same as the one you've set in the F3 settings) and one for the Data... (again same as in F3 settings)

I know it would be bad to put a pc in your DMZ. But what would be the danger of putting an xbox on the DMZ? It's not like there's any security exploits for the xbox 360 console. Are there?

I need a static IP adress for that right?

my setup right now is something like this

router ...>laptop...>LAN ...>Xbox

i never did this before, how do i set it up right

i go to NXE ..change under Network from Auto to Manually and put an IP adress, as i wish ..something like 192.168.1.X right?

DNS gets the Router IP (Gataway) ...but do i need to do something more ..like on the Router interface?

and second question do i need to update dashlaunch .. I am on 3.09

If you're using Internet Connection Sharing to connect your xbox to your network via the laptop, then it should pick up an IP address automatically (if DHCP is enabled on the router). If you decide to statically set the IP Adress you need to be on the same subnet as the router. So if your router is 192.168.1.1, then your laptop and xbox needs to be something like 192.168.1.X.

It's always best policy to have the latest software on your RGH/JTAG (especially if you plan on using link). Dashlaunch 3.11 and FSD 3 v775 are the latest.

hey ...i now managed to give my xbox an static IP

the only thing that still dont work is to open up the ports

my setup is still router>laptop>lan>xbox

what i did was Virtual Services

and i add

1000 TCP

1000 UCP

1001 TCP

1001 UCP

what can i do more