RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shuraim Ahmet

connecting xbox to laptop

Hey guyz, I havent LCD tv but i do have hdmi port in my laptop, so is there anyway i could play my xbox on my laptop via this hdmi port?

Most likely; no... you cannot... because as Doctor Stewie mentioned, it's most likely an output port... so there's nothing that can make it go the other way...

I've seen my buddy play it through his laptop before. But it was an alienware, and like Swizzy and Dr. Stewey both said, he had an hdmi INPUT port. You cant find a tv with the standard composite connection?

Thanx guyz my laptop model is: HP pavilion g6-225tu, can i play via connecting magic box to my lcd monitor?

Does it say that the HDMI port is Input/Output or nothing about it in the manual? if there's nothing about it, it's safe to assume it's output... and seeing as it's a HP it's most likely NOT input... thus, if you want to use your computer as a monitor you need external hardware that can read the output on HDMI and show it to you on the computer monitor... (most likely not going to work well anyways due tothe speeds required to do so)