RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shuraim Ahmet

Fan speed

Hey guyz, I have set my fan speed to maximum and noise is not a problem coz I always plug in my earphones,so are there any other disadvantges of max fan speed apart from noise which is not a problemo.

Cheers all.

One of the dissadvantages of having the fan running at full speed 24/7 is that you'll cause alot more wear on it then you would normally... meaning you're shortening the life span of the fan...

• Like 1

One of the dissadvantages of having the fan running at full speed 24/7 is that you'll cause alot more wear on it then you would normally... meaning you're shortening the life span of the fan...

Thanks Mate. I usually get to play it 2 hours per day as i work and study is it ok then to have a max fan speed.

Thanks Mate. I usually get to play it 2 hours per day as i work and study is it ok then to have a max fan speed.

I Guess, it's not like you shave off 20 years of use or anything like that, the difference isn't huge... you'll likely get another console before you have problems with the fans because you've used them at 100%... of course, having them run 24/7 at full speed will cause serious damage to the fans after a few years (compared to running it in normal speeds)... 

I Guess, it's not like you shave off 20 years of use or anything like that, the difference isn't huge... you'll likely get another console before you have problems with the fans because you've used them at 100%... of course, having them run 24/7 at full speed will cause serious damage to the fans after a few years (compared to running it in normal speeds)... 

Thanx once again, So plz tell me the ideal fan speed which will not damage anything while also keeping console cool. And suppose if anything happens to the fan will i have to change the entire console or just get a new fan?

fans have a long life span,,its the build up of dust inside and on the heatsinks i would watch out for,, 

Thanx once again, So plz tell me the ideal fan speed which will not damage anything while also keeping console cool. And suppose if anything happens to the fan will i have to change the entire console or just get a new fan?

I ussually recommend changing the temps instead of the fanspeed... if you lower the temp values the console will increase the fan speed but not lock it... if you're going to lock it... use 100%
  • Like 1

Im setting temperature 50.50,50 is it ok?

Yes, anything below 65 should be safe :)