RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Viper5

Upgrade HDD size

I currently have a 360 phat with RGH.  I would like to be able to upgrade my internal HDD from 120GB to something higher.  What is the maximum size the Xbox will recognize for the internal drive and also are there specific types of drives that will work or any 2.5"?  Thanks.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbup:

Is it just plug and play or do I format through the xbox itself? I mean after I convert to fat32 and to get the partions on it?

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbup:

Is it just plug and play or do I format through the xbox itself? I mean after I convert to fat32 and to get the partions on it?

You need to format it in the xbox once you've installed the new harddrive ;)

Thank you all for the reply's,

The other post talks more about an external drive (I currently have one). I am interested in increasing size on Internal storage. Now if I may ask, how do I get the xbox to reconize the HDD and create the partions correctly if its bigger than 320? I bought a WD3200BPVT HDD a while back, followed a tutorial to change files on it so that it would work with the 360. Will I be able to transfer(via transfer cable) all my contant from current HDD. Will the xbox format only up tp 320 or will I have option to select size to format? Is there a tutorial I should follow for this upgrade? I have rgh running fsd3/dashlaunch, current dashboard ver,offline.

Sorry for all the question, just excited to find out about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for the reply's,

The other post talks more about an external drive (I currently have one). I am interested in increasing size on Internal storage. Now if I may ask, how do I get the xbox to reconize the HDD and create the partions correctly if its bigger than 320? I bought a WD3200BPVT HDD a while back, followed a tutorial to change files on it so that it would work with the 360. Will I be able to transfer(via transfer cable) all my contant from current HDD. Will the xbox format only up tp 320 or will I have option to select size to format? Is there a tutorial I should follow for this upgrade? I have rgh running fsd3/dashlaunch, current dashboard ver,offline.

Sorry for all the question, just excited to find out about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you have  a JTAG/RGH you just format it as-is, it'll use the entire disc... the thing you did before was add security sectors which is used by the original dashboard to verify that it's indeed a Microsoft branded harddrive (and what size it should have) one of the patches done with JTAG/RGH is to disable that check which means it can use ANY harddrive with ANY size... (the limit is the filesystem)