RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
dolphinx

FSD FAN SETTINGS

I have slim x360, matrix chip ver1 and FSD 3 updated to latest 735 without any problems

As always fan settings come Auto, 60% ...

When set to Auto cpu temp. after an hour with Crysis 3 is 76 C

when set to 60% cpu temp. after an hour with Crysis 3 is 54 C but too loud

Is there a way - a future setting  - to adjust fan speed at 30% or 40% from FSD dash

use dashlaunch to control your fan setting.

Don't forget to take into account "room temp". Have you heating turned on, have you the xbox sitting on top of other devices (DVD players, sat boxes, etc...)

My temp usually hits 78-81c but doesn't bother me.

wow i have mine set to 70%,and they are usually in mid to late 40's, there are people over on 360iso,saying the new update meesing up your temps and slows your ftp speeds right down,me personally have not seen any change,think it rubbish but could be wrong,but cant see how update would effect these things?.

• Like 1

I keep mine at 100%. I might have to replace my fan sooner but that is a whole lot better than replacing my system. I have seen no difference in temps since updating.Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

There is no change in temperatures with the latest update

Also I hear strange buzzing noise sometimes for a short time at AUTO setting  when I enter or exit games, at some levels etc.

When at 65% this buzzing sound is even higher

I have slim x360, matrix chip ver1 and FSD 3 updated to latest 735 without any problems

As always fan settings come Auto, 60% ...

When set to Auto cpu temp. after an hour with Crysis 3 is 76 C

when set to 60% cpu temp. after an hour with Crysis 3 is 54 C but too loud

Is there a way - a future setting  - to adjust fan speed at 30% or 40% from FSD dash

You can actually set your target temperatures in Dashlaunch, the fan will automatically change it's speed to maintain the temps you set.Just make it run under 60s (: 

Don't forget to set it to auto is FSD.

Changing temperatures from Daslaunch's System Information;

Fan set to AUTO, then - without touching CPU override and without  checking box next to it - I dropped CPU,GPU,RAM temperatures to 60,60,60

and next boot fan started even more louder.  CPU override's original value was set to 40% and it was far louder than FSD's 65% fan setting

I put the settings to its original values.

Now I consider adjusting CPU override to 30% and checking box next to it

It would be far better if FSD Team adds Fan Settings like 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% next to AUTO

I think 40% will be enough to maintain temperatures at 60C after playing Crysis 3 for 2hrs

If you have a silent and cool configuration set from Dashlaunch for CPU,GPU,RAM and CPU override value (box needs to be checked or not)

please write

I also experienced below before;

From dashlaunch adjusted CPU,GPU,RAM to 55C, checked  box next to CPU override remaining at 40%

when I returned back to FSD fan was silent when compared to 65% of FSD fan setting but

when I moved it  from AUTO to 65% from FSD, fan started spinning crazy, even more than 100% setting of FSD

I restarted console and I saw that it was more louder and faster than 100% when turning from AUTO  65% was selected

I erased and re-installed dashlaunch and now it is OK

Fan set to AUTO, then - without touching CPU override and without  checking box next to it - I dropped CPU,GPU,RAM temperatures to 60,60,60

and next boot fan started even more louder.  CPU override's original value was set to 40% and it was far louder than FSD's 65% fan setting

It would be far better if FSD Team adds Fan Settings like 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% next to AUTO

I think 40% will be enough to maintain temperatures at 60C after playing Crysis 3 for 2hrs

If you have a silent and cool configuration set from Dashlaunch for CPU,GPU,RAM and CPU override value (box needs to be checked or not)

please write

From dashlaunch adjusted CPU,GPU,RAM to 55C, checked  box next to CPU override remaining at 40%

when I returned back to FSD fan was silent when compared to 65% of FSD fan setting but

when I moved it  from AUTO to 65% from FSD, fan started spinning crazy, even more than 100% setting of FSD

I restarted console and I saw that it was more louder and faster than 100% when turning from AUTO  65% was selected

i have the same problem cpu:80c° with 60mn of playing when fanspeed is AUTO .but I did not understand what your last solution . can you help me

please write

It's not at all better, in reality what you're doing when you set your fans at a low speed is steer your box down the road to RROD...  if you don't want to hear the box... put it in a different room and set the fans to max (100%)

Setting static fan settings is a BAD thing (unless of course you set it to the maximum) the recommended method of changing how the temps are in the box is to lower the treshold values... of course, this does come at a price... higher noise...

Low noise + low temperature don't come hand in hand, never has, never will... not without swapping the entire cooling system to a water cooling system anyways, that's the one possible method of having low temps and low noise levels...

Setting target temp  in dashlaunch will keep the xbox cool

Hi,

How do I set a value in dashlaunch? (max. 65°C ideal)

normal temperature while playing is 77 ° C (this is normal?)

settings only: auto, 65%.....100%

thank you

Hi,How do I set a value in dashlaunch? (max. 65°C ideal)normal temperature while playing is 77 ° C (this is normal?)settings only: auto, 65%.....100%thank you

Start the dashlaunch installer, find the console information thingy and there you will have console temperature settings, you do NOT want to mess with the fans (which is what you're talking about when saying auto, 65%.....100%)~ 77 C is ok for some models, not all, and it all depends on what temperatures you have in the room which you're playing... some will have very cold temperatures while others cannot reach those because the outside air is to warm...