RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
saywaking

[Aurora] Open Game Path, from Gamelist to file manager

It would be nice to jump from a game into the right folder with filemanager

I looked for Title Id or game folder or DLC. You have to remeber these and navigate through the whole filesystem

I know it is trivial but it could speed up things. And i know title ids have the game names next to it. But for some reason some arent named.

Also for installation processes it could be a nice feature to jump from the game information into the right folder.

• Like 1

Those that are named are taken from xboxunity, those that aren't named are likely not on xboxunity...

It's a nice request tho, to have the ability to set the filemanager path from the details scene... maybe we'll look into it for future updates :)

• Like 1

It would be nice to jump from a game into the right folder with filemanager

I looked for Title Id or game folder or DLC. You have to remeber these and navigate through the whole filesystem

I know it is trivial but it could speed up things. And i know title ids have the game names next to it. But for some reason some arent named.

Also for installation processes it could be a nice feature to jump from the game information into the right folder.

In looking into this option- we can only open the filemanager to the folder the game exists in.   So if you were thinking this could open up to where your TUs and DLC is located, I have some bad news-  

Big problem with that is DLC/TUs can live on multiple devices-  I can try to guess where you want me to go, but ill never be right 100% of the time for every person.   

So with that, I am working toward getting it to open to the path of the game.  If the game is located in Content/0000/ then it'll open there, if its located in hdd1/Games/Blur it will open there

Well i guess that would be enough in most cases.

Didnt think DLCs would make a problem as you can see them if they are installed or not. I mean they also show up their paths dont they?

Well i guess that would be enough in most cases.

Didnt think DLCs would make a problem as you can see them if they are installed or not. I mean they also show up their paths dont they?

I believe there is a API in the kernel which gives us the name of any DLC that's installed for title x, those won't be needing the path to it...

• Like 1