RealModScene
nahoul

New installation. a few questions (cover download, keyboard issue, Game names)

hello,

i just installed Aurora, looks great so far. trying to get used to it.

i am facing 2 issues, i can't entermy username and password into the Unity section. the keyboard opens up, but i can't click anything. only action available is closing the kjeyboard by pressing the guide button. unless i fix this, i won't have any covers.

i don\t think this is an Aurora issue though.. i tried using keyboard on xbox official settings, it works. i tried typing info in FSD and Aurora, keyboard doesn't respond. what do you guys think is happening.

issue 2: 

i am guessing this is related to how the folder name Disc or DVD is spelled. some games show up on my List in this format:

Game Name Disc 1

Game name Disc 2

some show up like this, i would have to open it to figure out what it is.:

Disk1 or DVD1 or Disc1. i noticed none is called Disc 1, so i am guessing i should follow this format.

HOWEVER, more pain. my games names are = folder name. not the name in the Media ID (or whatever method is used to get the name in FSD). is this because i have no unity username and password. i don't need to see my games in this format: Deadpool.XBOX360-RegionFree-PAL etc. :(

thanks.

issue one is resolved. i had a controller charging and assigned number 1. as soon as i disconnected it and turned it off. got my controller to become #1. keyboard works again.

Aurora starts by getting the game name from either the folder or file (xex or god header) then it should download information about the game from xbox.com (if you don't have livestrong enabled) which changes the name to the official title as seen on xbox.com

thanks. issue resolved once i got my xboxunity log in sorted out. many of the covers are visible now. now all of them though!

you commented on another post of mine that there are scripts to hide multi disc entries. 

I checked the skins and scripts section. can't find it. do you have it saved anywhere? 

i still have several game entries called DVD1, DVD2, DISC1, etc
and i have many games showing up twice. usually one with cover and one without.
i am going to put in the suggestions page on Aurora to add displaying folder location of a game entry. in FSD, i click the game, hit details. and delete. i could see the folder path.

thanks.

thanks. issue resolved once i got my xboxunity log in sorted out. many of the covers are visible now. now all of them though!

you commented on another post of mine that there are scripts to hide multi disc entries. 

I checked the skins and scripts section. can't find it. do you have it saved anywhere? 

i still have several game entries called DVD1, DVD2, DISC1, etc

and i have many games showing up twice. usually one with cover and one without.

i am going to put in the suggestions page on Aurora to add displaying folder location of a game entry. in FSD, i click the game, hit details. and delete. i could see the folder path.

thanks.

It's a user script that should be included with all the latest builds of Aurora, otherwise you can find all of my filters and other Aurora scripts here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts

You can see the folder path of each game aswell if you want to in aurora, it's called subtitles and is located above the Synopsis, you can select from a number of scripts what to display, you can also add new ones if you want to (if you understand lua or find someone that has made what you want to add already)

It's a user script that should be included with all the latest builds of Aurora, otherwise you can find all of my filters and other Aurora scripts here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts

You can see the folder path of each game aswell if you want to in aurora, it's called subtitles and is located above the Synopsis, you can select from a number of scripts what to display, you can also add new ones if you want to (if you understand lua or find someone that has made what you want to add already)

thanks

i found multi Disc hiding in the users filters. i just didn't see it earlier :S

Few questions: 

- There are a few titles that's showing up twice. any idea why? example: Advance Warfare, Call of Duty Ghosts and a few others. some games have multiple player in disc 1 and single player in disc 2. would it be the reason? 

- thanks for the subtitles info. it seems i can't see the end of the path when it's too long. is there a trick to see the whole path. 

- Some covers are not showing up (No Cover). is that normal? i thought jqu360 tranferred to xboxUnity. wouldnt that mean the entire data base with cover collection?

- Some Games play out of DVD 1 and some out of DVD 2. is there a way to customize the list. or is it always about filters!

When booting the sp game isn't there a menu to either continue to sp or mp,if so hide the other disc

edit:missing covers could be due to an empty game folder or there are no covers for it yet & may need uploading to unity if you have them

• Like 1

thanks

i found multi Disc hiding in the users filters. i just didn't see it earlier :S

Few questions: 

- There are a few titles that's showing up twice. any idea why? example: Advance Warfare, Call of Duty Ghosts and a few others. some games have multiple player in disc 1 and single player in disc 2. would it be the reason? 

- thanks for the subtitles info. it seems i can't see the end of the path when it's too long. is there a trick to see the whole path. 

- Some covers are not showing up (No Cover). is that normal? i thought jqu360 tranferred to xboxUnity. wouldnt that mean the entire data base with cover collection?

- Some Games play out of DVD 1 and some out of DVD 2. is there a way to customize the list. or is it always about filters!

Titles showing up more than once is generally due to 2 possible reasons:

1. You have multiple copies of the same game in different directories

2. It's a multi-disc game and you don't have my script enabled to hide the second, third, fourth etc. disc

About the path not showing fully, you can modify the script, or make your own that shows smaller parts of it... there is no other way around that at this time...

Some games don't have covers on unity, all covers were imported from jqe360 when the switch occurred, however... some covers were corrupt or simply incorrect size, so, we deleted those that were corrupt or just wouldn't work due to their size... other possible reasons is that nobody has ever uploaded a cover for that game (or that version of the game to be more precise as some games may come with different TitleID's for different versions of it)

It's always about the filters, if a game needs to be started from disc2, you can tell me the TitleID of it and i'll add it as an exception to the script for you (so it shows that title no matter what)

Titles showing up more than once is generally due to 2 possible reasons:

1. You have multiple copies of the same game in different directories

2. It's a multi-disc game and you don't have my script enabled to hide the second, third, fourth etc. disc

And 3. I recently switched from GOD to iso... Directory structure remain the same (game name, disc1, disc2 folders). The ideea is that aurora not make an action like "autoclear" or "autopurge" empty/incorrect path(s)....

Sent from my ALLVIEW P5 using Tapatalk

And 3. I recently switched from GOD to iso... Directory structure remain the same (game name, disc1, disc2 folders). The ideea is that aurora not make an action like "autoclear" or "autopurge" empty/incorrect path(s)....

Yeah, but that's kinda the same thing as duplicate... and it's not very common thing... (generally when it does happen you know about it already)

What should do if I don't want to hide multidisc but instead I want to see in aurora main view multidisc title (eg. Wolfenstein disc1, disc2 ... )

What should do if I don't want to hide multidisc but instead I want to see in aurora main view multidisc title (eg. Wolfenstein disc1, disc2 ... )

You want the opposite? just copy 'n' paste the script and modify it to be the other way around? ~= instead of == or the so...

I'm not disturbed about multi disc... but when I want to play a multi disc I hit "A" and I get the second disc... that's bothered me.... :D . So I think it would be nice to see in aurora main view disc name near title.

Regardless scripting... I think I should start learning... :D

I'm not disturbed about multi disc... but when I want to play a multi disc I hit "A" and I get the second disc... that's bothered me.... :D . So I think it would be nice to see in aurora main view disc name near title.

Regardless scripting... I think I should start learning... :D

Well, you can rename any title to whatever you want, iirc it's at the bottom of the details screen 1 step left

• Like 1