Jump to content
RealModScene
Denver358

Default skin with music on start up

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if someone with the correct tools and some computer smarts could please help me out. I'm after a normal standard default aurora skin with the song i have listed below in this post?

I've tried myself and dont have all the required tools, i had converted the music to wav format already, i was able to add my song to another default skin and could see my song in the list, but when i added it to my xbox the music did not play, i tinkered a bit more and now the skin doesnt even show up. to put it simply... i have no idea what im doing, i had tried for hours with many different attempts all with no luck at all, if someone knows how to do this?? and if its no dramas, and could repost the default skin with my music file, i would be mostly appreciated. Thanks

song1.wav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Assuming you have the xdk, which ca be found online, this guide will help you do exactly what you want.

this is where i got the default skin from and tried to make it work, like i said... i had my music file in replacement of the one felida put up, but it never had music after i installed it onto my console, then after that the skin didnt even show up. now here is the other problem, i have no idea what xdk is but i tried to download xuitool, but i cant get it to work like felida does and my computer hates the program. i just figured it would be easier if someone could do it for me as ive already spent hours and loss of hair trying to get this to work. it doesnt look complex with someone with computer skills. but trust me my friend when i say i know nothing about computers. surely it couldnt be hard for someone to take 5mins out of their day to help out?? i know i would if i could, but thats just me. i hope someone is kind enough to help. its not too much to ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First XDK = Xbox Development Kit. There is the Hardware and the Software parts of that. Either one is technically illegal to have, with out an express contract with microsoft. That being said, there are implementations of the hardware stuff that work on RGH consoles, and the software stuff is online, if you know where to look. I have like 6 different versions of it. I will not give links, as we dont allow that. XUItool is part of the software stuff, and you will have better luck installing the whole thing, than trying to just install xuitool. 

 

That being said, I know Devs of aurora who cant get that app to work the way felida does. The documentation for it sucks, and if you ask me the whole app sucks, which is why I dont do skins. As for the music, if you are using one of felidas music skins, all you would have to do is replace the wav file, and rename it to be exactly the same as the one that is already included in the xzp package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is my attempts... as you can see music is where it needs to be, with my music on it, but not showing up in my skins list on aurora after installation of the files. all ive done is removed the original music and replaced with mine, im just wasting time, goin around in circles

Default1.xzp

default_music.xzp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Denver358 said:

So here is my attempts... as you can see music is where it needs to be, with my music on it, but not showing up in my skins list on aurora after installation of the files. all ive done is removed the original music and replaced with mine, im just wasting time, goin around in circles

Default1.xzp

default_music.xzp

Did you rename the wav to the exact same file name? Did you convert the wav accordingly with audacity? Just because you have a .wav extension.. doesnt mean the bitrate/ect is supported.. it is kinda picky when it comes to wavs.. 

 

Edit: I'll take a look in a few.. 

 

edit 2: ok so i am assuming your "default1.xzp" is the one you are trying to use correct? well there is an issue with it.. i cant open with xuipkg.. so there lies your problem.. i have no clue what you used to open/repack the skin.. but DEF is why it does not show up, as the file is corrupt or something..

xuipkg : error : invalid archive format: default1.xzp

that is the error i am getting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, felida said:

Did you rename the wav to the exact same file name? Did you convert the wav accordingly with audacity? Just because you have a .wav extension.. doesnt mean the bitrate/ect is supported.. it is kinda picky when it comes to wavs.. 

 

Edit: I'll take a look in a few.. 

 

edit 2: ok so i am assuming your "default1.xzp" is the one you are trying to use correct? well there is an issue with it.. i cant open with xuipkg.. so there lies your problem.. i have no clue what you used to open/repack the skin.. but DEF is why it does not show up, as the file is corrupt or something..

xuipkg : error : invalid archive format: default1.xzp

that is the error i am getting

Thanks Felida for having a look. Both of those files were the downloaded file from your post that i just changed the sound/song1 file... which i did change to the same song name, i just renamed it, so i knew which one was which. one of those skins did show up, but no music, i tinked a bit more and then then that skin didnt show up any more, which got my blood boiling.

I had another muck around last night and this skin again shows up but with no music. i used the program to convert the music to wav format from your tut. my major problem is when i follow your tut, after you select the main.xur file and another page opens up in your tut.... i dont get that to happen. ive tried looking for this so called XDK program, but i dont know where to look, cant find it, and when i find something and download it, my computer hates it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Denver358 said:

Thanks Felida for having a look. Both of those files were the downloaded file from your post that i just changed the sound/song1 file... which i did change to the same song name, i just renamed it, so i knew which one was which. one of those skins did show up, but no music, i tinked a bit more and then then that skin didnt show up any more, which got my blood boiling.

I had another muck around last night and this skin again shows up but with no music. i used the program to convert the music to wav format from your tut. my major problem is when i follow your tut, after you select the main.xur file and another page opens up in your tut.... i dont get that to happen. ive tried looking for this so called XDK program, but i dont know where to look, cant find it, and when i find something and download it, my computer hates it

You don't need the xdk.. as I already made it super easy to just use the xuiworkshop from this site to open and replace the song.. 

 

use audacity, it's free and multi platform.. make sure you pick the Microsoft PCM conversion.. the site that is in the Tut might have changed something.. so I can't verify the site no more.. but yeah.. I can't even open the default 1st.xzp skin.. so prolly why.. I was able to open the default_music.xzp one tho.. I am not home tonight.. but feel free to pm me later and I can help more..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have downloaded xuiworkshop, but it says it's missing Trunk/extension or something like that, it opens but i have no idea what to do obviously. i have audacity now as well.

For some reason all the skins i have downloaded. eg, your default music skin and even your 1st musical skins, darkened red, blue and darkened green, none of which show up on my list of changeable skins, even before i tinker with them (freshly downloaded and straight onto xbox console, and they dont show up). i can only see my default skin. so i think im fighting a losing battle to start with, unless you have some patience with me and can kinda guide me, but honestly i dont know fuck all about computers, i just found out that "crtl a" selects all. dont laugh. but me and computers just dont agree. id need everything simplified  to bare basics. its taken me like 30 mins just to write this. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Denver358 said:

I have downloaded xuiworkshop, but it says it's missing Trunk/extension or something like that, it opens but i have no idea what to do obviously. i have audacity now as well.

For some reason all the skins i have downloaded. eg, your default music skin and even your 1st musical skins, darkened red, blue and darkened green, none of which show up on my list of changeable skins, even before i tinker with them (freshly downloaded and straight onto xbox console, and they dont show up). i can only see my default skin. so i think im fighting a losing battle to start with, unless you have some patience with me and can kinda guide me, but honestly i dont know fuck all about computers, i just found out that "crtl a" selects all. dont laugh. but me and computers just dont agree. id need everything simplified  to bare basics. its taken me like 30 mins just to write this. lol

the reason is.. my older skins and everything are for 0.5b.. i honestly cant recall if i made a default one for 0.6b mate..

i can upload one for 0.6b NP.. but you'll have to give me a few mate..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, felida said:

the reason is.. my older skins and everything are for 0.5b.. i honestly cant recall if i made a default one for 0.6b mate..

i can upload one for 0.6b NP.. but you'll have to give me a few mate..

Awesome Felida, i have no problem with waiting. Maybe as a test you can use my song file as the music for your default skin. that would be fantastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any luck yet with the musical default skin Felida?? If you havent had any time to do it yet, its all good. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Denver358 said:

Any luck yet with the musical default skin Felida?? If you havent had any time to do it yet, its all good. :D

No not yet.. lol.. I'll post link sometime today.. but I will def post a .7b immediately when that's released.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, felida said:

No not yet.. lol.. I'll post link sometime today.. but I will def post a .7b immediately when that's released.. 

Awesome, Thanks Felida. .7b does look impressive. im sure alot of ppl are hanging for its release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denver358 said:

Awesome, Thanks Felida. .7b does look impressive. im sure alot of ppl are hanging for its release.

here ya go mate.. "SHOULD" be alright.. haven't tested it as my 360 isnt even hooked up atm.. but feel free to give it a go and let me know

Default_music.xzp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, felida said:

here ya go mate.. "SHOULD" be alright.. haven't tested it as my 360 isnt even hooked up atm.. but feel free to give it a go and let me know

Default_music.xzp

One word.... "perfect"

Managed to get my music file into your Default music skin setup, and it works like a charm. thanks alot Felida. Your a Legend!!!

Edited by Denver358
spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Denver358 said:

Awesome, Thanks Felida. .7b does look impressive. im sure alot of ppl are hanging for its release.

Take it from someone who has it already, it is impressive, but there is still one major feature that needs to be finished... Though that feature shouldn't make any difference in the skin. Other than that it is down to translations. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Take it from someone who has it already, it is impressive, but there is still one major feature that needs to be finished... Though that feature shouldn't make any difference in the skin. Other than that it is down to translations. 

If i had an emoji for rubbing hands together, id be using it right now. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Denver358 said:

If i had an emoji for rubbing hands together, id be using it right now. lol

:jig::bow: <-- those 2 are pretty close to what you want.. haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, felida said:

:jig::bow: <-- those 2 are pretty close to what you want.. haha

definately this one :bow:to all involved in getting 0.7b up and running and all testers, and to you also Felida for the default skin with music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×