RealModScene
ofek1994

Content Scanning restart from scratch every time

Hello I'm having some problem with the main screen. 

I was moving some games inside the hdd which holds all the games (it's an external).

after that I deleted the scan game path and set a new one (simialer to the one I deleted) and as expected the games were scanned and added to the main screen.

So far so good but, now everytime I enter aurora (whether is when turning on the xbox or pressing the xbox button and "Freestyle Home") no game appears on the main screen and i need to set a new path and only than it will scan all of them all over again. 

I tried using different path, even set only 1 path that leads to only 1 game, and still everytime i restart aurora the main screen appears empty and It need to rescan all the games.

Any Ideas? 

Thank you

Edit:

I tried to set the path to one game, the game appeared. Than re enter aurora and as mentioned the game didn't show up, than I looked at the log(also attached), those are the line from the log of the process:

{ "time" : "19:22:07.864", "thread" : "0xF9000000", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "CScnSettingContentScan", "message" : "New Scan Path Added" }
{ "time" : "19:22:08.293", "thread" : "0xF9000034", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentManager", "message" : "Starting ScanPath:  \\Xbox360\\System\\Usb1\\DarkSouls 2" }
{ "time" : "19:22:08.752", "thread" : "0xF9000044", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameListManager", "message" : "Sorting Game List" }
{ "time" : "19:22:08.913", "thread" : "0xF9000044", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameListManager", "message" : "Filter Game List" }
{ "time" : "19:22:08.937", "thread" : "0xF9000000", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "SwapActiveListEvent", "message" : "Swap Active List Event Executing..." }
{ "time" : "19:22:09.067", "thread" : "0xF9000034", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentManager", "message" : "Finished ScanPath:  \\Xbox360\\System\\Usb1\\DarkSouls 2" }
{ "time" : "19:22:09.076", "thread" : "0xF9000034", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentManager", "message" : "Starting Extraction:  ContentID[1810] - DarkSouls 2" }
{ "time" : "19:22:09.157", "thread" : "0xF9000034", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentItem", "message" : "Extracting 'DARK SOULS â…¡' GameIcon:  TRUE" }
{ "time" : "19:22:09.319", "thread" : "0xF9000034", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentItem", "message" : "Extracting 'DARK SOULS â…¡' Background:  TRUE" }
{ "time" : "19:22:09.365", "thread" : "0xF9000034", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentManager", "message" : "Completed Extraction:  ContentID[1810] - DARK SOULS â…¡" }
{ "time" : "19:22:10.084", "thread" : "0xF900003C", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentManager", "message" : "ParsMarketplaceXML - Failed to Parse XML File" }
{ "time" : "19:22:10.094", "thread" : "0xF900003C", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentManager", "message" : "ParsMarketplaceOfferXML - Failed to Parse XML File" }

could it be the:

"ParsMarketplaceXML - Failed to Parse XML File" }
"ParsMarketplaceOfferXML - Failed to Parse XML File"

which cause the problem?

Edited by ofek1994
  • Like 3

Try to increase the depth of the scan path to 5 or 6

Hey,

I tried every scan depth, it doesn't seem to effect the problem

Delete the data folder and start fresh, something has corrupted the database for some reason...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Delete the data folder and start fresh, something has corrupted the database for some reason...

Sent from my SM-G903F

alright thank you,

Not sure how this work, can I just delete the old folder and paste a new one or I need to install it?

You need to open something else, delete the folder and start Aurora, it will then generate everything from scratch

Sent from my SM-G903F

You need to open something else, delete the folder and start Aurora, it will then generate everything from scratch

Sent from my SM-G903F

delete only the data folder right?

any suggetions on which "something else" to use? xex menu doesn't show me the drive which Aurora is installed on and I can seem to make FTP work as well

How about another instance of Aurora? (Another folder)

Sent from my SM-G903F

How about another instance of Aurora? (Another folder)

Sent from my SM-G903F

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  It's working now!! THANK YOU so much man