RealModScene
Bryan Sanders

Are Title Updates Linked To Profile?

Swizzy, I had all title updates installed for one of my three 2TB HDD's with 576 games on it.  With info from one of your other posts, I copied the three "e.." folders found in "HDD1://content/" from my other HDD to this one.  Upon doing so, now every game shows a cloud next to the title update, rather than the lit console icon, clearly not recognizing that any of these TU's exist.  I had all TU's installed on my USB0 2TB drive using the "Y Change Device" option in Aurora.  I checked, and they're all still in Aurora/Data/TitleUpdates.  What happened???  Did my copying "e.." folders to HDD1 overwrite something regarding TU's even though they were installed on USB0?

While on this topic, my last question would be. . . I've gathered that you can't go by the latest version of a TU for a game, because often times Version 5, for example, will be 23.2MB, while version 3 might be 35.8MB, clearly a more recent version given that later updates include everything previous updates had.  To D/L latest TU, is it always the best option to go with the largest?

• Like 2

You need to edit the database, if you moved the files manually, or aurora doesnt know they exist. Title updates are not linked to profile, DLC/Live Arcade are, but that is what XM360 and xblapatch/contpatch are for in dashlaunch.

You want the latest version, the TU's can grow or Shrink, it all depends on what the developers changed, they may have reverted a change and fixed it in another way for instance, that may result in a smaller updater, despite having the previous fixes implemented...

I do believe TU's also have some form of compression, that means the size of the TU may differ largely depending on how the data inside looks as the compression will compress certain data better then other data etc.

Sent from my SM-G903F