R-JTAG Falcon Xell no boot problem

Glitch/Nand reader products used: JR Programmer V2 (clone), CR4

Console Type: Falcon

Nand size: 16mb

Dashboard version: 17489

CB Version: 5774

J-Runner NAND screenshot: Attached

J-Runner Log: Attached

Pictures of install not attached (poor quality, no macro)

Hi, I have attempted my first R-JTAG on a phat Falcon and after writing Xell my console will not boot.

The green debug light on the CR4 blinks every couple of seconds after turning it on.

The console worked before the install.

I followed Noobert's install guide and Coolshrimps wire only install guide as I had no QSB's.

I read the nand about 6 times just to be sure and they were the same.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

J-Runner Log.txt

post-78209-0-81285300-1471712564_thumb.jpg

After looking over the log from j-Runner, I would suggest checking your wiring, and when you run the rater with the CR4, you need to run it as cor3+, and not phat, as phat expects full post monitoring. Images always help with install troubles, and I do recall reading that there was a bad batch of CR4s that wouldnt boot phat consoles.

• Like 2

Here are some pics, sorry for the quality you can't really see the soldering but you can see if I've put the wires in the right place at least.

post-78209-0-13043100-1471721441_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-97802100-1471721447_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-94982900-1471721450_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-35826500-1471721463_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-52082600-1471721489_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-18961600-1471721493_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-68316700-1471721511_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-75294300-1471721527_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-48274300-1471721534_thumb.jpg

post-78209-0-42249200-1471721538_thumb.jpg

Will try and get some better pics cheers, it'd be just my luck that picked up one of those dud ones! I actually asked the seller if he'd had any customer complaints or comments regarding phats not booting before I bought the CR4, he said there wasn't so I took a chance.

le

Will try and get some better pics cheers, it'd be just my luck that picked up one of those dud ones! I actually asked the seller if he'd had any customer complaints or comments regarding phats not booting before I bought the CR4, he said there wasn't so I took a chance.

Are you aware that the current batch of CR4 XL isnt compatible with phat models :); Ive heard that a programming error occurred during the production. You can sell this chip (or be used for slim), get Matrix, Clone CoolRunner or 360Ace and follow RGH 1.2. It should be noted that falcons are not the best for RGH 1.2 in terms of boot times.

Let me know if things go well.

Regards from the Hunter.

:crybaby: Thanks for the feedback m8, I'd heard of a bad batch, but I guess I just hoped I would get lucky... I had a look at the boot on rater and I just get a boot loop scenario. Can these bad chips be used for a RGH+ install? as from what I've read this is what a lot of people try next.

I'd like to get a second opinion on my soldering so I can rule that out also. (I'm currently ringing round trying to get a decent camera!)

You forgot pll_bypass and rst, the most important ones

Sent from my SM-G903F

All the soldering work looks good to me, i would pull rst and pll_bypass under the GPU x-clamp rather then out on the side like that, to avoid interference by the magnet fields...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Ok thanks, looks like this is leaning toward a dodgy cr4.... I hope not because my balls are gonna get twisted when my wife finds out I need the dinner table for another few weeks!! Would using heat shrink on those wires help shield them at all?

Ok thanks, looks like this is leaning toward a dodgy cr4.... I hope not because my balls are gonna get twisted when my wife finds out I need the dinner table for another few weeks!! Would using heat shrink on those wires help shield them at all?

Only if it comes with a metal on the inside and is connected to ground...

Like this?

Yes, that's how i always wired consoles =)

Ok thanks for that, ran it through rater. Got a more consistent (non) boot if that makes any sense.

Might be time for a slim.

hurraaay! after much messing with dips I managed to boot xell! Dips 3 + 6?! But it only works every so often so I'm guessing this will need some fine tuning. Can anyone advise?

Tuning is simple, and complicated. I would suggest cutting cpu_rst wire as short as possible, if you havnt already. Also when tuning the console, you need to hook it all back up, disc drive, hdd, and any usb devices/kinect as these all effect glitch timing. then work your way through the dips, and use the rater. other than that, go for it.

• Like 1

Thank you, also before I create my XeBuild, I noticed in the bottom left hand of J-Runner there is no XeBuild version number. 1) Should I download the latest XeBuild 1.17 and update jrunner. 2) My Xbox is on Dash 17489, can I choose 17502 and create XeBuild, then write or do I have to keep it on 17489?

It should automatically update. as for the kernel, I would create for the latest dash. It doesnt make a difference, you could technichally use the hack to run 7371, but the latest will support the all games.

I tried the console this morning and I couldn't get it to glitch. Last night I was getting a boot within roughly 10 glitches, clearly something is not quite right. I'll assemble everything back into the case and try again tonight. From having dips 3 and 6 on, what would be a good idea to try? Maybe 4 & 6 or maybe more than two dips on at a time....please could you advise?

Ok will do, just spotted the alternate smc files so will try that thanks.

They're NOT for R-JTAG+ tho, they're for RGH2+