RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
saywaking

[Aurora] Content Management - Clean Unused

Hi,

we can a clean unused or cached TUs.

My suggestion is to also clean unused Content in the 0000000... directory, (only) when Aurora knows those are unused.
And that's checked, if Aurora ever had that game in it's Database. Dunno if there are some risks and bothway solutions for this, but this could save much space and maybe speed up the Boots etc.

People have had games, that they played once and deleted again, but still have TU or DLC. They don't need it. But they need space and speed. :=

People have had games, that they played once and deleted again, but still have TU or DLC. They don't need it. But they need space and speed. :=

After deleting the game through Aurora's games screen, Y on selected game, scroll to bottom, move left to delete, I manually remove the corresponding game folder in content 000~0000 via the file manager.

Never had an issue doing it this way.

Hi,

we can a clean unused or cached TUs.

My suggestion is to also clean unused Content in the 0000000... directory, (only) when Aurora knows those are unused.

And that's checked, if Aurora ever had that game in it's Database. Dunno if there are some risks and bothway solutions for this, but this could save much space and maybe speed up the Boots etc.

to speed up boots, cut off "auto scanning" lol.. for both TU/Games

to clear your cache, go to "sys settings" in guide/stock dash, Memory, HDD (might work with USB that is system drives), press Y for device options, then clear System Cache..

THEN, if you load up a game that has a TU that needs to go into cache and the TU is enabled, Aurora will move it BACK into Cache from backup location..

Same goes for when you start a game without a TU enabled, if it's there, but not enabled, Aurora will delete the TU in "hdd:/Content/...../00002000", then boot game.. and vice versa, will place it back in correct location when you re-able it.. (this is where the screen says applying Title Update happens)

now, i am totally up for an app/script for deleting un-used folders/ect... but that might be in 0.6..