RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
saywaking

[Aurora] Updating offline/manually

Hi,

There are many people offline, and they also want to update their Aurora.

It seems like it is possible to update Aurora, as there is an integrated Updater in Aurora. But that's only for devices with internet Connection and download the updates with Aurora.

My suggestion is, that the public Offline users can also Update, without manually deleting Aurora, loosing, Covers and recovering Databases etc.

I wouldn't know how it is currently realized. If it's a special update package with the updater delivered, then we simply would need to have it also provided, along with the normal release.

So, everytime you have a new Release, we also would have an update Package, for the people who would update it manually.

But who knows, maybe there is a better solution.

Best regards

There's no need to delete the old install, we've thus far always had support for simply overwriting the old files with the new version and it's worked fine... (this needs to be done with another instance of Aurora or some other software with a filemanager/ftp server)

Not sure how 0.6b will be tho as a few things have changed which the updater would normally deal with

Oh.

I thought there was more, like Aurora might have Database Updates (SQL Migration), so a simple overwriting wouldn't be enough.

It's ok then tho.

Oh.

I thought there was more, like Aurora might have Database Updates (SQL Migration), so a simple overwriting wouldn't be enough.

It's ok then tho.

It'll load the old db and upgrade it :)