RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
carval444

Trinity won't turn(nand corrupted)

Hi,

I have recently RGH2'd my trinity. Everything went OK but after I made my cpu_rst wire shorter nothing would work anymore.
All I got was the "PLING" sound the xbox makes to turn on. Nothing more. No green light, no red light, nothing.

So I desoldered everything and tried to reflash the xbox to stock but I can't read my nand anymore. J-Runner wont read or write my NAND anymore. It gives me a 0F000000... Can't read NAND error.

I read that it is possible to shrten pin 44-47 or something on the NAND or short them all at the same time.

What sould I do?

You messed up the SMC on it most likely, you can try to time an erase using NANDPro (if you have a NAND-X or similar), just have it continuously send an erase command (using a batch script essentially, something like this:

:start
nandpro usb: -e16
goto start
Once it manages to erase your nand, you can do ctrl + c to abort the loop...

Basically, you want the console hooked to your computer and plug in/out the power cable from the motherboard... (don't use the PSU cable as it'll make this pretty much useless, takes a while to completely drain the PSU, takes no time at all if you unplug the PSU from the console instead)

Once you've got the nand erased, it should be possible to write it again...

If you keep getting failures despite doing this, it's likely that you messed up something with the soldering somewhere and you should really look for damaged components and/or solder spill on the motherboard... (probably should do this first tbh)

Thank you,

I have a matrix spi nand reader that I use for reading/writing the nand.

Do you mean I have to continuously pull out an in the psu on the motherboard?

And I checked the motherboard multiple times before and no solder spills

thanks

Thank you,

I have a matrix spi nand reader that I use for reading/writing the nand.

Do you mean I have to continuously pull out an in the psu on the motherboard?

And I checked the motherboard multiple times before and no solder spills

thanks

That's compatible, and yes, until you see nandpro saying it's erasing... really, as soon as it erased the first block it should start working properly...

If you can't get it to work after trying to do that for a few minutes (usually takes less then 10 minutes) you should probably look for shorts on the motherboard and/or damaged components near where you've soldered

Could not detect a flash controller!
Incompatible ARM firmware for this version of NandPro!

Thats what i got from my cmd.

I have probably an old windows xp laptop laying around that I used for my jtag. But this is gonna take a couple of hours.
Mayby an easy fix for the error I got?

only when I let spi nand in usb and psu to xbox and start batch it gives me this

Looking for usb interface device
Incompatible ARM firmware for this version of NandPro!
Flash Config: 0x00000001
Block Size: 16KB Block Limits: 0x000000..0x0003FF
File:
Erasing
Error:   0 erasing block 0
Error:   0 erasing block 1
Error:   0 erasing block 2

and so on......

when i try to do the thing you said to do psu in/out, it wouldnt erease anymore and it gives the error like in the post above

hmm weird but i am making progress.

after those erasing block errors  went to jrunner and wrote the stock nand back.

It gaves me a failed to write by EVERY block, but when i click the ? to know my motherboard everything shows up normally???

hmm weird but i am making progress.

after those erasing block errors  went to jrunner and wrote the stock nand back.

It gaves me a failed to write by EVERY block, but when i click the ? to know my motherboard everything shows up normally???

Checking Console..
Version: 01
Flash Config: 0x00023010
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
CB Version: 9231
Trinity

I have read the nand again and compaired with a backup an it looks like they are the same!
Sould I remove the nand reader and try to boot the console?

Abandon jrunner, use nandpro... erase it fully so you have no errors... from there, write your nand using: nandpro usb: -w16 imagefile.bin... once that's done, unplug the console, remove post from the chip and try to boot your console, if it works; great! You can try to hack it again, using xeBuild GUI and NANDPro instead...

If not, you need to remove the chip completely and try again... still failing? Check everything on your board to be as expected...

Sent from my SM-G903F

with nandpro when writing it says usb_control_msg failed -5 when writing every block

What does it mean?

Try unplugging and plugging the spi flasher from the computer

Sent from my SM-G903F

the unplug/replug didnt work.

I found my old windows xp machine and used nadpro + drivers on there. The 3.0 didnt work but the 2.0e DID!!!

All without errors. I will now desolder the matrix and i'll let you know if it worked

ALL RIGHT!!!!!

Thank you very much for helping me out! my console turns on again like before!!!
Thank you!!!

I have just 2 more little questions:

1 what is the best option for re modding my xbox?(like rgh2,rgh2+,..... and maybe a link?)
2 Is there a way to test my matrix glitcher v3 before re-soldering it to the xbox and doing the stuff all over again?

Thank you very much!!! I am so happy right now!

I would use standard rgh2... personally i use Squirt360 v1.2/1.2b for trinity/corona...

Not really, v3 is a clone... you can only check the components and guess what they should be in terms of resistors etc. And of course back trace the traces to check that they're connected to the ic correctly...

Sent from my SM-G903F

all right! thank you very much!

you helped me way better than the people at se7ensins!

Keep up the good work/help support....

Thank you!

• Like 1