RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Thors

Red Dead Redemption GOTY Systemlink compatibility.

Hi. I have the game Rdr(GOTY) and would like to play on systemlink,the problem is that the only TU available for it is TU 1(For media ID 3EE87B76) while almost  everyone else play on TU9.I've search but it seems like there is no TU9 for this Media ID :wallbash: .I came upon this thread ,which is probably the same thing i've been looking for.http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4085-solution-for-red-dead-redemption-goty-and-normal/  Is there a way i could play with this version of the game ?Did anyone find a solution?The game is 12gb and i have a slow connection,it would be a real pain to get it again :crybaby: .Thank you for your time ,any help is appreciated. :happy:

Hi. I have the game Rdr(GOTY) and would like to play on systemlink,the problem is that the only TU available for it is TU 1(For media ID 3EE87B76) while almost  everyone else play on TU9.I've search but it seems like there is no TU9 for this Media ID :wallbash: .I came upon this thread ,which is probably the same thing i've been looking for.http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4085-solution-for-red-dead-redemption-goty-and-normal/  Is there a way i could play with this version of the game ?Did anyone find a solution?The game is 12gb and i have a slow connection,it would be a real pain to get it again :crybaby: .Thank you for your time ,any help is appreciated. :happy:

First off, on a site that has a No Piracy talk rule, it is really stupid to ask for help, then say you dont want to have to pirate another copy, just so you can play with others.  :wallbash:

As for the problem you are having, there are other places you can get TU's other than unity. just try googling: xbox 360 title update downloads and a ton of sites, outside of xbox unity come up. Before Unity had TU's, this is how we did it. lol. Good luck, as long as the ID's match, the TU should work for your game, just make sure what ever you download, it gets put in the right spot. once it is there, aurora will copy it, to the aurora dir, so it can be activated/deactivated, etc. good luck.

First off, on a site that has a No Piracy talk rule, it is really stupid to ask for help, then say you dont want to have to pirate another copy, just so you can play with others.  :wallbash:

As for the problem you are having, there are other places you can get TU's other than unity. just try googling: xbox 360 title update downloads and a ton of sites, outside of xbox unity come up. Before Unity had TU's, this is how we did it. lol. Good luck, as long as the ID's match, the TU should work for your game, just make sure what ever you download, it gets put in the right spot. once it is there, aurora will copy it, to the aurora dir, so it can be activated/deactivated, etc. good luck.

First of all thank you for your reply.I don't wanna be rude but i have read the rules and no where in my comment did i mention i got it illegally ,nor did i  say it's my intention to obtain it illegally and i did not ask or share any link. As for the trouble am having ,there is no TU9 for this version .I would not ask if i had not searched beforehand.There is no TU 9 for this version atleast i have not found it on unity,on google and i've skim atleast a dozen xbox related sites without success and finally while googling i came upon the thread mention in my post,a thread posted here long ago thus the reason i am asking here and not elsewhere.to see if meanwhile someone found a solution.Thank you.

First of all thank you for your reply.I don't wanna be rude but i have read the rules and no where in my comment did i mention i got it illegally ,nor did i  say it's my intention to obtain it illegally and i did not ask or share any link. As for the trouble am having ,there is no TU9 for this version .I would not ask if i had not searched beforehand.There is no TU 9 for this version atleast i have not found it on unity,on google and i've skim atleast a dozen xbox related sites without success and finally while googling i came upon the thread mention in my post,a thread posted here long ago thus the reason i am asking here and not elsewhere.to see if meanwhile someone found a solution.Thank you.

it was implied by this......

The game is 12gb and i have a slow connection,it would be a real pain to get it again  :crybaby: .

I only warned you, as you didnt post a link, or outright say it. You do realize you are arguing with a moderator.

it was implied by this......

I only warned you, as you didnt post a link, or outright say it. You do realize you are arguing with a moderator.

I do realize ,i was not trying to argue nor  being rude or disrespectful just making point.

I do realize ,i was not trying to argue nor  being rude or disrespectful just making point.

Long story short, in this situation, the staff have to use our best judgement on these things. Putting a toe over the line is still crossing the line. It could be worse, if you said something like that on the TX forums, they would ban you. As for your problem they wouldnt help you until you could prove you have the actual game disc. lol. 

Now on to your problem, if you cant find a newer TU for your version of the game, then you will probably have to obtain a new copy that isnt the GOTY version.

• Like 2

Some GOTY editions simply come bundled with a dlc installer, others come with all the fixes made to the game prior to the release of the goty edition already part of the game, therefor these versions aren't exactly recommended for use with unity... go for the standard version of the game and get the dlc separatly

Sent from my SM-G903F