RealModScene
speedemonsd

Aurora emulators with autolaunch

I found this this and I have some questions.

1.Can Aurora really launch roms directly from the dashboard ?

2.How do I register the emulators with Aurora? . I mean I scanned the emulators folder with emulators script enabled and as expected the core emulator xex's showed up in the dashboard. But how do I get aurora to display the roms from whitin the emulators ? Is it even possible ?

1. Yes, it can... if the emulator support the custom format we used for the launchdata...

2. You select the "Emulator" scriptdata thingy, then you press Y on the game and go to where you normally find DLC and it'll now list ROMS instead

Thanks Swizzy , tho I was hoping there would be some way for the roms to be displayed in the coverflow. Anyhwo this still beats having to go into the emulator  :dj: 

There's no easy way to add Emulator ROMS to the Coverflow as the cases of those games don't have the same format at all, they don't generally have the dimensions of a DVD cover, they also don't exactly fit in the coverflow either...

There's no easy way to add Emulator ROMS to the Coverflow as the cases of those games don't have the same format at all, they don't generally have the dimensions of a DVD cover, they also don't exactly fit in the coverflow either...

It is entirely possible though; however, would need to standardize the  image dimensions right? Not like you guys would want to make a code allowing for the rectangular shape of SNES games, the NES and Master System games cases were square in shape but most of the others could be resized to fit your current coverflow schemas. Very very low on the totem pole but I do really think it'd be a great idea! I can get most of the covers as awhile ago I did post a link for a place that has just about all of them as well as the disc art too. http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers 

This is a newer link that I just found that I think would be more promising http://www.thecoverproject.net/

Actually, browsing that site, it looks like all the covers could be migrated to fit your coverflow schemas flawlessly, including the Super Nintendo ones.

ArcadeHITS (Every MAME rom to current PC build) and Gamefaqs (Consoles) have all of them actually which I used to use as a scraper service for an old Advance Launcher Kodi build for my old HTPC before I got into modding/repairing consoles. There's an idea maybe.

It is possible, yes... but... not exactly feasible, there's also the launch bit which needs to be re-written to know how to boot them (with the emu) and the filters need to know it's a rom and not a regular title...

Sent from my SM-G903F

It is possible, yes... but... not exactly feasible, there's also the launch bit which needs to be re-written to know how to boot them (with the emu) and the filters need to know it's a rom and not a regular title...

Sent from my SM-G903F

This is when I wish I knew more on programming because if it's script-based, then that would most likely be an if // else statement with two modules, one that directs to the standard coverflow module and the other module that is specifically for emulators correct?

This is when I wish I knew more on programming because if it's script-based, then that would most likely be an if // else statement with two modules, one that directs to the standard coverflow module and the other module that is specifically for emulators correct?

There's nothing you can do on your own to add this feature, it has to be added to the coverflow in the aurora backend before anything can work, i was just stating that filters need to know if they should filter as a rom or title, as the roms won't have a title id etc.