RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
olujosh

Converting 360 files / Copying disc-to-hard drive

I had it easy because most of the 360 games I had were already converted to the proper format. Now that I've added a few new ones, the iso converter I was given doesn't apply (apparently). 

I've attached what the files look like: post-71331-0-95137700-1451326408_thumb.jpg

Can someone tell me how to convert that to the proper format to play on Aurora?

Also, I'm ripping my own games to the hard drive and there's a few of them that don't seem to work. They either freeze part way through (disc isn't scratched or anything) or they don't even read them (yes, they're legit 360 games). Is that normal? Are there just some games that won't rip properly?

What's the file size of the .dvd file?

I find it strange there would be a .dvd and no .iso. They usually come in pairs...

Also, how are you ripping your games? Via FSD DVD Extract, or via NXE install feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extract the rar(s) then you get the ISO, from there you extract the ISO using the XISO Extraction tool

Extract the rar(s) then you get the ISO, from there you extract the ISO using the XISO Extraction tool

So I extract all of the rar files and then run iso extract? I'm wondering why some of them are RAR'd and others aren't. I'll give that a try

So I extract all of the rar files and then run iso extract? I'm wondering why some of them are RAR'd and others aren't. I'll give that a try

It's how split rars work, they didn't make one BIG RAR file, they made several small

What's the file size of the .dvd file?

I find it strange there would be a .dvd and no .iso. They usually come in pairs...

Also, how are you ripping your games? Via FSD DVD Extract, or via NXE install feature?

I was using FSD's DVD extract. Like I said, most of them worked, but about 5 of them didn't. If there's a better method, I'm all ears. 

I was using FSD's DVD extract. Like I said, most of them worked, but about 5 of them didn't. If there's a better method, I'm all ears.

The better method is definitely DVD Extract as it only rips the raw game data. According to Swizzy, NXE Install method does this too except it adds a bunch of "security crap" lol. However, NXE Install + nxe2god is a decent alternative if DVD Extract fails.

Here's how to do it:

1) Insert game disc

2) Load official Xbox dashboard (NXE)

3) Hover over your game disc and press X

4) Install game

5) Load nxe2god and follow the prompts to convert your NXE installed games to games on demand (GOD)

Usually when you install games via NXE it requires you to have the disc in the drive while you play. nxe2god simply removes this limitation.

• Like 1

It's how split rars work, they didn't make one BIG RAR file, they made several small

I found another one that just has ONE .rar file. Same deal, right? 

Using winrar, just extract the rar, winrar knows what to do...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes-- same deal. Same goes for any game you find in .7z format (split or single file). Though .rar is by far more common...

Yeah dont pay much mind to the sfv files unless u use newsgroups with yenc and quickpar the nfo just a brief description of the torrent open by right click open with and select notepad for that

It worked. Just extracted the compressed files ... ran iso extractor and it worked like a charm. Thanks for all the help. 

• Like 1