RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
olujosh

Since Xbox360 won't connect to internet, need help updating covers manually

I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 / FSD to the internet and it hasn't worked. I've tried plenty of troubleshooting options and nothing seems to work (it connects to my router/network, but the "internet" test fails). 

Does anyone have a step-by-step on how to add covers manually for each game?

The NXE "Internet" test will ALWAYS fail when you have "liveblock" or "livestrong" enabled in Dashlaunch...

FSD is no longer officially supported by xboxunity, there is a unofficial mod that you can use which may work for covers (i haven't tested it myself as i use Aurora instead)

The NXE "Internet" test will ALWAYS fail when you have "liveblock" or "livestrong" enabled in Dashlaunch...

FSD is no longer officially supported by xboxunity, there is a unofficial mod that you can use which may work for covers (i haven't tested it myself as i use Aurora instead)

I was told that even though 'Live' is blocked, it still has the ability to access the internet and download covers. I'd like to be able to do that, but if it's a huge pain, then I'd be fine with just doing it manually. 

I was told that even though 'Live' is blocked, it still has the ability to access the internet and download covers. I'd like to be able to do that, but if it's a huge pain, then I'd be fine with just doing it manually.

Yes, you can still access the internet, however, the network test checking if you are able to connect to the internet checks if you are able to connect to the xbox live servers, which you are not...

Check the forums, there's a unofficial FSD around here somewhere, or you can upgrade to Aurora which out-of-the box with any version is supported by Xboxunity (where covers come from)

Yeah, I saw the unofficial patch, Appearantly, another person found the leaked code for FSD. I had it at one point, but cant find it anymore. Think it was on the computer that got stollen. lol. 

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not very savvy when it comes to switching to Aurora (someone did this up for me), so if someone knows where I can find some instructions for just downloading the covers manually (which I have covered already) and then adding them to the game's folder. It seems like it's that easy, but often times things are never as easy as they seem. 

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not very savvy when it comes to switching to Aurora (someone did this up for me), so if someone knows where I can find some instructions for just downloading the covers manually (which I have covered already) and then adding them to the game's folder. It seems like it's that easy, but often times things are never as easy as they seem.

Installing Aurora is easy, you download it and put it on the HDD like a game (except it's a homebrew app) then you tell Dashlaunch to launch it instead of FSD as auto... voila, you've now installed Aurora :) next, you'll just have to add the scanpaths etc. which is also easy to do...

If you don't want to learn these basic operations, you should probably consider selling your JTAG/RGH and buying a retail system and use that instead

Oh I'm fine with learning new things, I just got it and I wanted to get it all set up before I started tinkering with it. I figured adding cover art manually would be pretty easy. Even if I get Aurora going, I still don't think it will connect to download covers automatically (It doesn't work now).

It probably doesnt work now because the servers moved from jqe360 to xboxunity, and FSD was never officially updated to work with Xbox Unity covers, and title updates.(Someone released an unofficial update that fixes this though). Also, make sure you have xhttp enabled in dashlaunch.

• Like 1

Oh I'm fine with learning new things, I just got it and I wanted to get it all set up before I started tinkering with it. I figured adding cover art manually would be pretty easy. Even if I get Aurora going, I still don't think it will connect to download covers automatically (It doesn't work now).

Like gavin said, the server changed and dropped the FSD support we once had because we've also dropped support for FSD in general, it's outdated and no longer being updated by anyone (well, technically, it was updated once... but... not officially updated anymore)

Aurora works fine with downloading covers for everyone that i know of, it's quite rare that it doesn't work (unless your connection to the server fails for whatever reason)

Like gavin said, the server changed and dropped the FSD support we once had because we've also dropped support for FSD in general, it's outdated and no longer being updated by anyone (well, technically, it was updated once... but... not officially updated anymore)

Aurora works fine with downloading covers for everyone that i know of, it's quite rare that it doesn't work (unless your connection to the server fails for whatever reason)

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try then and let you know how it goes.

Can you point me to the best step-by-step for installing Aurora and setting it up properly? (save me the trouble of digging through the support forums)

Ok, I found a couple videos and was able to piece it together. Now I just need to get used to using it (looks great so far). The covers all downloaded, so far so good. Still learning. I'll have to browse the support forum to find out how to get aurora to launch right away instead of FSD (I'm assuming that's possible)

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1