RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gh666

[request] looking for XeRemote

Out of curiosity, what is XeRemote?

My Google-Fu is strong-- maybe I could find it for you. Knowing a bit more about it may help.

Out of curiosity, what is XeRemote?

My Google-Fu is strong-- maybe I could find it for you. Knowing a bit more about it may help.

XeRemote is a plugin for the Xbox 360 kernel (it can be loaded with Dashlaunch i believe) with an accompanying windows application which sends commands to the console with button presses, it might just be the later part tho, never used it myself, only recently heard about it :)

XeRemote is a plugin for the Xbox 360 kernel (it can be loaded with Dashlaunch i believe) with an accompanying windows application which sends commands to the console with button presses, it might just be the later part tho, never used it myself, only recently heard about it :)

Ooo, sounds spiffy. I managed to find the LTU2 fileset for Maximus Lizard (and promptly uploaded to Eurasia.nu), so chances are I can find this too. Once I get to my PC I'll give it a shot... And upload to Eurasia of course lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to find the LTU2 fileset for Maximus Lizard (and promptly uploaded to Eurasia.nu), so chances are I can find this too.

Last time I checked, all of the LTU2 files were included with the firmware pack on xbins. What device you use to flash it to the drive shouldnt matter. ;) As for this, I have no idea if it is on xbins, I havnt checked, as I have no need for a digital controller on my computer.

Last time I checked, all of the LTU2 files were included with the firmware pack on xbins. What device you use to flash it to the drive shouldnt matter. ;) As for this, I have no idea if it is on xbins, I havnt checked, as I have no need for a digital controller on my computer.

tl;dr: LTU2 .bin files ARE on Xbins, but cannot be utilized by 360 Lizard or Lizard Toolbox. Meaning, Lizard users are S.O.L. unless they find the special "fileset" file.

My thirst for finding the LTU2 fileset for Maximus' 360 Lizard was fueled by this bolded statement exactly-- however the folks at Team Xecuter's forums don't take kindly to people who use competitor products.

The LTU2 "Fileset" is in a file format seemingly only recognized by Lizard Toolbox (I've briefly tried extracting it as an archive (perhaps just a .zip in disguise?) with no luck). If it were possible to use the Xbins .bin files (or relatively simple to recreate the "fileset"), I would have used it in a heartbeat. Without it, there's just no way to generate a LTU2 image in Lizard Toolbox

Since all that frantic searching, I eventually bought a X360USB Pro V2: Hey, I gotta have something to hook up my 0800 drive, right? Lol :) I still prefer Lizard for drive flashing though.

(And for those curious, I eventually found the fileset via tossing a dead download link I found into archive.org)

tl;dr: LTU2 .bin files ARE on Xbins, but cannot be utilized by 360 Lizard or Lizard Toolbox. Meaning, Lizard users are S.O.L. unless they find the special "fileset" file.

My thirst for finding the LTU2 fileset for Maximus' 360 Lizard was fueled by this bolded statement exactly-- however the folks at Team Xecuter's forums don't take kindly to people who use competitor products.

The LTU2 "Fileset" is in a file format seemingly only recognized by Lizard Toolbox (I've briefly tried extracting it as an archive (perhaps just a .zip in disguise?) with no luck). If it were possible to use the Xbins .bin files (or relatively simple to recreate the "fileset"), I would have used it in a heartbeat. Without it, there's just no way to generate a LTU2 image in Lizard Toolbox

Since all that frantic searching, I eventually bought a X360USB Pro V2: Hey, I gotta have something to hook up my 0800 drive, right? Lol :) I still prefer Lizard for drive flashing though.

(And for those curious, I eventually found the fileset via tossing a dead download link I found into archive.org)

I dont have a lizard, so thanks for the education, though I think I will stick with the jungle flasher method. ;)

Well... After much googling, I have some bad news for everyone hunting for XeRemote. It seems the author (teh1337) had only uploaded it to his own personal website, http://cf.gy .... Archive.org indexed other pages from the site, such as some other coding projects he had, but no archives of XeRemote.zip.

Furthermore, I found people on xpsgamesaves offering money to anyone with a new upload with no result. Some have reached out to teh1337 on YouTube, also with no result.

What this means:

There is a slim to none chance you'll ever find an upload of XeRemote. It seems very few people downloaded it, so it's down to either teh1337 reuploading it (unlikely) or someone who downloaded from http://cf.gy to reupload (even more unlikely). To say the least, this is extremely disappointing. I wish I would have known about this sooner, because I most certainly would have archived it.

I dont have a lizard, so thanks for the education, though I think I will stick with the jungle flasher method. ;)

I don't blame you-- best to stick with what you have. Besides, 360 Lizard is expensive.. It never saw price drops like the X360USB Pro v2 did :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk